Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Another Newbee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Another Newbee 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi everyone,

My wife and I are retired and never rode a motorized two wheeler until last year when we bought a couple of 150cc scooters to take camping. I do work part time (couple days a week)for the township that we live in maintaining the police, fire and road equipment. I decided I needed to get something a bit more powerful to ride to work. Although it is only a three mile run, 1/2 of it is on a state highway with a speed limit of 60 mph.

We went to see about a 250 scooter and I fell in love with this Lifan LF250. My wife was the one who actually negotiated the deal with them and had them hold it and deliver just before last Christmas. The wife doesn't want to fool around with a clutch and shifting so she is now looking at the Qlink automatic motorcycle.

We really enjoy riding out here in the country where you can ride for 40-50 miles and only see two-three cars. Last October we both got our license and are full fledged, legal riders. Here are a few pics of our toys. I'll send some pics of the countryside when the corn gets a little higher.

bikes 007.jpg

bikes 012.jpg

Country,

Welcome to the wonderful world of motorcycling! You're in a great part of the US for riding and it seems like you have made some very sensible choices on your transportation. It sounds like you have an awesome wife so be sure to give her extra flowers on your next anniversary.

Have you had any problems with your bikes? Would you guys consider long distance riding on your C-Motos??

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Carl,

Yeah she is great. We have been married for 43 years this July. She is a little spoiled already though, She drives a Mercedes AMG hot rod.

We have not had any problems with either of them or the other two 150 scooters we had. One was another Roketa and the other was a JMstar. Just the typical things you get with one of these little buggers.

I did do some modifications on the one she has now though. It would go 55 mph alright but would not hold it going up a long grade, sometimes slowing to as low as 35 mph with the throttle wide open.I replaced the carb, exhaust, air filter, CDI, coil and spark plug. You would not believe the difference. It now can hit 62 and slows to no lower than 55 on any hill. It is a tad noisey but not offensive and most importantly, MAMA's happy.
    I have done nothing to mine yet because I don't think it needs anything. I have had it up to 70 mph already and that is way more than I need or want. I did fabricate a luggage rack for the back and mounted a leather trunk to it so I could carry some lunch and coffee. I love to ride this thing. It takes about five minutes to get to work but for some reason it can take as long as an hour to get home. :thumbup:

As far as long rides go the answer is yes so long as we could hit the back roads (off the expressways).

Sounds like that little Lifan V-twin is a beast. Great to have you on board. Can you post some more pictures of the bike?

5. #5 Here are a few more 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Supersignet,

Here are a couple more. These are not recent though so when the weather clears up a bit, I'll get more with the leather trunk.
    Attached Images

Lookin good :)

CCruiser,

Hey you guys are awesome. Way to not let things slow down. What's the longest trip you've taken so far? You got any pic hanging around of you and your lady by the bikes?

CC

Quote Originally Posted by country cruiser View Post
    ... not offensive and most importantly, MAMA's happy.
    I have done nothing to mine yet because I don't think it needs anything. I have had it up to 70 mph already and that is way more than I need or want. I did fabricate a luggage rack for the back and mounted a leather trunk to it so I could carry some lunch and coffee. I love to ride this thing. It takes about five minutes to get to work but for some reason it can take as long as an hour to get home. :thumbup:

As far as long rides go the answer is yes so long as we could hit the back roads (off the expressways).
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I don't have any pics of us with the bikes but I'll get some soon. I have attached a couple more of mine with the new leather trunk and the digital clock I installed so I don't loose track of time. It's easy to do when you are having fun. :biggrin: The light bar you see is an additional brake light that is actually a very, very bright light from one of our old police cars. The clock is mounted with heavy duty velcro to a bracket I fabricated from some scrap aluminum.

We will usually go 50-75 miles in an afternoon ride just for the fun of it. Not so much this year yet, because the sweety fractured her pelvis and pulled the groin muscles. That is a very slow recovery. Things are going well though so maybe in the fall.
    Attached Images

Good looking pictures, sure a good thing they didn't stick the gold colored forks on that, the forks on it suit the bike :)

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Jim,

Oh my, gold forks?? Nope not for me. I would not have wanted it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast