hi guys,
thanks to your forums help i purchased 6 ybr250ccs for my tours in china / tibet. altough we could not make it on our planned route from chengdu to lhasa (temple of heaven knows why they are not issuing permits for regions wed have to pass on our way...) we started from xining via golmud namtso lake, mt. everest base camp and back via shigatse, gyantse and bayi to lhasa where we arrived yesterday.
after we clocked 4300km on the ybrs we arrived without a single problem on the bikes. (ok, i admit there is oil leaking (from the very beginning) out of a gasked on the clutch case)
road ride is perfect and even the offroad portions from yangbacheng towards shigatse, up to everest base camp and after tsedang where no problem for the more experienced riders. altough i have to admit offroad is definately not their strength as mentioned they where doing fine. thinking of experimenting with a different front wheel/tire here.
riding in the bikes with around 80km/h for the first 1000km and fuel consumtion showed around 2,7l/100km as a tour average.

can only recommend the bikes and i guess i will not purchase the jialing 600cc or any other dual purpose bike for the near future. will go for more ybrs.

heiri

www.asiabiketours.com