Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 Engine swap 
    euphonius,
    Thanks for the tip on Google Chrome. I just down loaded and installed it on my EasyPeasy Linux and it work good for the Chinese translation to English..I am trying to get a center stand for my Qlink XF200 from a guy in China.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #22 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 Engine swap 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    You are most welcome. Interestingly, though I've been living here in China for more than 20 years, it was through this little motorbike forum that I learned about Taobaonow --- from superfamous in Portugal! It looks like a brilliant service and it's great to know that someone in our forum but halfway around the world already has used it successfully. Hope you get what you need with little drama/trauma.

Jape: Hope you are taking notes!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #23 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 Engine swap 
    Quote Originally Posted by shuriklv View Post
    nice one fella!
    just give us a shout when you got it up an running because im seriosly considering buying this kit
    Written by 1st batch user of that kit:
    http://motorcycle.sh.cn/viewthread.p...=108220&page=1

4. #24 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 Engine swap 
    C-Moto Regular
    thanks humanbeing
    Later I will have to translate it, because I don't understand chinese.
    But it's interesting too see how is the feedback of this kit.
    cheers

5. #25 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 Engine swap 
    Oh yes, I dived in immediately but couldn't work it out, kept finding the wrong stuff as usual! I use Firefox on Linux wiht google translate of the pages just one click away, and 'taobaofocus' for search help. Will persevere of course, just broke at the moment having purchased a generator/BBQ/silicon folding keyboard for the tablet computer I can't afford yet. And I have to stop buying things if I want to get to China this century.

As a note about this engine work in this thread, you can find the chinese 200cc lifan and loncin engines about on Ebay for about $400. Might be easier to get power that way.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    You are most welcome. Interestingly, though I've been living here in China for more than 20 years, it was through this little motorbike forum that I learned about Taobaonow --- from superfamous in Portugal! It looks like a brilliant service and it's great to know that someone in our forum but halfway around the world already has used it successfully. Hope you get what you need with little drama/trauma.

Jape: Hope you are taking notes!
    cheers
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

6. #26 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 Engine swap 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post

As a note about this engine work in this thread, you can find the chinese 200cc lifan and loncin engines about on Ebay for about $400. Might be easier to get power that way.
    Will the Loncin and Lifan 200cc engines fit straight into the XF125GY-2B? I'm looking on line and it costs more the the cost of the engine to ship it to Ireland. Any suggestions where I can source a 200cc engine?

7. #27 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 Engine swap 
    I'm only going on what I have read about these bikes. Some blokes seem to be able to do anything and if you drill deep into the forums you find stuff. You need Humanbeing or Forchetto to chip in! Maybe try a PM?
    Try http://www.chinesemotorcycledealers.co.uk/ with a phone call. I have seen a couple of places sell the engines in UK, no idea about Ireland but you could probably take one across on the ferry in a car boot or in a big rucksack?
    http://www.china-parts.co.uk/acatalog/New_Engines.html have a couple of the 200cc engines including a balanced shaft version163 FML Engine Ref: EN006001 , pricey though but I don't know how fat your wallet is when it comes to bikes and fun.
    Last edited by jape; 01-16-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: more info
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

8. #28 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 Engine swap 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    I'm only going on what I have read about these bikes. Some blokes seem to be able to do anything and if you drill deep into the forums you find stuff. You need Humanbeing or Forchetto to chip in! Maybe try a PM?
    Try http://www.chinesemotorcycledealers.co.uk/ with a phone call. I have seen a couple of places sell the engines in UK, no idea about Ireland but you could probably take one across on the ferry in a car boot or in a big rucksack?
    http://www.china-parts.co.uk/acatalog/New_Engines.html have a couple of the 200cc engines including a balanced shaft version163 FML Engine Ref: EN006001 , pricey though but I don't know how fat your wallet is when it comes to bikes and fun.
    Thanks Jape, I'd love to get my a 200cc into my current machine - found this website - Looks quite good http://www.chinese-parts-canada.com/big_bore_kits.html They even got turbo kits for the CG engine.

Is there any 250 cc engine that would fit into the 125 frame? It's like a drug when you start.

Would love to put in a 200cc engine - Bore it out and then add the turbi - is there much differ in 163 FML Engine and the 168 FML engine?

9. #29 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 Engine swap 
    Some are push rod, some are OHC (said to be best) and thats all I know, I just picked up on some of this stuff when browsing; as I said, it seems Humanbeing and Forchetto and some of the other lads know a LOT more than I do so but they aren't always around - I don't pretend, I just try and help and when I see something relevant and if I have time I look back through my many pages of bookmarks!

My Kinlon has the balance shaft 200cc Loncin engine and is said to be pretty solid. It is not fast but is smooth, some guys have tweaked it up to as much as 140kph. Mine is a true 100 kph + with sprocket change. Threads on this forum. Don't know if it would last long though and by the time you have spent the money you could maybe get a jap bike! I think you have to be pretty handy and an enthusiast to work them up on the cheap. Move near to a good scrap yard is always an option.

You could follow up this engine and see where it leads:
    http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...=114228#114228

I used to do a lot more of this stuff but in those days I was surrounded by mates that could 'find' a bike, chop it and change it over night and I was just an impressionable youngster that went for the beer and watched in awe. Probably all are care of HM Prisons these days ... I just quietly disappeared to the Land of OZ!
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

10. #30 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 Engine swap 
    The commonest config in China
    Suzuki 125 frame + Big bored GN250 machine
    http://motorcycle.sh.cn/viewthread.p...d=87720&page=1
    http://motorcycle.sh.cn/t_563197_1.htm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast