Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Scooter Riders Power-Up... 
    It looks like scooters are already starting to make some noise in the US. Some clubs are even organizing politically, the most notable of which is the New York Scooter club with over 1000 members on their forums.

If you're interested, check out their home page at:

http://www.nyscooterclub.com/

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #2 The Mods are back , look out Rockers ! 
    Master of Thump
    Looks like the "Mods" are at an all-time comeback , thats for sure . Watch out Rockers !!! :biggrin: I see scooters everywhere around my town . Nice looking stuff too , very sweet machines some of them . Several thousand dollars too allot of the name brand ones are . Name brand to Americans that is ? I am sure in China , LIFAN is a name brand , not Yamaha .

Cheers, Snortin Norton

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Snortin Norton View Post
    Looks like the "Mods" are at an all-time comeback , thats for sure . Watch out Rockers !!! :biggrin: I see scooters everywhere around my town . Nice looking stuff too , very sweet machines some of them . Several thousand dollars too allot of the name brand ones are . Name brand to Americans that is ? I am sure in China , LIFAN is a name brand , not Yamaha .

Cheers, Snortin Norton
    Hey, Snortin Nortin, I caught the "mods" 60's flashback. Guess we're a couple of old guys, huh? hahhhhhaa!
    Nuff said!

olds_cool63

DON'T BE A SQUIDIOT!

I have not quite reached the honor of being an old fart yet. What's the "mods" reference?

CC

5. #5 Crazy Carl 
    Master of Thump
    Crazy Carl , and Olds-cool63 ........
    First off Olds-School63 , should we really tell Crazy Carl what it's all about or make him figure it out himself ? LOL !!!! Us old farts like to have some fun Crazy Carl . :biggrin:
    Crazy Carl, from your pics you don't look much younger than me ????? LOL !
    I think you just missed that part of the History lesson is all ?
    The Mods and the Rockers were Europes bad boys if you will back in the hay days of the 60's and early 70's when Triumph and Nortons rang KING in Brittain . They were both a set of badd-ass bikers, mostly in Brittain . Notice I am a Norton owner and love Rock and Roll ?????? Getting it yet ????? The Vespa Scooter riders were a rough bunch of preppy riders that hated the Rockers , thier bikes , thier clubs , and the Rockers . I true rivalry, mostly over the bikes they road and the GIRLS , oh the girls !!!! :drool:. The Rockers road the big Twins like my Norton , Cafe to cafe race bikes, thats how CAFE" bikes got thier name Crazy Carl, did you know that ???? Truth !!!!
    So that is our reference of the Mods and the Rockers here on the post. I of course assumed everyone on EARTH knew that reguardless of your ages ????
    Its funny how you are so worldly travelled and never heard of the Mods and the Rockers Crazy Carl ? That dumbfounds me ?
    Now you do know though !!! :biggrin:
    See, I am a freekin bundle of useless information and cynical smart ass history lessons :thumbup: I could be a CULCUNE if I wanted to be if I only had a real teachers degree . Hee heee hee .
    We actualyl have true Mods here in Olympia Central . Nice Vespas and some other makes too, some Chinese copies of the Vespa no less !!! The only difference nowadays is everyone is much friendlier and nobody races cafe' to cafe' anymore . Too many COPS !!!! The Mods never raced against the Rockers either Crazy Carl , that would be freekin laughable anyway obviously since the scooters could never touch the speeds of the cafe' bikes . Back in
    the day neither club would be caught dead rding with eachother . Today it is common place at least by me . You got to understand back in those days the clubs used to gang fight too over this rivalry and the girls of course. Oh the girls !!!!
    Bit of lore for you here Crazy Carl, but the way it is portrayed in the history books, is a Rocker would put a dime in the juke-box at the Cafe' , race to other side of London Central and back before the song was over on the juke-box. That made him badd-ass Rocker . To do that trip on that course, through traffic at night , you had to hit 100 miles an hour !!!! Uhmmm, sorry but the Scooters were not up for that experience back then . Today, well maybe ? Not with me on one !!!! The Norton laughs at 100 mph, give me more man !!! :biggrin: Yes, I am ROCKER !!!!!

Good to see the comeback of the Mods bikes though , very cool .

Cheers, now your truelly schooled in life Crazy Carl . I feel like Culcune now, worthy of teaching the already wise people something . Very cool .

Cheers, Snortin Norton out

PS, Olds-Cool63 , thanks for the flashback, I had one too just doing that lesson .:thumbup:

Sounds like some pretty inane rivalry between groups of people that simply enjoy different types of vehicles. Oh well, thanks for the interesting history lesson...it fills in some pieces. A guy can't know everything!

CC

7. #7 Crazy Carl 
    Master of Thump
    Crazy Carl,
    I am quite positive it all started over a girl :wink:
    That's what my Dad tells me happened at least . That and some good English Stout Brews am sure too ! :biggrin:
    Different time back then Crazy Carl . It aint like it is now that's for sure. Even up into the 1980's the Harley 1%-ers hated all other bikes pretty much but Harleys . Nowadays , most Harley riders are Doctors or Lawyers or bought thier bikes with Credit cards . Times have changed man . Now the 1%-ers are truelly one percenters and nobody lieks them, so they don't meen much anymore .

No offense intended that you did not know the little trivia of the Mods and Rockers, but I "ASS"-umed you did since you have owned so many bikes and have been riding a good long time now . I guess its just alright to know motorcycles , but to know thier history sure makes you more familiar to the history . A good thing to know . Now you do , or at least my version of what I call motorcycle Lore that should be known by anyone that envies bikes . At least if your USA backrounded or from Europe at least .

Out to the track, starting to sprinkle some rain, yee haaaaaa :thumbup:

No offense taken SNorton. I figure if I don't know something then I should ask!

I actually started riding relatively late in life since riding wasn't in my household growing up. As a result, I missed out on a bunch of the history and have to do a lot of reading to catch up on stuff like how Honda entered the North American market in the early 60's.

I'm sure moto riding life was different back in the 50's - 70's. Seems like it was the real bad-boy stuff that made then news. All fascinating stories with lessons to learn for the future. As it happens, there may be some exciting future to be made right here! :biggrin:

CC

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well, I'm not the oldest fart around, but I'm a middle-aged fart and proud of it! hahahahahah!
    Nuff said!

olds_cool63

DON'T BE A SQUIDIOT!

10. #10 I agree Crazy carl 
    Master of Thump
    I agree with you on that one Crazy Carl.
    I think that were all making good new History , especially here on the Forum .
    Pretty diverse crew here, and lots of different motorcycles around here too, not just China bikes . On that note, who would have thought that by 2008 allot people would have a Ducati and a Chinese motorcycle in the same garage together, let alone talk about them both on a Forum on the Interent for My China Moto's ?????
    Not I !!!!!!
    Thats freekin good new history being made there .

PS, this is me in my wheelchair at 90 years old with my Norton Commando Motor installed in the chair , yo baby !!! Get out of my freekin way Sonny !!!!

PSS . I rode the track for six hours yesterday, never more than spit on me for rain, so the mud picks will be another time, bummed .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast