Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Kymco scooters available in PRC 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    While I'm fully aware that there are the usual run-of-the-mill small displacement KYMCO scooters et al available within mainland China, I've been quite interested in the bigger range that Kymco manufactures and sells globally. Up until recently I resigned myself to the reality that I wouldn't see any large scooters here in the mainland other than say the CFMoto CF250F/C/VIP etc. Not a bad scoot by any means considering it's a Honda Helix, which was an interesting scoot in its day. I had a CF250F VIP which I bought here in mainland China and rode it for a couple of years. My posts about this scooter can be read elsewhere. Fast forward to today, CFMoto are/have just released a new 250cc scooter called the "Jet Max" which is a nice looking scoot. Its RRP is RMB17800, which is expensive by Chinese standards, but is only a few thousand RMB more than I paid for my CF250 VIP (export model) when I bought it.

It turns out that it is also possible to get the Kycom Xciting 250cc scooter in mainland China too. There is a legal importer based in Changzhou, Jiangsu province who's landing them via the port in Shanghai. The prices are around RMB47800 http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=4528152584 or the importers website http://www.longcmp.com/En_index.asp (Chinese/English)
    There's also a brand new bronze coloured Kymco Xciting 250 for sale at a dealer near the rear of the Hangzhou Motorcycle Markets for RMB49888. I didn't try to haggle, but they did say the price was fixed, and it comes with all legal documents for licensing. I'm trying to find out if either dealer can get a Xciting 500cc with ABS and post the response when I have the answer. The Hangzhou dealer info: Dong Jun Che Hang (Name of dealership), Zhong Xin Mopei Market, 850 Mogan Shan Lu, Building 15 Unit 3-4. Tele: 0571-88174028, 13968059286 (mobile).
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 06-04-2010 at 06:23 AM.

2. #2 Re: Kymco scooters available in PRC 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    After speaking with both Kymco suppliers mentioned in my post above, only the Changzhou, Jiangsu Province dealer is able to supply the Xciting 500cc scooter. However while they can import the scooter they cannot provide the documentation required to allow for legal registration/license plate. I asked if it would be possible for them to supply the Xciting 500cc with doctored documentation such that the documents would effectively pass the Xciting 500cc as a Xciting 250cc since both scooters look identical. Unfortunately the Changzhou dealer didn't seem to interested in assisting in that type of scenario.