Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Improving 125GY

1. #1 Improving 125GY 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi!
    I've got Kinroad XT125GY motorcycle and I'm very happy that I have found this forum, looks interesting and friendly.
    I will tell more about the motorcycle and my experience later but now I would like to get some answers to my questions. (It is new with run about 500km.)

1. My motorcycle starting takes very long time. That means 3 to 5 minutes with opened choke. Is it normal? In my opinion it is too long. Do I need any regulation or something else?
    2. It happens very seldom ( one time of 100) but the problem is that I push the clutch completely but I cannot switch to lower gear. Then I release clutch by about 1cm and then I push it again completely and then I can switch lower gear.
    3. When I reach about 110km/h I have 1/4 to 1/8 of accelerator left to give more gas, the sound changes to lower as I give more gas and as it should be , but the rpms and speed is not increasing. Is the problem in CDI? Can I get some 10km/h more with "no rev limit CDI"?

In general the bike is pretty cool. But there are some problems like these mentioned and some others not mentioned. I just want to put in a little job to make it better and enjoy the riding.

2. #2 Re: Improving 125GY 
    If you got the bike from a dealer, then you should take it back to be fixed, you certainly shouldnt be having these problems with a new bike with 550k on the clock.

1. there could be a number of things wrong, are you able to start the bike without the choke? Do you have this problem just when the bike is cold, or does happen all the time even at operating temp?

2. you may need to adjust your clutch cable, try tightening it slightly so that the clutch releases earlier whne you pull the lever

3. I think if you're getting 110 km/h, then you should be pleased. Thats about the most you will probably get out of a 125cc 4 stroke without increasing the capacity
    Sparky
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pulse Adrenaline 125 (XF125GY-2B)

3. #3 Re: Improving 125GY 
    I agree with Sparky, take it back and get the manual too. With my Kinlon 200cc logic says the choke lever should be one way but in fact it is the opposite so are you completely sure what is choke on/off? Try starting with no throttle at all. Then again with the smallest touch. Mine starts no throttle and will not start with anything but minimal throttle but then runs smoothly and takes throttle within a few seconds.

I don't believe you are getting a true 110kph on a 125cc. Borrow a satnav to check. If you are, you should be very pleased and if you really want to go faster than that on the road on such a bike you are mad and probably illegal. If you are racing on track, then get to know the other folk, some of them will have forgotten more than you have learnt yet and will know bike performance inside out. Until you get to the very top of racing then they will help all the way if you listen and aren't a complete pratt. You should get a proper racer too.

Fine, whack up the top speed and with the right gearing you may get a more comfortable cruise on long journeys, I understand that, but be sure the brakes and your handling match up.

4. #4 Re: Improving 125GY 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Ok, I'll speak to dealer.
    The 1st problem is only when bike is cold. I can start engine also without choke, but it dies very fast.
    Only sometimes when I ride some longer or harder distance and stop engine, it does not start on the first kick (electric and kick starter) but I need about 10 to 15 seconds to start the engine. Does it overheat? Anyway I'll report to the dealer about the problems.

If you have any other advice, you're welcome. By example I had to fix some weakly screwed screws. If there is something else I have to do, I would like to find out :)

Oh, It is true 110km/h. I have tested by riding the bike beside a car and that was on straight road without hills or something like that.

5. #5 Re: Improving 125GY 
    Hey Valts

Did you get the problem fixed? What did the dealer say?
    Sparky
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pulse Adrenaline 125 (XF125GY-2B)

6. #6 Re: Improving 125GY 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I have to ride about 200km more until I meet the dealer. I think that will be after one or two weeks.

Yesterday I fixed some little visual defects of the motorcycle and I got and idea. Has anyone tried to put the battery under seat? I don't know how much free space there could be and I'm going to dismount it to know if I can put the battery there. I just don't like the original placement of the battery, it is where the muffler is but the opposit side (left).

7. #7 Re: Improving 125GY 
    C-Moto Regular
    As for the hard starting when cold, check that the choke is closing all the way. Do not operate the choke lever on the handlebar but instead reach in and hold the choke lever on the carb all the way closed while cranking the engine.

Q