Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I've still got to phone her to set up a day but I will take the camera along and give some impressions of the feel and ride.

Franki I was very interested to read that there are two versions, a European version and an Asian version. I have short legs so I may find the Asian version more comfortable. I hope they have an example of both when I go for the test ride.
    Chongqing
    '12 Lifan 250 P
    e-biker 48/64/72v
    '77 CB 750 F1
    '75 XL 250

Quote Originally Posted by Chinggis101 View Post
    Hi Franki and CC

I had some time on my hands yesterday and thought I would head down to the Jialing area of Chongqing, Shapingba, and find a dealership that I understood I could visit. Mmmmm.... What a morning! I don't know if I found the Jialing factory although there seemed to be a factory there, all the street lamp posts had Jialing signs and there was even a Jialing Hotel across the road from the 'factory'. There was even a long curved display window along one side of a traffic circle with bikes in the window. Some Jialing and one Honda. But could I find the dealership? Nada, nunka, nuthing!!! The circle had 3 roads leading into it, after asking around I was told to go down each of the roads to find the 'dealership'! I asked 3 youngsters about the dealership, showed them my note, and they all similtaneously pointed in 3 different directions, straight out of the movies. Thinking about it now it really was funny.

I have now been given the number of the Deputy GM of their export division and invited to come for a test ride. I can't wait to try out the JH600,:drool: I just wonder if I'll ever find them.:laugh: I know what it feels like to see a mirage now.

Hi Chinggis,

The JH600 is separate from other products of Jialing. It has its own sales team and technician for service. The office and showroom is located very near the entrance of the road going into the factory compound. They work 5 days week. So if you go there on weekends, you won't find anyone entertaining you. Did you speak with Mr. Wu? If you have spoken to him, you will be in good hands. Enjoy your test ride and looking forward to your comments and photos. They do have both versions available for test ride. European version is more suitable for riders of 1.78m tall.:biggrin:

Franki

Yes, I did go down on Saturday morning and yes there was nobody there. Although there was a security guard at the gate of the factory, if it was the Jialing factory, there didn't seem to be any other activitiy. There were a lot of bikes parked in a parking lot next to the gate, but I think they were probably workers' bikes. I never spoke to anyone before going, I was trying to find the dealership :biggrin: that I couldn't find.:biggrin:

I haven't spoken to Mr. Wu but I have been given a name by two different people. One of the names is for a woman, unfortunately I've left the information at school so I can't tell you who she is. I'll post tomorrow. If I don't have any success I'll definitely get back to you. I appreciate all the help you've offered so far. I'm finding my way at the moment and trying to do it the way I would if I was back home, I guess that's what happens when you're new in a country.

On the technical side, I was trying to compare the power output of the JH600 with a Honda XL650 but the Honda website I've looked at will only give me a compression ratio. You don't happen to know the compression ration of the JH600 do you?

I found the Honda UK site which shows the following specs for the FMX650:
    Max. Power Output 37 bhp at 5,750 rpm
    Max. Torque 52.3 Nm at 4,500 rpm

As this is a bigger bike than the JH600 the specs compare favourably, especially the torque. The Honda is about £4000 which is about double the Jialing. The JH sounds like a great deal to me!
    Chongqing
    '12 Lifan 250 P
    e-biker 48/64/72v
    '77 CB 750 F1
    '75 XL 250

Quote Originally Posted by Chinggis101 View Post
    Franki

Yes, I did go down on Saturday morning and yes there was nobody there. Although there was a security guard at the gate of the factory, if it was the Jialing factory, there didn't seem to be any other activitiy. There were a lot of bikes parked in a parking lot next to the gate, but I think they were probably workers' bikes. I never spoke to anyone before going, I was trying to find the dealership :biggrin: that I couldn't find.:biggrin:

I haven't spoken to Mr. Wu but I have been given a name by two different people. One of the names is for a woman, unfortunately I've left the information at school so I can't tell you who she is. I'll post tomorrow. If I don't have any success I'll definitely get back to you. I appreciate all the help you've offered so far. I'm finding my way at the moment and trying to do it the way I would if I was back home, I guess that's what happens when you're new in a country.

On the technical side, I was trying to compare the power output of the JH600 with a Honda XL650 but the Honda website I've looked at will only give me a compression ratio. You don't happen to know the compression ration of the JH600 do you?

I found the Honda UK site which shows the following specs for the FMX650:
    Max. Power Output 37 bhp at 5,750 rpm
    Max. Torque 52.3 Nm at 4,500 rpm

As this is a bigger bike than the JH600 the specs compare favourably, especially the torque. The Honda is about £4000 which is about double the Jialing. The JH sounds like a great deal to me!
    If you speak good Manderin, I can give you the contact who will directly involved in sales of JH600. He speaks no English.

I think JH600 compression ratio is 9:1

Chinggis,

Maybe you can call your contact and ask if someone can meet you at their main gate at a specified time.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Frankie,

After 2000km, I find my JH600 a pretty decent bike.
    Apart from minor issues like: a perfectible gear box and louzy catalitic exhaust, the overall making is alright.

The main problem is the lack of power, (180 Kg for 40 something hp...)
    => Cow style acceleration -of course better than my CJ 750- but less than my old 250 XR SM and miles aways from from my 450 Husky!..

According to the guy I talked to at JH factory, an electronic power limitation device keeps the power down.

Do you have any clues on how to get rid of it?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Zetazeroalpha.

Hi Zeta,

The JH600 is a very new product. Even Jialing is still trying to figure it out. I would not recommend trying to fiddle with the power plant at this stage. Having said that, there are a few thing you can do to the bike to make it go faster or perform better.

1. Change the spark plug to Denso IU24. The original plug cost only RMB5.:thumbdown:
    2. Throw away the muffler and put on and aftermarket slip on. You may save up to 10kgs there and it sure sounds much better.:thumbup:
    3. Cut out the paper air filter core and replace it with a Daytona oil soak foam air filter (a bit of DIY there).
    4. Slap on a pair of Excel alloy spoke wheels and change the tyres to Karoo T.
    5. Replace the brake pads to better quality aftermarket ones.:wink:

Let me know how it goes:biggrin:

Have fun,

Franki

I would like to see someone who really knows how to tune and test engines get a JH600 and go nuts customizing it just to see what it's capable of producing.

It looks like a solid engine...wonder if it could take some boost.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Hey, I like the looks of the BMW style lighting.

I'd love to put that on my Lifan ;)
    Owned:1983 Kawasaki KZ750 , 1984 Yamaha XS650 Heritage Special, 1983 Honda Silverwing GL650 Interstate, 1981 Kawasaki KZ440 LTD, 1982 Honda Silverwing GL500
    Own:1978 Honda CB550K, 2007 Lifan GY-5 200

Quote Originally Posted by Kawazacky View Post
    Hey, I like the looks of the BMW style lighting.

I'd love to put that on my Lifan ;)

Are you referring to the photos I post of a R12GS lookalike?:laugh:
    It was custom made by my friend.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast