Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinggis101 View Post
    Franki

Yes, I did go down on Saturday morning and yes there was nobody there. Although there was a security guard at the gate of the factory, if it was the Jialing factory, there didn't seem to be any other activitiy. There were a lot of bikes parked in a parking lot next to the gate, but I think they were probably workers' bikes. I never spoke to anyone before going, I was trying to find the dealership :biggrin: that I couldn't find.:biggrin:

I haven't spoken to Mr. Wu but I have been given a name by two different people. One of the names is for a woman, unfortunately I've left the information at school so I can't tell you who she is. I'll post tomorrow. If I don't have any success I'll definitely get back to you. I appreciate all the help you've offered so far. I'm finding my way at the moment and trying to do it the way I would if I was back home, I guess that's what happens when you're new in a country.

On the technical side, I was trying to compare the power output of the JH600 with a Honda XL650 but the Honda website I've looked at will only give me a compression ratio. You don't happen to know the compression ration of the JH600 do you?

I found the Honda UK site which shows the following specs for the FMX650:
    Max. Power Output 37 bhp at 5,750 rpm
    Max. Torque 52.3 Nm at 4,500 rpm

As this is a bigger bike than the JH600 the specs compare favourably, especially the torque. The Honda is about £4000 which is about double the Jialing. The JH sounds like a great deal to me!
    When are you going for a test ride? I have already told Jialing that a Lao Wai will come to check out both versions. Mr. Li is expecting you.:thumbup:

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Franki,

Thanks for your answer, I had already done -1) -2) and -3)(With a ducati airbox).
    I'll be in HKG this week to try and buy other things. Can you advise where I can find good part...?
    Talked again to the Jialing guy who said ignitition/injection program hads to be tuned up, but didn't gave details... I keep pressuring him and will keep you posted.

Thanks again,

Zetazeroalpha.

Hi Franki

I wanted to thank you for mentioning that there is an Asian and a European version. :thumbup:

The big day is Friday. A colleague from work spoke to a Mr. Zhou, and they've offered to bring a bike to school so that I can test ride it there. He's bringing the Asian version because his feet don't touch the ground on the European version.:biggrin:

I can't wait

And yes, CC, I'll be taking a photo or two. I just have to figure out how to up load them. I tried that once but nothing happened. Must be age or something.
    Chongqing
    '12 Lifan 250 P
    e-biker 48/64/72v
    '77 CB 750 F1
    '75 XL 250

Sounds like a score!

Let me know if you have any problems uploading pics.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zetazeroalpha View Post
    Hi Franki,

Thanks for your answer, I had already done -1) -2) and -3)(With a ducati airbox).
    I'll be in HKG this week to try and buy other things. Can you advise where I can find good part...?
    Talked again to the Jialing guy who said ignitition/injection program hads to be tuned up, but didn't gave details... I keep pressuring him and will keep you posted.

Thanks again,

Zetazeroalpha.
    Yes, I can give you some advise on where to get parts in HK as I am in the parts/accessories business. Call me 23386337 when you are in town.

Bosch produce the ECU and only they can change the program. It is very easy for the owner, just change the ECU and it takes less than 5 minutes to do it. Just return the old ECU back to Jialing via courier (freight collect). I am already on the 3rd generation ECU and soon there should be the 4th generation change over. Each time they make the engine run smoother or easier to start.:biggrin:

Hi Franki

I wanted to thank you for mentioning that there is an Asian and a European version. :thumbup:

The big day is Friday. A colleague from work spoke to a Mr. Zhou, and they've offered to bring a bike to school so that I can test ride it there. He's bringing the Asian version because his feet don't touch the ground on the European version.:biggrin:

I can't wait

And yes, CC, I'll be taking a photo or two. I just have to figure out how to up load them. I tried that once but nothing happened. Must be age or something.
    Mr. Zhou is the JH600 technician/mechanic. He is a good guy. Ask him lots of questions and he will give you direct answers. No sales pitch. Get your camera ready and rake lots of pic. I wanna see them. Also say hello to Mr. Zhou for me. I am known to them as Mr. Yang, not Franki

Thanks again Franki!

I'll mention Mr. Yang as well. Am I allowed to ask him if its possible to get a green Dakar version like yours, or is that a state secret?

Seriously, I'm not clear about the Dakar version. Is the European version called the Dakar version (which you have) or did you get a special edition of the European version. I would have to say that your bike actually looks like a military version.:blink:
    Chongqing
    '12 Lifan 250 P
    e-biker 48/64/72v
    '77 CB 750 F1
    '75 XL 250

Thanks again Franki!

I'll mention Mr. Yang as well. Am I allowed to ask him if its possible to get a green Dakar version like yours, or is that a state secret?

Seriously, I'm not clear about the Dakar version. Is the European version called the Dakar version (which you have) or did you get a special edition of the European version. I would have to say that your bike actually looks like a military version.:blink:
    There is no Dakar version. The European version is taller and the headlight is slightly different (only one low beam). Price is RMB1000 more. No you won't get the green colour unless you buy a JH600B sidecar. There is no secret. Its not what you know, its who you know in China:whistling:

Franki, you are Da Man
    OK, now that the little question of the 'Dakar version' is cleared up I would say your statement of "its not what you know but who you know" is one of those things Carl's 'ancients' would have told me. Are you a 'wise old man'?
    Chongqing
    '12 Lifan 250 P
    e-biker 48/64/72v
    '77 CB 750 F1
    '75 XL 250

I am not sure if I am an 'wise old man', I just celebrate my 25th birthday every year:whistling:

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast