Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Pulse Adrenaline 125cc upgrade to 200cc? 
    Hi guys

I want to upgrade/modify my pulse 125cc to a 200c version, like the superbyke RMR200.

Can this be done? If so, can anyone advise on the parts i would need to acheive the task?

I am guessing i would need to replace the following parts

• piston
    • cylinder
    • possibly carb?
    I found a website here in the UK, that supplies parts for these bikes. But, i noticed from browsing the parts that there seems to 2 versions of the cylinders, with and without a emissions valve. Does anyone know about these too?

Mark

2. #2 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125cc upgrade to 200cc? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Mark,
    It is not possible to go down the route you are suggesting as though the engines are similar in look they are not Identical.
    The main pitfall of this idea is the fact that both the bore & stroke are different on the 200, & it is unlikely that the 200 crankshaft will fit in the 125 crankcases, though I may be wrong.
    The best course of action for you would be to find a complete RMR200 or Suzuki DR200 engine & install that, along with an RMR200 carburettor as that would simplify the cables as well.
    If you do go down this route of fitting the Suzuki engine then you would need to fit the generator windings from your current engine as the plugs on the Suzuki one are different.

If you decide to keep your existing engine, then I believe there is a 150cc big bore kit available. You should be able to find the details on this site here: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?1597. However, if you want any more information on the RMR200, then please let me know as I feel more than qualified as an existing RMR200 owner!

With reference to the emissions valve details on the cylinder, it would not matter which one you got as the first thing that is normally done to an RMR200 is junk the emissions valve! All the difference between the 2 cylinders is an additional casting for mounting it on.

Hope that helps......

Tonyp
    Last edited by Tonyp; 05-22-2010 at 02:00 PM.

3. #3 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125cc upgrade to 200cc? 
    Last edited by humanbeing; 04-23-2015 at 11:47 PM.

4. #4 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125cc upgrade to 200cc? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hmmm, not a good engineering solution.........the machined crankshaft will be well out of balance & vibration will be significantly worse that the standard 200!
    Still though, you have to admire the ingenuity of the guy that built it ;o)

5. #5 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125cc upgrade to 200cc? 
    so i am guessing its not just the cylinder and piston that would need changing, but also the crankshaft and possibly the push rod too? So failing that, looks like im looking for a big bore kit or a rmr200 engine. Im not too keen on the idea of sourcing a big bore kit from china though, would rather get one from the UK.

Any ideas?

6. #6 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125cc upgrade to 200cc? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyp View Post
    Still though, you have to admire the ingenuity of the guy that built it ;o)
    That guy is a Pro Suzuki mechanic -- was working in a m/c factory that buys parts (the GS125 type engine: oil-cooled & 6 speed) from Thai Suzuki.

7. #7 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125cc upgrade to 200cc? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi all dose anyone no why after doing a 150 big bore upgrade on my Sinnis Apache 125 it still wont go above 55mph.Iv also renewed,plug,airfilter,coil,brain,diode,exhaust and it still dose same speed!.I havnt changed the carb,and it seems to be back firing wen throttle releast.Bike was dropped ages ago and i was wondering if the pic up coil could be slightly out or am i missing the obvious .Please help as this headache is costing a small fortune lol