Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi all. I just purchased a new 2008 xp 200 and i want to get a little more top end out of it. Does anyone know if it will take a 16 tooth front sprocket? Also, according to the manual, the rear sprocket is already a 36 tooth, possibly to compensate for the 18" rear wheel. I am on the road right now and won't be able to check that for a couple days. Any input will be appreciated. Anyone else own an xp??

2. #2 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    Spaz,

Lots of info on your bike here. Search for QingQi (the original manufacturer) and you'll find plenty. In Canada it's known as "Konker" and you'll find some threads on that as well. The same model is sold in Latin america, South America, South Africa and various parts of Eastern and Western Europe under different names, but the best name to check on MCM is "QingQi" pronounced "ching chee".

This is a good place to start!

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...tive-sprockets

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    Spaz, like Carl stated, you have come to the right place, and the thread he linked to you is like the holy grail of this Qingqi. Keep in mind, if I am not mistaken, that the wheels are also the same wheels as the Suzuki DR200 as far as rear sprockets go, and the engine, I am sure is not so "secret" anymore, is almost an exact clone of the Suzuki DR200 mill as well. There are subtle differences in the engine, but front sprockets that fit the DR should also be identical for your Qlink. Check with a Suzuki dealer on that--not that they would know or admit to the similarities, but if you were to take your bike to a dealer, or at least the front sprocket. In fact, check with JP Motorsports out of San Diego, as they are a Qlink dealer and have, or used to have, a few custom performance upgrades for the XP/XF's like exhaust, and might be able to get you a sprocket. The head sales guy 'Smitty' commutes on an XF to and from the dealership, and would probably have the lowdown as to what he did to his as far as gearing is concerned.

4. #4 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    Here is another thread from here: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...3415#post13415

5. #5 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    C-Moto Noob
    Just ordered the 42 tooth rear sprocket. $33. It won't be in for a week. I'll let you all know how it works. Love the bike! It's a little light and under powered on the road, and a little heavy on the trails, but overall a great compromise!! Reminds me of my old Honda XL-175. :)

6. #6 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    C-Moto Noob
    Well, the 42 tooth sprocket didn't fit so I had to send it back. I ordered (only size they had) a 44 tooth from JP Motorsports ($51) and that should be here next week. On the good news front, I"m averageing 88mpg on my first three tanks!! And yes I'm doing the math right. Last tank was 197K and it took 1.3 US gallons to fill the tank. Going on a long ride today to see what it will really do.

Incase anyone checked the above math, i know that was 94mpg. I've recorded 88/82/and 94mpg. Average 88 :)

7. #7 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    C-Moto Noob
    SNC00035..jpgOld school mirror mod. Anyone ever try this? They are really out of the way for trail riding! The gauge in the middle is a GPS.

8. #8 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    C-Moto Noob
    Got the new sprocket yesterday. Almost screwed up when I put it on. Had to take some links out of the chain to make it fit and took out 4 cause 2 looked like it wasn't going to be enough. WRONG! I was barely able to get the chain back on. After driving about 25 miles the chain is still as tight as a piano wire. Ouch! Anyway, the bike cruises much better now at highway speeds. It turns about 800 rpms less in top gear. Gonna take it out for a trail ride shortly. I think 1st gear is still low enough for low speed trail situations but will find out soon.

9. #9 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    Quote Originally Posted by spaz View Post
    SNC00035..jpgOld school mirror mod. Anyone ever try this? They are really out of the way for trail riding! The gauge in the middle is a GPS.
    Lol haven't ever seen that but it is interesting. I am not disturbed of the mirrors in my bike and I prefer to keep both of them for street use. Actually the mirrors I have are the best mirrors I have used in a bike.

EDIT: If a mirror was good in this it is good in my bike too ;)

10. #10 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    Quote Originally Posted by spaz View Post
    Got the new sprocket yesterday. Almost screwed up when I put it on. Had to take some links out of the chain to make it fit and took out 4 cause 2 looked like it wasn't going to be enough. WRONG! I was barely able to get the chain back on. After driving about 25 miles the chain is still as tight as a piano wire. Ouch! Anyway, the bike cruises much better now at highway speeds. It turns about 800 rpms less in top gear. Gonna take it out for a trail ride shortly. I think 1st gear is still low enough for low speed trail situations but will find out soon.
    Spaz, Please do not ride your bike like that, you are going to cause major damage to the bearings that the countershaft rides in. The worst thing you can do when it comes to chain and sprockets is run too tight. Sorry to say that you need to replace the chain with the correct amount of links.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast