Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 

2. #32 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    C-Moto Senior
    FIANLLY got my 16t Front sprocket swapped out today - Here's the deal, Kinda funny actually. I knew I did NOT have a 24mm Socket, so I went to buy one. (Simply becuase someone posted this was the size) Well after a few trips back and forth to Tracktor supply and Autozone, I got the right size. GUYS - The correct size at least for my 2009 qLINK xf200 is a 28mm NOT 24 as mentioned somewhere in the forums! Hahahahaha anyways got the right size socket, and let me tell you. Unless you have a air compressor and an IMPACT Gun - It wasn't coming loose. Thank godness my step son had brought down his compressor and gun, and BAM we zipped her right off. Put the NEW 16T Sprocket on that I purchased from http://www.jetsrus.com and it all went back togather like a champ. Hopefully SATURDAY I will be installing the NEW 125 Main Jet in the carb. After that I got one last thing to do to my headlight, and I'm going riding!!!!! Todays high wa 60 degrees and almost all the snow is gone. It is so about time. Can't wait to start breaking her in......

Andrew :)

3. #33 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by spaz View Post
    Attachment 1701Old school mirror mod. Anyone ever try this? They are really out of the way for trail riding! The gauge in the middle is a GPS.
    Can you actually see with the mirrors that way? It Looks kinda Funny. What did you do - Just spin them around or something?

4. #34 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey any of you guys ever ridden the Dr200 and the XP back to back? Id love to see exactly how similar they are. Im wondering if that 2mm difference in carb size makes any difference in power. Im surprised none of the mags have done a head to head comparo yet.

5. #35 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Back to the sprockets, I just installed a 44tooth rear on the xp200 along with the 16tooth i had already put on up front its a whole different bike. Top gear is so relaxed now and doesn't show any signs of being to tall for the little engine to pull. I weigh around 210 and it pulled me up a decent incline in 5th. With the front up one and the rear down four its like its got a 6th gear that it desperately needed. 1st gear is still low enough that you dont have to slip the clutch too much. Its still lower than my stock DR650. I cant wait to see the gas mileage numbers. I was getting nearly 100mpg before when i was taking it easy so im thinking i could break the triple digits barrier now.

6. #36 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    Quote Originally Posted by big irish View Post
    Back to the sprockets, I just installed a 44tooth rear on the xp200 along with the 16tooth i had already put on up front its a whole different bike. Top gear is so relaxed now and doesn't show any signs of being to tall for the little engine to pull. I weigh around 210 and it pulled me up a decent incline in 5th. With the front up one and the rear down four its like its got a 6th gear that it desperately needed. 1st gear is still low enough that you dont have to slip the clutch too much. Its still lower than my stock DR650. I cant wait to see the gas mileage numbers. I was getting nearly 100mpg before when i was taking it easy so im thinking i could break the triple digits barrier now.
    I just ordered the 44 tooth (JT sprocket number JTR809.44T, $17 from BikeBandit.com) and already have a 16 on the front. I think it is going to work well. By the way, I think your gas mileage calcs might be a bit off? The odometer is in kilometers, not miles... I have the XF, which might be a little different than the XP, but I weigh 135 lbs and see an average of 75 miles per gallon.
    2002 SV650S
    2006 CR250R
    2009 XF200

7. #37 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by dmmcd View Post
    I just ordered the 44 tooth (JT sprocket number JTR809.44T, $17 from BikeBandit.com) and already have a 16 on the front. I think it is going to work well. By the way, I think your gas mileage calcs might be a bit off? The odometer is in kilometers, not miles... I have the XF, which might be a little different than the XP, but I weigh 135 lbs and see an average of 75 miles per gallon.
    I converted the kilometers to miles. X-kilometers times 0.62 equal the miles. Ive done it a couple times that way then used a gps to be sure. She just sips the fuel. If you read some DR200 threads you'll see some people have gotten the same numbers on that as well. Now this was just 45mph cruising no gunning it, just putting along.

8. #38 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    Ahh, I see. I usually cruise between 50 and 60 mph, so it is running like 6k rpm fairly constant, with a lot of stop and go thrown in there. I could see how cruising at 45 mph or less would increase mileage, but seems like a big difference. With the bigger wheels and tires, the XP is probably naturally geared taller than the XF as well.
    2002 SV650S
    2006 CR250R
    2009 XF200

9. #39 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yea you gotta figure if its top speed is roughly 70 and your running 60 then that motor is working pretty hard. Imagine if you ran your SV650 at an average of 120. You'd probably be getting MPG worse than most cars. Next time your just up for a long slow cruise try not to go over 45mph or stop too much and youll be amazed at what you can get out of a gallon. As far as it being geard taller being an XP, it is a little. The 18inch wheel is about a 6% taller gear than if you were running a 17 with the same sprockets, though it is a K270 knobby so its probably not the most efficient on the road. You'll really like that 44tooth i think, it made it a whole new bike, best of luck with it. Cheers.

10. #40 Re: QLink XP 200 Sprocket Change 
    C-Moto Noob
    JTC,
    Did the sprocket from https://www.denniskirk.com/8093416.sku work for you? or did you have to buy a different one? If this is the one I will go ahead and get it. I just bought my 08 200xp yesterday and it is a blast so far. When Changed my rear tube out (flat) i noticed that I need brake pads. Anyone know any info on the pads?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast