Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Kinlon SM200

1. #1 Kinlon SM200 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Guys, As I did not go through with the purchase of the Kinlon SM200 and my Brotherinlaw did I thought I would post vicariously. I spoke to him on the phone this afternoon and he was as happy as a dog with two bones.

He has clocked up 20km's on it even though it is pretty wet in Melbourne today and it is his firstish road riding experience on his first road registered bike!! The first 20k's have not been totally untroubled though. The glass fuse blew so he could not use the electric starter and he is having problems with the lighting and indicators.

He is at my Dad's at the moment going over every thing. They have swapped the fuse holder over to a blade fuse holder (using the same amp fuse) as we have done to all our bikes so we can carry the one style of fuse betwen us. My Dad loves an electrical puzzle so I have no doubt all will be fixed before the weekend is over.

The bike did not come with an owners manual or tool kit so he will be contacting the dealership on monday. I have e-mailed him the owners manual I found on this forum which I think Kingmarty posted, thankyou Kingmarty (if it was not Kingmarty thankyou to the person who posted it).

My brotherinlaw will no doubt be on here in a big way in the next couple of days. I have been telling him what a great forum you have!! Now I can't wait for my first ride on the little beast.

2. #2 Re: Kinlon SM200 
    Hello! And congrats for your brother and hope to see him in this forum. My china bike have 900km now. I haven't needed tighten a single nut or bolt or nothing except adjust the chain and change oils, which any new bike would need. If you don't mind me asking I will ask why you did not buy a china bike?

3. #3 Re: Kinlon SM200 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Moilami, I already have 4 bikes and although I really love the Kinlon it just wasn't for me. I don't want people to think I didn't like the SM200, I was actually super impressed with what I saw in the dealership. I already have a KLX 250 Kwaka that I use for my light trail work and an Enfield 350 to commute on (Check out the pics in my gallery).

Even though I don't need another bike, if I find a Kymco CK125 or the like I will be snapping it up quick smart. China Bikes Rock and I share in all the fun you guys are having.

4. #4 Re: Kinlon SM200 
    hi 65bellett,
    congrats to the brother in law i've had my sm200 since December last year and have had nothing but a wonderful experience with it.
    did all the obvious things first like replace all the bolts with high tensile Allen head bolts and heaps of loctite, and no problems to report at all since doing that
    have been madly doing mods to it since i got it and i like it more and more everyday
    where abouts in Melbourne are you guys?

cheers
    2009 kinlon kbr200sm
    mods so far- custom gear rack, custom exhaust, custom bash plate, led indicators, led tail/stop light, 155main jet and needle set on 4th groove from top, airbox restrictor removed,front fairing shortened 75mm