Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. #41 Re: Skyteam 250 ST and Moilami 
    xD Can't really compare them, but I agree with you in that any bike beats a nasty woman (maybe).

I by the way like very much of your scooter if that is yours what is in your avatar picture. Even though enduros are great bikes it would be a shame if you would leave your scooter for an enduro. The diversity would get a hit.

2. #42 Re: Skyteam 250 ST and Moilami 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yeah that's my scooter. I just made the saddlebags, they're working great. I can't wait till the end of the month. I want the peace and quiet of a mountain camp. I've got my gear weight down to less that thirty pounds. I've had a lot of camping experience of all kinds and I love it.

3. #43 Re: Skyteam 250 ST and Moilami 
    Ooh, saddlebags, could you please post some pictures You sound like a good woman able to do some camping and not requiring 5 star hotels like Finnish women are novadays being spoiled beyond reason

Next week I might know am I able to go this summer to the mountains too in Norway. Have to say it is hard to try to be calm while waiting for the information, yet I am pretty sure it wont be possible and thus don't maintain high hopes. But if not this year, then maybe next year :)

4. #44 Re: Skyteam 250 ST and Moilami 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    All I need is an air mattress, closed cell foam padding, a blow up toilet, and a dome tent. That to me is spoiled. I don't cook, I eat fresh food, boil h20, tea, coffee, and the occasional rice dish. That's my five star quisine. The quiet feeds me, the sun energizes me, and the freedom exhilirates me. My photo album has pics of the saddlebags. They're not perfect but they are waterproof and removable. I've been shopping around, looking at what is availadle in the Enduro market around here. So far I've found quite a few older Enduros from the 70's and 80's.
    That's all I've got. See ya. Di

5. #45 Re: Skyteam 250 ST and Moilami 
    Very nice, actually you should come with me to see how it is in Norway :) I "knew" it is awesome, everyone "knows" that in Finland. One my friend told me he went about the same route as we were going to go years ago, and he said it is amazing postcard landscape scenary all the time. Little did I knew anyway since it was incredible jaw dropping awesome scenary all the time when you saw it in real. Even the best photos don't do justice for it. Imagine combining mountains with North Atlantic Ocean, imagine seeing mountains around you with most amazing and breath taking valleys and fjords, rivers, forest, lakes, mists, clouds, old huts, curvy roads, random sheeps on the road and waterfalls. It could be a huge sensory overload except it can't because it is such a serene and balanced scenary that instead of blowing your mind it calms you down and makes you feel good. And I did not even tell about cities and villages in Norway, those have a story of their own but I can say they are anything but dull, dirty, and boring places. Cities and villages are embedded into the nature of Norway. So... they are just incredible. And if you begin to look at the details, you see big scrabs in the ocean, crystal clear water, fishes in the rivers, friendly and happy people. All this while breathing very fresh and clean air. Norway just is a must to experience. Actually I should not on the other hand advertise it like this so that the heaven on earth doesn't become ruined by loads of tourists. But I can do it since Norway is beyond words to describe, it is unbeliavable beautiful country. So people don't understand how Norway is and wont go there :)

I can't see by the way your photo album :( I want to see your saddlebags ':)

Good luck in getting an Enduro. I have understood that you have there very interesting second hand markets for bikes, so I wont open the can of worms and begin to say opinions on what to buy. I just wish you good luck in finding a good deal and getting a fine bike you enjoy.

6. #46 Re: Skyteam 250 ST and Moilami 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Whatever happened to Moilami and Orange? I pinged him a PM last week, but no reply.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #47 Re: Skyteam 250 ST and Moilami 
    Yeah, me too a while back. Hope he is OK. I have commented on a blog of his in case he updates and sees it.

8. #48 Re: Skyteam 250 ST and Moilami 
    It appears that he was kidnapped by a bosomy norwegian girl.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

9. #49 Re: Skyteam 250 ST and Moilami 
    Ha ha! Stockholm syndrome made easy!

10. #50 Re: Skyteam 250 ST and Moilami 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Moiliami? Moilami????

If you really ran off with a bosomy Norwegian, please let us know. Or a Swede. Whatever!

Starting to worry about you.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast