Greetings everyone!

Before now I've had a Superbyke RMR 125 which was unfortunately stolen last September, but have since gone and bought another chinese bike in the last few weeks, a TMEC 125-1. Picked it up for 360 GBP with 700 miles on the clock.

The only modifications i've made so far is replaced the lights with LED equivalents, removed a painful indicator noise that sounds much like a lorry reversing, and before purchase it has had the chain replaced.

So far i've been rather disappointed with it's torque as opposed to my RMR, it seems to fly through the gears, but lacks a lot of top end in comparison.

Firstly I intend to ensure that the exhaust is sealed properly as I have noticed rust where the pipe connects to the can, and it also seems far too loud for a standard can at present, so am hoping fixing the compression with some exhaust putty would help a lot with the top end.

The next job I have planned however is to fit a new air filter and re-jet the carb, i've got a pretty basic understanding of it all after cleaning out the carb when I bought the bike, just to ensure it was all clean as it had been sat in a garage for 6 months. This is the air filter i'm looking at; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Kawasaki...#ht_2675wt_911
and the size of the jet I was thinking, is to go up to 105.

The only problem I have is that the standard box filter seems to have lots of small pipes out of it connecting onto the engine, and I'm just a bit concerned as to what these pipes are for, and would love it if any of you could help me out here?

Many thanks!