Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 The first JH600 in Nanjing? 
    JH600IMG00014-20100&.jpgIMG00013-20100529-1&.jpgIt is official!

I just got the bike delivered and assembled. The only hiccup was trying to get some gas as the state owned stations do not allow you to fill up hand held jerry cans. Problem resolved when I simply towed the bike to a gas station. The bike finish is not bad at all. I got the European version that is about the same seat height as my GSA. So far so good on performance and quality except for the plastic panniers. They look ok but are very flimsy. I figure I will buy a set of Aluminum ones from Franki or AW's supplier in the future. Overall, I am very pleasantly surprised.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by TexasAggie; 05-31-2010 at 05:27 AM.

2. #2 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing? 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    Finally, the bike looks good. You know my favorite color - so I like to see the black frame, swing arm, engine and sump guard, fork boots - interesting. Hope you are having fun. Now it's running in time. Hope to see some more pictures. Wishing you luck.

Ride safe

AW.
    Modifications and talk around the JH600

My New JH600

3. #3 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing? 
    Good one mate! Very pretty, matches the blue loctite you will be using ...? Seriously, I hope you enjoy very much. Does it not have a petrol gauge? My Kinlon doesn't and thus I can only fill up to top before every trip and hope, at least my local servos allow fuel containers.

4. #4 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing? 
    I just returned to the house after 200km on the first ride. I had trouble shifting gears at about 75km. Pulled over and found the clutch cable adjustment had not been locked. Readjusted and everything is good now. I have to say the bike is almost as smooth my Honda 650L back in Texas. It is no comparison to my GSA but hey, apples and oranges..................it is not bad at all.

The bike has a nice gas gauge, but the bike shipped empty and the shop I used to help assemble had none. I know that most shops elsewhere in the world would have had gas but I was glad to find a guy who used the coorect wrenches instead of vise grips. TIC

The only reason I am now home is I am waiting for a colleague to meet and discuss a project we have at work. I really like the bike so far.......a lot!

I really appreciate the information received from AW, Franki, jkp, etc. I do not think I would have taken the plunge if not for the guidance of those that already had. I am a very happy old fat man right now.

DT

5. #5 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing? 
    AW, I like the black frame too. It would look a lot better with your black wheel rims though!

6. #6 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing? 
    Nice congrats for getting the bike. Glad you are happy of it.

How long did you wait for it? And what the bike costs there in dollars or in euro currency?

Now I begin to be a little bit interested of that Jialing. I just don't like very much of the Transalp looks. Anyway that Jialing could be interesting to mod to look more like DR or something similar.

7. #7 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing? 
    Moilami,

This bike is for my time riding in Nanjing. We are 200miles inland from Shanghai. I paid RMB36500 delivered to Nanjing. It took 5 weeks from when they received the order to shipment. It only took 48 hours to get from ChongChing to Nanjing via train and truck.

I will try and get my wife to take some pictures. She is a much better photographer than I am. The bike's design has grown on me. I actually like it a lot now. It is something new and different. Of course I like dual sport bikes. Anyway, I am very happy so far.

DT

8. #8 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing? 
    Ok thanks it is not very cheap china bike then

The design of the bike looks very intelligent, fairings can be nice stuff when travelling long periods in tarmac, I just dislike them because they actually are not needed and they increase fuzz.

And yeah, please do ask your wife to do some photographing, pictures are always appreaciated.

9. #9 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing? 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
    AW, I like the black frame too. It would look a lot better with your black wheel rims though!
    I can get you some - but it takes time and some $$$. Maybe Franki has a cheaper/faster idea. My only option was having them done in Germany since I couldn't find a place for that in China/Hongkong.

Cheers,
    AW.
    Modifications and talk around the JH600

My New JH600

10. #10 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing? 
    Sandblast and powder coat would be best and you might find a local workshop? High temperature black might do it, I shall let you know; having a go myself with different black finishes on frame, trailer and wheels myself as soon as weather gets less damp because I cannot find any truck-bed paint locally. My Kinlon exhaust and some frame bits are getting very rusty, under the verandah with a tarp but still susceptible to damp.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast