Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Galaxy SUV250 thread (was ChinaV's Galaxy250) 
    C-Moto Noob
    ChinaV - In post #52 you talked about your 428 chain conversion & listed a couple of sprocket options. What sprocket combination did you settle on? The 17/48 or the 17/49?

On a side note - It looks like you "converted" ratio is similar to the ratio on Galaxy's SUV 250. Any idea if the SUV is running 520 chain?

2. #2 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    ChinaV - In post #52 you talked about your 428 chain conversion & listed a couple of sprocket options. What sprocket combination did you settle on? The 17/48 or the 17/49?

On a side note - It looks like you "converted" ratio is similar to the ratio on Galaxy's SUV 250. Any idea if the SUV is running 520 chain?

I'm not sure about the drive components on the SUV, I find it hard to believe they got a 17 tooth 520 sprocket onto that output shaft. I changed three XTR's over to 428, two are 17/48 and one is 17/49. I think Galaxy is out of 17/48 sprockets. The difference between the two is hardly noticeable.

I did get a chance to zip around the parking lot at Galaxy on the SUV... nice little bike .

Cheers!
    ChinaV

3. #3 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    I'm not sure about the drive components on the SUV, I find it hard to believe they got a 17 tooth 520 sprocket onto that output shaft. I changed three XTR's over to 428, two are 17/48 and one is 17/49. I think Galaxy is out of 17/48 sprockets. The difference between the two is hardly noticeable.

I did get a chance to zip around the parking lot at Galaxy on the SUV... nice little bike .

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Looks very good, it reminds me of MZ, a light and simple bike, which will take you easily anywhere, just a little bit slowly when compared to modern MX-type bikes.

Wish they would cover the chain in that SUV like they did in MZ.

4. #4 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Galaxy designed this bike with the new Yappies of China (vertically challenged) in mind and also targeting the farmers in Xinjiang and Tibet. That is why the SUV has 3 rear shocks. Yes, 3. Normally it comes with a centered mono rear shock for light duty and better handling. When it comes to farm work that requires to take one heavy load, 2 more rear shocks can be added as an option. What could they think of next?

I think ChinaV test rode the carb version, there is also a EFI version to handle the extreme altitude or E4 homologations.

5. #5 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Franki View Post
    Galaxy designed this bike with the new Yappies of China (vertically challenged) in mind and also targeting the farmers in Xinjiang and Tibet. That is why the SUV has 3 rear shocks. Yes, 3. Normally it comes with a centered mono rear shock for light duty and better handling. When it comes to farm work that requires to take one heavy load, 2 more rear shocks can be added as an option. What could they think of next?

I think ChinaV test rode the carb version, there is also a EFI version to handle the extreme altitude or E4 homologations.
    Haha, vertically challenged sounds like politically correct speech Three rear shocks, huh, but that just tells we don't know anything of the art of loading a motorcycle http://static.guim.co.uk/Guardian/wo...odian-8725.jpg

6. #6 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    There's a thread going on at China Riders about this bike.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...584&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post

Cheers!
    ChinaV

7. #7 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
    There's a thread going on at China Riders about this bike.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...584&highlight=
    Yes, we are quite addicted to it over there.
    I'd love to ask the 'real' China riders more questions about the SUV but don't want to hi-jack ChinaV's XTR thread.
    Any chance a moderator could split the SUV talk off into it's own thread?

8. #8 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Forestville California, Nanning Guangzhou
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    Looks very good, it reminds me of MZ, a light and simple bike, which will take you easily anywhere, just a little bit slowly when compared to modern MX-type bikes.

Wish they would cover the chain in that SUV like they did in MZ.
    Hey that bike looks like a tank !sorry but it looks heavy and too long....I hope it rides nice !?

9. #9 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Quote Originally Posted by VTR1000 View Post
    Hey that bike looks like a tank !sorry but it looks heavy and too long....I hope it rides nice !?
    Hmm, I would say it depends on what you expect, and that picture may give wrong impressions how the bike is in real. I am sure it will not be like a cruiser, it will be more agile I bet. It can feel like it would be ready to take off and go airborne, I imagine, so for sure it is very different than big sturdy street bikes. I am very sure I would like it very very much just because of that "sucky" yet agile feeling in it when you drive it. The "crappiness" contributes something to the feeling, it is like you would be driving a real motorcycle and not some kind of road train. Dunno if I am mad (probably x), but riding "sucky" bikes can be very very enjoyable, and definetly not a bad experience. Some people may disagree, and I think if all you can do while riding that kind of bike is "omg what shitty piece of crap this is", then avoid it like hell.

That bike is "jack of all trades master of none" design. I could call it the ultimate economical general purpose bike. No, it wont get chicks hopping behind you to take a ride, but it will do its job adequately everywhere while being great fun and very easy to drive anywhere, if you can live with the low power, but low power is not an issue because the general design is for low speed driving anywhere. The same can't be said of many other designs. Very big thumbs up for that intelligently designed general purpose bike. Or maybe I am just stupid and nay sayers are wise.

I just seriously hope they would make the MZ style chain guard in it as an option, that is the chain would be completely protected from elements.

10. #10 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Forestville California, Nanning Guangzhou
    I was wondering how much it weighs ? the balance of this bike to my eye does not look right to me that is why I said it "looks like a tank" the front end looks really like duty and for a long frame and very small tank....yes if this bike is not for speed....but I hope it has durability....I hope that the 411 will continue on all the bikes in china...and the prices posted as well to help those who look to buy...ride on !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast