MAX SPEED (km/h): 160
    BRAKE TYPE: DISC/DISC
    EMISSION: EURO Ⅲ STANDARD
    ECONOMIC FUEL CONSUMPTION: 4 (L/100km)
    CAPACITY OF FUEL TANK: 19 L
    MAX.TOQUE: 51 N·m (4500rpm)
    CARBURETION CLOSED-LOOP Electronic Fuel Injection? SYSTEM
    OTHER: INTELLIGENT SELF-CHECK SYSTEM DISPLAY/INDICATION

The above is what I copied from Jialing's official website.
    In fact they offered 2 versions: Asia Spec. 780mm seat height and Europe Spec. 820mm seat height
    The differences are: longer front suspension travel for Europe spec, the rear shock travel is the same but can be adjusted for better ground clearance, thus taller seat hight. Asia spec have dual low beam and Eurp spec only right low beam. The rest is the same.
    Colour available: Red, Blue and Black
    There is a JH600B 2wd sidecar model made mainly for the Chinese military but also available in civilian version, dull army green (a glossy camo also been done but not sure if anyone will like it ).

I bought this JH600 Oct. last year solely for touring China. It can be licensed, taxed and insured in China. That is one of the main reason I want to buy it . Can afford to get on the wrong side of the laws in China. So far I have clocked about 8000km on this bike and have enjoyed touring Southwestern part of China without any problem The photo showed my bike just came out of production line ready to be packed and ship to a dealer in Mianyang where I will go and take delivery and add more stuff to make it my kind of China touring bike
    Attached Images

I arrived Mianyang, Szechuan province in Oct and made the JH600 look like this:thumbup:
    Attached Images

On tour western Szechuan. You can read about the tour here:
    http://http://www.advrider.com/forum...79505:scooter:
    Attached Images

Jialing like many other makers didn't design and manufactured a new model completely in-house. Especially this is their first attempt to produce a motorcycle bigger than 250cc. Therefore, many outside help has been commissioned, joint developed, technical transfered etc.... Just to mention a few :
    Engine: Jointly designed by Jialing and AVL in Austria
    Clutch: FCC
    Drive chain: DID
    Suspension: Showa
    ECU/fuel injection: Bosch
    Instrument: Simens

So is it reliable? I can say yes.
    Is it absolutely trouble free? Has any new model bike trouble free from any major manufacturer? JH600 does have some minor teething problems but not enough to make it a BAD MOTORCYCLE
    It handles surprisingly well considering its size and weight.
    Power & torque is not its strongest selling point but she will give you 80% of her torque at 3,000rpm which makes her much easier to ride at slower speed. Believe me, in China, you do not want to ride very fast. So cruising at 80kmh on 5th gear will give you a fuel consumption of 4L/100km which means a tankful of gas can run 450km. In real life, my fuel consumption is between 4.5-5L/100km which I can comfortablely make a 400km day without worrying fuel stop. In China, you do want to fill up in big gas stations as fuel quality varies a lot. JH600 ius fuel injected and design to take 93 Octane fuel. We tried to run it on 90 Octane without any problem but Jialing advised me to switch back to 93 Octane whenever possible. 93 Octane is easily available in most part of China. Only occasionally I found myself in really remote parts of Tibet or Xinjiang where 93 Octane is on short supply.
    Attached Images

Where did you get those nice cases? Are they some custom made for the JH600?

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Where did you get those nice cases? Are they some custom made for the JH600?
    Yes, I had them custom made for my JH600:biggrin:

Franki,

I know you've ridden Japanese bikes of similar size and class. How would you say the Jialing compares against what you've ridden/owned in the past?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

I really think Jailing has a good product here. I just wish they'd do something about that ugg-O front end. Looks like an insect or something. Yuck

That ugliness aside, I can't wait to ride one this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Franki,

I know you've ridden Japanese bikes of similar size and class. How would you say the Jialing compares against what you've ridden/owned in the past?

CC
    I can't compare it with XR600 as it is an world class offroad bike. JH600 should be compared with BMW F650GS or Suzuki XF650 etc. JH600 is not as powerful as her counterpart, nor does it look good cosmatically. It is tuned to be used on Chinese roads and traffic conditions. It has a wider useable rev range and lower fuel consumption. Factory claimed 3L/100km at road test condition. The 195kg dry weight also didn't help. Factory is trying to reduce her weight in future. I have seen an alu swing arm under going test:innocent:

Suspension is by Showa. It is tuned more towards bumpy tarmac than dirt.
    Brakes are sufficient but the front rotor warped after 5000km. Jialing replaced it FOC sighting poor QC from vendor. I think it has a heat treatment problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersignet View Post
    I really think Jailing has a good product here. I just wish they'd do something about that ugg-O front end. Looks like an insect or something. Yuck

That ugliness aside, I can't wait to ride one this summer.
    Eat your heart out, BMW:laugh:

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast