Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1. #111 Re: JH600 impression 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Hi Franki,
    Okay so do you have a list of what the modifications are for the 2009/2010 export model? Aside from the flashy lights and police colour scheme, are there other colour/light combinations available? HAHAHA!!! (Joking)

When you say more expensive, what price are you referring to? As I see it, 元29800 is already getting pretty expensive for this kind of bike inside China. After all we're referring to a Chinese made, Chinese brand of motorcycle... that produces low horsepower and uses fairly routine and oldish technology... there's no fancy technology on this bike... IMO

If I could lay my hands on a KYMCO Xciting 500 with ABS, that'd be worth the money.

Cheers
    bikerdoc

Hi Bikedoc,

I shall leave the sells pitch and prices to the Jialing sales people. Please check with them about what you want to know about the JH600. They get paid for doing this

I think you have a poor understand of what is going on in China. Jh600 is your only choice for that price range or you can go buy a legally imported BMW if your demand is so high. I will never buy a JH600 anywhere in the free world but for China, this is it. Take it or leave it.

You have not yet travelled to the northwest or southwest of China and may not know the road conditions there. Trying to make your way through on a big fancy scooter? You are asking for it. Here are 2 photos to show the roads in Yunnan. Thought not all are like this.

Cheers,

Franki
    Attached Images

2. #112 Re: JH600 impression 
    Happy Sunday Franki,

Went to the local Jialing dealer here in Jiangmen yesterday & paid down/ordered a black JH600 which should be delivered within a month

I have been reading the posts about this bike & decided it was "the one" for what I want here in the PRC

I've been reading about the modifications and am most definitely interested.

I live in Guifeng Garden in the mountain pass between Xinhui & Jiangmen just East of Guifeng Mountain. GPS coordinates 22°33'8.44"N 113° 2'8.65"E.

3. #113 Re: JH600 impression 
    A most fascinating thread. The JH600 is a stunningly interesting machine. I like the Austrian link with the engine design and Bosch elecs and fuel injection. Mr Franki is obviously a very handy guy to know!

For those, like me, new to this thread who have an interest in techno matters, there is some quite extensive pictorial info on Jialing's web site (click here) termed an "eyes feast". Couldn't have put it better myself.
    '09 Huoniao (Firebird) HN125-8 motorcycle [eBay bike-in-a-box]
    Aprilia SR50 LC Racing scoot

4. #114 Re: JH600 impression 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob S View Post
    Happy Sunday Franki,

Went to the local Jialing dealer here in Jiangmen yesterday & paid down/ordered a black JH600 which should be delivered within a month

I have been reading the posts about this bike & decided it was "the one" for what I want here in the PRC

I've been reading about the modifications and am most definitely interested.

I live in Guifeng Garden in the mountain pass between Xinhui & Jiangmen just East of Guifeng Mountain. GPS coordinates 22°33'8.44"N 113° 2'8.65"E.

Hi Bob,

Congratulations about your new purchase.
    I am going to Kaiping Dec. 7-8 to get my XTR250 licensed. I am not sure if it is anywhere near you, but if you would like to meet up and talk JH600, we can try to reach each other. I won't have internet access where I am on the road. I have left you my China phone no. in your PM box.

5. #115 Re: JH600 impression 
    Quote Originally Posted by davidqc View Post
    A most fascinating thread. The JH600 is a stunningly interesting machine. I like the Austrian link with the engine design and Bosch elecs and fuel injection. Mr Franki is obviously a very handy guy to know!

For those, like me, new to this thread who have an interest in techno matters, there is some quite extensive pictorial info on Jialing's web site (click here) termed an "eyes feast". Couldn't have put it better myself.
    JH600 is the first mass produced 600cc class bike from China and I am happy it has received much interests in this thread.

6. #116 Re: JH600 impression 
    Quote Originally Posted by Franki View Post
    JH600 is the first mass produced 600cc class bike from China and I am happy it has received much interests in this thread.
    I first came across this classy machine in a post by the good 'frochetto' a few months ago in another forum. It stirred a lot of interest there. It more than deserves the attention it has received. MMmmm...if I had BMW shares I'd sell and buy Jialing. The so called 'quality' bike manufacturers need to be worried, and if they are not they should be!
    Last edited by davidqc; 12-06-2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: spelling
    '09 Huoniao (Firebird) HN125-8 motorcycle [eBay bike-in-a-box]
    Aprilia SR50 LC Racing scoot

7. #117 Re: JH600 impression 
    Hi Bob,

Congratulations about your new purchase.
    I am going to Kaiping Dec. 7-8 to get my XTR250 licensed. I am not sure if it is anywhere near you, but if you would like to meet up and talk JH600, we can try to reach each other. I won't have internet access where I am on the road. I have left you my China phone no. in your PM box.
    Sent my mobile to your private mailbox. I'll call you this PM. The JH600 ordered is black & hope to receive lter this month.
    Every Day .... An Adventure
    Every Meal ... A Feast
    Every Pay .... A Fortune

Ride: Triumph Bonneville 865

8. #118 Re: JH600 impression 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Hey, Franki, thanks for sharing your rich experience with the JH600 over the past couple of years. I'm based in Shanghai and I'm excited about this bike as an alternative to imports for long trips into rural China. I gather from your comments that they are just now building up their dealer and support network inside China, so I'd like to know whether they've yet got any dealer footprint in Shanghai. Or do I need to deal directly with the factory?

I'm in California at the moment, racking up a lot of miles on a Kawasaki KLR650, which has plenty of similarities to the JH600. I'd like to contact Jialing before I return to Shanghai after the Spring Festival. Can you suggest who would be best to approach at the factory, or in Shanghai? Mandarin is fine.

I'm also very curious about OEM and aftermarket parts for the JH600. A bike like the KLR650 that has been around for 20 years with few changes is extremely well supported in much of the world, and you can always find original, OEM and aftermarket parts, both new and used, almost anywhere. I'm guessing this is far from true for the JH600, and China is just cutting its teeth with recreational motorcycling, so what do you do for parts and modifications? Are you forced to always fab these yourself, as you did with your nice green faring? Or are suppliers starting to spring up?

Any good Chinese-language forums springing up?

I look forward to meeting up with you somewhere in China some day, and riding together.

best regards,
    Jeff

9. #119 Re: JH600 impression 
    Hi euphonius,

I don't think you're going to find many aftermarket options for any of the Chinese motorcycles currently available. The factories can barely manage parts documentation, and none of the models sold here have enough volume to get the attention of accessory suppliers. Franki has a lot of inside support at the factory level, his engineering experience and patience help in getting the manufactures motivated to make stuff. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of time and effort to figure these things out, and most people just don't have the energy. But... if you like to tinker and are willing to put the time in, a good welder and CNC shop will be able to help.

I think http://www.motof.net/ is one of the bigger Chinese forums, but Franki might know a few more.
    Be interesting to see how you and Bob S do with the Jialing
    Cheers!
    ChinaV

10. #120 Re: JH600 impression 
    Hi Jeff,

I have replied to your e-mail. I am helping a few JH600 owners to modify their bikes for long distance touring and a bit more fun to ride around. I have managed to get an exhaust muffler and a rear shock manufacturer to tune their product to be suitable for JH600. There are many other modifications that can be done to JH600 just as I have informed Bob earlier and I would be happy to tell you also. Go read the e-mail I have sent.

Good luck with your purchase,

Franki

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast