Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 CFMoto Jetmax 250cc 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    CFMoto are launching the new Jetmax scooter to their range of scooter offerings, and it's available on the mainland through their extensive dealer network end of May 2010. The bike can be viewed on www.cfmoto.com website in either CHS or English. The CHS has more info though compared to the English site. RRP is around rmb17500 excluding licensing and any fees etc. Having owned a export model 2007 CF250 VIP (Honda Helix clone) from new, I was fairly impressed with the scooter and their follow-up/warranty service that I had reason to use 6-7 months after purchase. I'm definitely considering the Jetmax to add to my collection.

Enquiries can also be directed directly to CFMoto either by phone or using an online enquiry form on the CFMoto website.
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc 
    logo-cfmoto2..gif

I've ordered a new Jetmax 250 from CFMoto (Chun Feng Motorcycles) which will arrive in 7-10 days. Currently the only colour available supposedly was silver, but after some haggling I've placed my order for a black one, which is basically the same as the one pictured above except where you see blue in the photo it'll be black. The silver stripe will be there as all of the Jetmax's come with the silver two tone highlight. Will post new pictures of the scoot when it arrives and write a report/review on how I find it. Currently there are none sitting at any dealers, so I've taken what I think is a calculated gamble and ordered sight unseen aside from various pre-release reviews from motorcycle shows and the glossy brochures. Also since CFMoto is one of the better Chinese motorcycle exporters I think it's an acceptable risk.
    I've read a fair few reviews, but most of them are people who have commented on the style, so very subjective. Some luv it, while others hate it. Some commentators have bashed the 2 step seat, and complain about how the pillions seat looks too high. Well after having had a CF250T VIP (Honda Helix) with the same style dual 'king-n-queen' seat, there were no issues. Also there has been a few comments about the rear trunk/boot, and that fitting a top box might make accessing the boot difficult or impractical which again was not an issue for me with the CF250T.

Still I have to say that comparing the MSRP rmb17600 with rmb49000 for a Kymco Xciting 250 here in China made my choice pretty darn easy.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 07-24-2010 at 10:33 PM.

3. #3 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc 

4. #4 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc 
    C-Moto Noob
    Dear bikerdoc,

My name is Eldar. I'm from Russia and I'm going to import this scooter in our country. Because of there is no request about this model, for me is very important your opinion as first user. Could you recommend it as reliable and good assembly scooter?

King Regards, Eldar

5. #5 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc 
    Eldar, if you clicked on the link in the post above/before yours, it is a link to another thread on this forum by bikerdoc where there are (4) four pages of reviews and notes. Good luck.

6. #6 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc 
    C-Moto Noob
    Anybody knows why doesn't work Cfmoto e-mail and nobody answer when I call them (just answermachine)?

7. #7 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Maybe it's Diwali in Zhejiang.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

8. #8 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc 
    Quote Originally Posted by eldarcom View Post
    Dear bikerdoc,

My name is Eldar. I'm from Russia and I'm going to import this scooter in our country. Because of there is no request about this model, for me is very important your opinion as first user. Could you recommend it as reliable and good assembly scooter?

King Regards, Eldar
    Hi Eldar,
    Sorry for my delay in replying as I didn't see you had asked me this question until now. As Euphonius has replied, please read my post on the Jetmax. I will be adding some more to the review as I've done 8000km on the Jetmax already and have found a few things that should prove useful to others. I'd just add that if you are planning to import 1 or 1,000,000 of these scooters, it is better that you make arrangements to visit the manufacturer and their facilities first. It also would be really helpful to have some Mandarin language ability and that you have an indepth knowledge of motorcycles/scooters. That way you know what to look for and the right questions to ask on your visit. Doing business via the internet and phone with Chinese businesses is not a good idea. You are best advised to be here and sort out everything first, challenge any assumptions, expectations and preconceptions, otherwise you are likely to be taken advantage of.

Anyway, go read my CFMoto post here

9. #9 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc 
    Quote Originally Posted by eldarcom View Post
    Anybody knows why doesn't work Cfmoto e-mail and nobody answer when I call them (just answermachine)?
    The email may not be answered promptly or even at all, if it is written in anything other than Simplified Chinese, or if the email is not being directed to the right person. I'd assume you are looking at the possibility of importing CFMoto's products and particularly the Jetmax. If you are looking at importing just one or two, they'd probably be not so interested in such a small order, and therefore, less likely to respond to you. Most Chinese manufacturers are after volume, BIG volume orders not just one or two.
    Here's some public domain info:

Address:
    No.116, Wuzhou Road, Yuhang economical develpment zone, Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province, China Wenzhou Zhejiang 311100 China
    Phone:
    86-571-89265793
    Contact name:

Karic Wang

If you want me to give you a contact that you can try at CFMoto then you can PM me.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 11-12-2010 at 04:58 AM.

10. #10 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc 
    C-Moto Noob
    I'm going to import scooters as business (not personaly for me) - at minimum 40HQ container. I try to write them to address export@cfmoto.com.cn (the mail from Cfmoto website), but my letter forward to me. Also I try to use export@cfmoto.cn - the same result.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast