Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. #101 Re: JH600 impression 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Hey Franki.
    I note from your avatar that you're in HK, is this correct? I take onboard what you wrote about contacting Li and Jialing directly and will get my assistant to write him an email for me, see if that speeds the process at all. I'm especially careful and suspicious of Taobao, even though I buy many things off there, the bikes although tempting are pretty much all illegally imported/grey market ones, which doesn't suit me at all.

It's a pity I hadn't joined this site sooner and I'd probably have bought the 2004 BMW R1150GS that was for sale for a while here.

So Franki, when do you think you might be selling your JH600? and roughly what kind of price are you looking at? Just to give me some idea... if the timing and the pricing is right I could be a definite starter.

Anyway last two days have been wet and windy as here so no riding for past two days...

Cheers
    Bikerdoc

2. #102 Re: JH600 impression 
    Franki,

Have you reviewed your bike in any location on the net? Obviously people are still interested in it as it is the only or one of the only bigger bikes available from China which can be registered here for a reasonable price.

Maybe someone who is familiar with a 90's Tenere or similar would be the best to give an overall objective review of this bike.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

3. #103 Re: JH600 impression 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    If you make it to southern Brazil pop me an e-mail and maybe we can meet up.
    Last January/Febuary we drove from southern Brazil to Ushusia (Tierra del Fuego) Argentina, 12,000km round trip and in 2008 to Machu Picchu Peru, 8,500km round trip. Next July/August we will fly to Canada and make our way across Canada (planes, trains and automoble)

Quote Originally Posted by Franki View Post
    Hi Blazeafar,

My JH600 is holding up fine. Just gone through a factory maintanance to change out all the worn out parts (now over 34,000km). I hope you will get your 2009 model JH600 soon.

By the way, I do plan to tour S. America in 2012. Trying to save up enough money to buy a bike in the US and ride down south.

Cheers,

Franki

4. #104 Re: JH600 impression 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Hey Franki.
    I note from your avatar that you're in HK, is this correct? I take onboard what you wrote about contacting Li and Jialing directly and will get my assistant to write him an email for me, see if that speeds the process at all. I'm especially careful and suspicious of Taobao, even though I buy many things off there, the bikes although tempting are pretty much all illegally imported/grey market ones, which doesn't suit me at all.

It's a pity I hadn't joined this site sooner and I'd probably have bought the 2004 BMW R1150GS that was for sale for a while here.

So Franki, when do you think you might be selling your JH600? and roughly what kind of price are you looking at? Just to give me some idea... if the timing and the pricing is right I could be a definite starter.

Anyway last two days have been wet and windy as here so no riding for past two days...

Cheers
    Bikerdoc
    Hi,

Li told me he has got your e-mail but he passed it to Export dept. to have it translated and hasn't come back yet. I would encourage you to send him another one in Chinese to speed things up.

I haven't made up my mind to sell my JH600 yet. When I do, I shall let you know.

If it is getting too cold and wet up in Ningbo, come down to HK where it is warm and dry. The 2009 HK Bike Show is on this Sunday.

Ride on,

Franki

5. #105 Re: JH600 impression 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Franki,

Have you reviewed your bike in any location on the net? Obviously people are still interested in it as it is the only or one of the only bigger bikes available from China which can be registered here for a reasonable price.

Maybe someone who is familiar with a 90's Tenere or similar would be the best to give an overall objective review of this bike.
    ZMC,

I have done extensive review on the JH600 but on Chinese bike forums only. In general, JH600 is your only choice for China if you want a legal mid size touring bike at a reasonable price. Can't compare it with any international name brands unless you also compare the cost of purchase. As mentioned, I have done over 34,000km on it and it is still capable of carrying on for a long long time. Ride my threads on ADV Rider and you will see most of my travels on it.

6. #106 Re: JH600 impression 
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeafar View Post
    If you make it to southern Brazil pop me an e-mail and maybe we can meet up.
    Last January/Febuary we drove from southern Brazil to Ushusia (Tierra del Fuego) Argentina, 12,000km round trip and in 2008 to Machu Picchu Peru, 8,500km round trip. Next July/August we will fly to Canada and make our way across Canada (planes, trains and automoble)

I will definitely contact you when the time comes closer and the travel schedule is more or less firm up.

7. #107 Re: JH600 impression 
    Hi,

Li told me he has got your e-mail but he passed it to Export dept. to have it translated and hasn't come back yet. I would encourage you to send him another one in Chinese to speed things up.

I haven't made up my mind to sell my JH600 yet. When I do, I shall let you know.

If it is getting too cold and wet up in Ningbo, come down to HK where it is warm and dry. The 2009 HK Bike Show is on this Sunday.

Ride on,

Franki
    Hey Frankie
    I had my assistant talk with a couple of people at Jialing about the JH600. They seemed okay over the phone, the going price for one is rmb29800 which is the same price as someone on taobao is selling them - I think he might have someone he knows to source from at Jialing factory, as he's selling parts too. We made contact with the local traffic PSB about the license plate and as long as Jialing have the manufacturing quality certificate (or whatever it is) then it can get a plate here.

One of the guys in the group I ride with from time to time has one, he has had to replace the front forks (not sure the reason why) which was done under warranty.

Am still thinking about it, mainly as all the BMW F650/800gs or R1100/1200gs that I find are illegal imports that either don't come with any plate or a questionable plate... still searching though.

Since it's winter time (cold spell came on pretty rapidly and its been raining almost non-stop for two weeks), no rush I guess...

Pity about the HK bike show I would have been a starter for that, but had other things to do. Have ridden Ningbo-Shanghai return twice in the past month, but now the weather is shiet. So it's back to my car for the time being.

I've uploaded some photos to the beginning of my intro and also added a couple of dozen photos to the Galleries, more to come...

shiny side up
    bikerdoc

8. #108 Re: JH600 impression 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Hey Frankie
    I had my assistant talk with a couple of people at Jialing about the JH600. They seemed okay over the phone, the going price for one is rmb29800 which is the same price as someone on taobao is selling them - I think he might have someone he knows to source from at Jialing factory, as he's selling parts too. We made contact with the local traffic PSB about the license plate and as long as Jialing have the manufacturing quality certificate (or whatever it is) then it can get a plate here.

One of the guys in the group I ride with from time to time has one, he has had to replace the front forks (not sure the reason why) which was done under warranty.

Am still thinking about it, mainly as all the BMW F650/800gs or R1100/1200gs that I find are illegal imports that either don't come with any plate or a questionable plate... still searching though.

Since it's winter time (cold spell came on pretty rapidly and its been raining almost non-stop for two weeks), no rush I guess...

Pity about the HK bike show I would have been a starter for that, but had other things to do. Have ridden Ningbo-Shanghai return twice in the past month, but now the weather is shiet. So it's back to my car for the time being.

I've uploaded some photos to the beginning of my intro and also added a couple of dozen photos to the Galleries, more to come...

shiny side up
    bikerdoc
    The price you were quoted is for 2008 Asia spec. model. There is a 2009/2010 model with some modifications which is a lot more expensive. It all depends on what you want.

Delivery lead time usually is about 30 days, so you can plan ahead when you want your bike.

Here is a couple of photos of me test riding the 2010 JH600P when I was in CQ pass summer.

Ride on,

Franki
    Attached Images

9. #109 Re: JH600 impression 
    The price you were quoted is for 2008 Asia spec. model. There is a 2009/2010 model with some modifications which is a lot more expensive. It all depends on what you want.

Delivery lead time usually is about 30 days, so you can plan ahead when you want your bike.

Here is a couple of photos of me test riding the 2010 JH600P when I was in CQ pass summer.

Ride on,

Franki
    Hi Franki,
    Okay so do you have a list of what the modifications are for the 2009/2010 export model? Aside from the flashy lights and police colour scheme, are there other colour/light combinations available? HAHAHA!!! (Joking)

When you say more expensive, what price are you referring to? As I see it, 元29800 is already getting pretty expensive for this kind of bike inside China. After all we're referring to a Chinese made, Chinese brand of motorcycle... that produces low horsepower and uses fairly routine and oldish technology... there's no fancy technology on this bike... IMO

If I could lay my hands on a KYMCO Xciting 500 with ABS, that'd be worth the money.

Cheers
    bikerdoc

10. #110 Re: JH600 impression 

A Kymco Xciting 500? It's no more powerful than the Jialing, plus it's automatic so can't effectively apply it's power when you demand it. It can't go off-road effectively either! Lame, but that's just IMO. I've never understood scooters, other than being cheap and for new riders or very mature riders. Super scooters confuse me even more.

Plus it's probably only made in Tai***, and probably isn't exported to the mainland.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast