Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Stator Coils Specs/Info 
    C-Moto Regular
    My stator has 6 or 8 coils. May I please get some info on the power output? Is there something I can add to boost the power output instead of replacing the stator? Like a transformer? Or does it still overwork the stator? Can I have it rewound with more wire? Bigger wire or more than it has I think gives more output. Anybody know some problems dealing with more power comming from rewinding it. Like the rectifier etc going to need updated? Thanks

2. #2 Re: Stator Coils Specs/Info 
    Is there a reason you want more watts? You can gain more for things you want to run by lowering the requirements for what you already have. By replacing the turn signals and tail and running lights with LEDs you gain more wattage for use for other electrical devices.

3. #3 Re: Stator Coils Specs/Info 
    C-Moto Regular
    I'm wanting to add a performance universal coil that is twice the output for $39.99, and a performance CDI ignition for $59.99, but I don't want to overwork my generator. I read I can rewind it myself for dirt cheap. But a person who done it on a website claims he'll never do it again. But it sounds really easy. Just larger and more wire, it also change it from ac/dc to dc only, I think. Requiring a different reg/rectifier. But have questions about it. One kit they offered was like near 300 watts.

4. #4 Re: Stator Coils Specs/Info 
    C-Moto Regular
    My reasons for wanting to gain all the extra power from the electrical is more powerful ignition parts. Also HID headlight, but I am switching it all to led as the blinker, tail/stop light goes. Changed my speedometer to led orange. All led bulbs are going to be about $40. HID headlight is going to be from the motorcycle salvage yard in the best fit for my m/c. H4 I think is a popular bulb, that will be fun. But I'd like to be able to get near to 100 watts output on my stator if possible.

5. #5 Re: Stator Coils Specs/Info 
    The "direct fit" for 8 coils (88.6mm/ 180W) BUT the cdi need to change to DC one -the 250w "93mm" need change the "mangnet"

universal coil 39.99!!!! WT*? This is ~$4 & had great difference than stock one " +,- priority matters" in this coil, u can compare the difference by urself if messed up.

59.99 for the ignitior ? Invest a computer progrmable one then messing around that thing which = great fun
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=2943232268 That prog can configed in ENG

http://www.sanxin.com.cn/exhibit/exhview.asp?pid=45 15A regulator for $6
    Last edited by humanbeing; 10-30-2010 at 02:21 AM.

6. #6 Re: Stator Coils Specs/Info 
    C-Moto Regular
    Gah, all sounds great what I could understand. The websites were all Chinese language so couldn't understand anything there. My m/c is a Lifan Hi-Bird QH250GY. An enduro type looking m/c. Can you explain 88.6mm on the coils and the part about something 93mm. ChinaPartsCanada.com had several stators some 12 coils. But the measurements all seemed to be different, wouldn't fit they said. Just have a flywheel made? What price does that cost? If I can find it I'd like all of it upgraded, flywheel too.

7. #7 Re: Stator Coils Specs/Info 
    Rough translation via translate.google.com
    88/ 93m is the diameter. ALL sator in the above post don't have ignition winding. DC ignitior is a MUST.
    Most CG /CB electric start models are 8 winding (88mm diameter). IF replaces w/ 93 sator the "flywheelr" also needs replacment
    93mm are common in 3-phase 11 winding (9 charge, 2 ignition)*** http://www.sanxin.com.cn/en/exhibit/exhview.asp?pid=84
    This seems direct fits but the price...
    Last edited by humanbeing; 10-30-2010 at 02:22 AM.