Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    how to define and ensure "proper" paper-work ?

I am not the only one asking these dummy Q's - could you/we try
    to construct a list of thumb-rule or similar of do's,don'ts, rules, assumptions, based of facts, experience etc. - could be valuable info

Quote Originally Posted by MaRX8nka View Post
    how to define and ensure "proper" paper-work ?

I am not the only one asking these dummy Q's - could you/we try
    to construct a list of thumb-rule or similar of do's,don'ts, rules, assumptions, based of facts, experience etc. - could be valuable info
    You should go to the Jialing factory in Chongqing. They have a showroom for JH600 and you can test ride the bike before you show any money

I have got all legal license and paper work. The bike's title is under my name

Jialing may not be able to registered the bike for you but their service station in Chongqing or Mainyang can set up your bike and register it for you. No matter what, you are not suppose to ride within the 3rd ring road of Chengdu.

Unless they've changed the rules in the past few months, I think you aren't allowed to ride inside second rind road but at night people don't seem to care so much.

Other people have posted suggestions on getting a bike licensed in China as well as tips on staying safe while riding in China. Search around a bit first and then feel free to ask any unanswered questions.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #94 honda xrl 650 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    the bike should have more power than a honda xrl 650 .my last bike was the honda . it is rated aT 32 HP . so 30 kw would be more than that with the water cooled 600 . also why do you have police lights and siren on a touring bike?

Because he can.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Because he can.

CC
    Haha, CC, you are getting funnier everyday

7. #97 Re: JH600 impression 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey Franki, how is the JH600 holding up?

I just read where the Traxx group (Jailing) here in Brazil may start selling the JH600.

TL

8. #98 Re: JH600 impression 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Hi Franki,
    have read this post and a number of other posts a few times, anyway I've 3 motorcycles/scooters here in China, having been here 7 years now and counting. I've been reading with more than a passing interest on this Jialing JH600. I'd prefer a BMW F800gs or 1200gs and had a look at one of the two BMW motorrad stores in SH a couple of weekends ago but the prices for a legal/new BMW motorcycle here in PRC are just ridiculous, basically twice the purchase price of the same bikes elsewhere on the planet. Around 元230,000+ for a new F800gs that's twice the price than a new NZ beemer.

This has bought me to Jialing bike, which seems can be licensed here on the mainland without too much hassle. I'm wanting to purchase one, but I'm based in Ningbo and none of the local motorcycle dealers have one, and unless its in stock they're generally not interested in getting one, or don't have the right connection/distribution channels.

Have searched taobao <dot> com several times, and have found a couple of consistent ads, one for a new JH600 for around 元29000 and the other is a second hand/used 2006 JH600 for around 元18000. If anyone here on this site is the owner of the second hand JH600, then get in contact with me. I might just be interested... and if anyone is looking to sell a late model BMW F650, F800GS or 1150/1200GS at a realistic price, then give me a shout out too. I saw the 2004 1150gs for sale too late that sold, pity!

Franki, I've sent emails to lishilin65194677 <at> yeah <dot> net and also jh600 <at> jialing <dot> com <dot> cn two weeks ago but not had any replies, now I understand that either email recipients might have to pass my email onto a 3rd party to get translation done, but if you have any other contact information, then that'd be helpful.

If anyone is ever in Ningbo give me a shout... see my intro for more info.
    :)

Sunny side up to all...
    Bikerdoc
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 11-10-2009 at 03:34 AM. Reason: spelling

9. #99 Re: JH600 impression 
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeafar View Post
    Hey Franki, how is the JH600 holding up?

I just read where the Traxx group (Jailing) here in Brazil may start selling the JH600.

TL
    Hi Blazeafar,

My JH600 is holding up fine. Just gone through a factory maintanance to change out all the worn out parts (now over 34,000km). I hope you will get your 2009 model JH600 soon.

By the way, I do plan to tour S. America in 2012. Trying to save up enough money to buy a bike in the US and ride down south.

Cheers,

Franki

10. #100 Re: JH600 impression 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Hi Franki,
    have read this post and a number of other posts a few times, anyway I've 3 motorcycles/scooters here in China, having been here 7 years now and counting. I've been reading with more than a passing interest on this Jialing JH600. I'd prefer a BMW F800gs or 1200gs and had a look at one of the two BMW motorrad stores in SH a couple of weekends ago but the prices for a legal/new BMW motorcycle here in PRC are just ridiculous, basically twice the purchase price of the same bikes elsewhere on the planet. Around 元230,000+ for a new F800gs that's twice the price than a new NZ beemer.

This has bought me to Jialing bike, which seems can be licensed here on the mainland without too much hassle. I'm wanting to purchase one, but I'm based in Ningbo and none of the local motorcycle dealers have one, and unless its in stock they're generally not interested in getting one, or don't have the right connection/distribution channels.

Have searched taobao <dot> com several times, and have found a couple of consistent ads, one for a new JH600 for around 元29000 and the other is a second hand/used 2006 JH600 for around 元18000. If anyone here on this site is the owner of the second hand JH600, then get in contact with me. I might just be interested... and if anyone is looking to sell a late model BMW F650, F800GS or 1150/1200GS at a realistic price, then give me a shout out too. I saw the 2004 1150gs for sale too late that sold, pity!

Franki, I've sent emails to lishilin65194677 <at> yeah <dot> net and also jh600 <at> jialing <dot> com <dot> cn two weeks ago but not had any replies, now I understand that either email recipients might have to pass my email onto a 3rd party to get translation done, but if you have any other contact information, then that'd be helpful.

If anyone is ever in Ningbo give me a shout... see my intro for more info.
    :)

Sunny side up to all...
    Bikerdoc
    Hi Bikerdoc,

You caught me just at the right time. I just came back from riding in western Sichuan for 3 weeks. Its beautiful up there.

Li is in the office but he speaks no English so it may be difficult to get a reply from him. Why don't you have your Chinese friend write him a mail in Chinese? These state run companies are very slow to customer service

Don't buy JH600 on Taobao as you may find yourself unable to get it licensed later JH600 is only directly available from the factory. Any other source may be the one slip through the factory backdoor

I may be selling mine at a later date but definetely no at a low price.

Cheers,

Franki
    Attached Images

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast