Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Franki View Post
    I can't compare it with XR600 as it is an world class... I think it has a heat treatment problem.
    All those problems sound relatively minor except for the weight shaving part. That said, it seems like they've come a long way over the past couple years.

What do you think are the chances of the JH600 platform hitting the shores of foreign countries?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    All those problems sound relatively minor except for the weight shaving part. That said, it seems like they've come a long way over the past couple years.

What do you think are the chances of the JH600 platform hitting the shores of foreign countries?

CC

JH600 is not a bad product but I don't think they know how to market it outside of China. Jialing is getting it homologated for Europe and US market but I feared that without a good importer, it will not be successful in developed countries.

F

JH600 is not a bad product but I don't think they know how to market it outside of China. Jialing is getting it homologated for Europe and US market but I feared that without a good importer, it will not be successful in developed countries.

F
    I know a few people in the US, mostly bike dealers a couple of them maybe interested in being a distributor ............the big questions any dealers or distributor would ask are what do Jailing want to accomplish, what is their time frame and how will they support the effort.
    They can't just expect to sell bikes to all anyone that shows up looking to buy a containers worth, like the 125cc market........the most important issue will be warranty and parts support and protecting the market from gray imports.

They could also sell the sidecar version............pretty good stable market there and not much competition..........but it's got to be able to cruise at freeway speeds.

Here's how Honda did it in 1959.

It could still work if they wanted it badly enough.

CC

It seems most Chinese factories have this problem. Some can make a decent product, but they all seem to have their heads up there asses when it comes to marketing their product. They don't seem to understand that someone isn't going to come knock on their door and drop a pot of gold in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick in PRC. View Post
    I know a few people in the US, mostly bike dealers a couple of them maybe interested in being a distributor ............the big questions any dealers or distributor would ask are what do Jailing want to accomplish, what is their time frame and how will they support the effort.
    They can't just expect to sell bikes to all anyone that shows up looking to buy a containers worth, like the 125cc market........the most important issue will be warranty and parts support and protecting the market from gray imports.

They could also sell the sidecar version............pretty good stable market there and not much competition..........but it's got to be able to cruise at freeway speeds.
    I think the change has begun in Jialing. They want to shake off their farmer's bike builder image. Easier said than done, it is a state run company and old habbits die hard.:angry:

Quote Originally Posted by Supersignet View Post
    It seems most Chinese factories have this problem. Some can make a decent product, but they all seem to have their heads up there asses when it comes to marketing their product. They don't seem to understand that someone isn't going to come knock on their door and drop a pot of gold in front of them.
    China started off in the wrong foot. Investors, not bike lovers started to make bikes due to the hugh demand suddenly appeared in the early 90's. How many Chinese bike maker management ride bikes or love bikes? Very few, if none. Look at HD, BMW, KTM and Ducati......:thumbup: Unlike the Japanese, Chinese makers have short business sight, these Chinese traders wanna make a quick buck before the government policy change on them (already happening). It takes a while for them to realise quality and service are the main ingredients in sustaining the business.

Light at the end of the tunnel - Jialing's deputy general manager now rides a JH600. I don't know about the other makers as Jialing is my first Chinese bike.:laugh:

That was very well put Franki. Although Chinese companies will face some similar challenges as Japanese companies did, Chinese manufacturers will have their own unique set of difficulties to face and, hopefully, overcome.

CC

Hi Franki and CC

I had some time on my hands yesterday and thought I would head down to the Jialing area of Chongqing, Shapingba, and find a dealership that I understood I could visit. Mmmmm.... What a morning! I don't know if I found the Jialing factory although there seemed to be a factory there, all the street lamp posts had Jialing signs and there was even a Jialing Hotel across the road from the 'factory'. There was even a long curved display window along one side of a traffic circle with bikes in the window. Some Jialing and one Honda. But could I find the dealership? Nada, nunka, nuthing!!! The circle had 3 roads leading into it, after asking around I was told to go down each of the roads to find the 'dealership'! I asked 3 youngsters about the dealership, showed them my note, and they all similtaneously pointed in 3 different directions, straight out of the movies. Thinking about it now it really was funny.

I have now been given the number of the Deputy GM of their export division and invited to come for a test ride. I can't wait to try out the JH600,:drool: I just wonder if I'll ever find them.:laugh: I know what it feels like to see a mirage now.
    Chongqing
    '12 Lifan 250 P
    e-biker 48/64/72v
    '77 CB 750 F1
    '75 XL 250

Chinggis, that's great! When do you think you'll go? We'd love to hear your impressions and experiences on the JH600. Their factory compound is a big place! You'll think you're going into a university campus or something.

Keep us posted. Take lot's of pics!

CC

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast