Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    I have been hanging around in Chengu for a year now, but was so depressed about bike options, street legals only small ones... until I saw this JH600.

Franki, does the lishilin speak english?

CC I will go have a check on that shop area soon, last spring when visited they had only small bikes there.

Quote Originally Posted by MaRX8nka View Post
    I have been hanging around in Chengu for a year now, but was so depressed about bike options, street legals only small ones... until I saw this JH600.

CC I will go have a check on that shop area soon, last spring when visited they had only small bikes there.

Carl,

As I said, it is only a factory direct sales. You can pay to the dealer and they send the money for you and set up your bike for you when it is delivered. There is no stock kept by the dealer or even the factory. Lead time is usually 30 days but sometimes faster. Jialing just appointed 13 service stations for JH600 last month. There is no official announcement yet. I am not sure Chengdu has one. There is only one JH600 sold there.

Marx,
    He doesn't speak English. That is why I didn't give you his phone no. Send him a message and he will have an English speaking person to call you. You will not regret riding a JH600 as it will give you lots of freedom just like me. I am sending Li an e-mail. I will tell him to expect your message.

Franki

Hi Franki thanks - I appreciate that. I sent already 2 days ago an email but no reply yet. I can try send again if no reply soon.

Btw I have a friend here also extremely eager to buy a bike soon, but he is a bit short and worries about the handling of tall bikes, hence looking for a 2nd hand Virago or similar low-rider.

Lifan makes a decent 250V-Twin cruise which is virtually identical to the Yamaha Virago. Some Virago 750's can also be found quite readily after a bit of snooping.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Go to the bike accessories market in North West Chengdu, You'll find a shop selling Galaxy and Shineray dirt bikes.

I was there few days ago and I tried the new Shineray 250 X1. It is a MX bike but an enduro version (street legal) will be out shortly. The X1 is sized for western bodies (tall) and the Galaxy FTR will fit better smaller people.

Check this thread to see some pics. http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=24

that looks nice bike! I had KTM 250cc enduro at home, it was really fun on dirt but painful on the paved roads. I am looking for more like a all-road liek JH600, most of the time I will ride on quite good roads.

Nope the JinHua bikeshop dont have JH600s - did not ask anyone but walked throuhg the JiangLi shop and the area.

Franki, is the one sold to Chendu a member of this forum ?
    Last edited by MaRX8nka; 12-08-2008 at 03:20 PM.

that looks nice bike! I had KTM 250cc enduro at home, it was really fun on dirt but painful on the paved roads. I am looking for more like a all-road liek JH600, most of the time I will ride on quite good roads.

Nope the JinHua bikeshop dont have JH600s - did not ask anyone but walked throuhg the JiangLi shop and the area.

Franki, is the one sold to Chendu a member of this forum ?
    No, He no speak English lah
    I have already told Li that you will be contacting him via e-mail in English.

Thanks Franki!

You mentioned earlier that there is 1 JH600 sold to Chengdu, is that bike registered normally/street-legally, is the owner member of this forum ?

have sent email from both Yahoo mail and from my company email - no-one replied so far

I went to have a look again in JinMo center, the JiaLing dealer there had a nice poster about the JH600 and when I was asking about it he told me that for 20kRMB I can make "booking" and to see it withing 15days - if not satisfied and not buying then what would happen to that booking fee ...

Went also to the other marketplace beside south/west 3rd ring road and tried a 200cc Galaxy there, quite nice overall feeling but felt a bit powerless tough.

One thing that was really confusing was e.g in Regal shop when asking about the 250cc bikes and licensing&driving in Chengdu, there were some 250-B9 models that the seller told no way can drive inside city, and other models like 250-E9 that would be ok to ride in town also. Other shops told that over 150cc cannot ride inside 3rd ring road, Galaxy 200cc for example told no problem - me

NO bikes are allowed inside 2nd ring road in Chengdu. Black plates help but they aren't available any more. At night you can ride inside but stay away from the extremely busy centers like ChuanXi Lu.

These guys will tell you many many things. At the end of the day, don't ride where they won't let you but there's only one way to find that out. Be sure to have the proper paper-work!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast