Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Pep Boys and Baja imports 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Please Gentlemen, don't be so doomed. If we live, nothing are loose. Today on the world rising alternative structures, like for example "fair trade" net and others. South America inspire the rest of people's movements on the world to change thinking about society, community... The capitalist suckers expect some kind of "Big Bang", like in Russia in 1917. But the todays revolution has completely diffrent face. The revolution take place now, but in silence in shadow big westerns cities, skyscrapers. The Revolution is a built alternative structures that imperceptibly permeate the current system like a mold or something like that.

VIVA ZAPATA!

2. #12 Re: Pep Boys and Baja imports 
    That's what we old hippies and revolutionaries thought man. Still got sold out, jailed, shot, too stoned, too greedy etc and ended up with the skyscrapers and nightclubs being hit by planes and bombs, not mould. Viral society change? Nah, it is all a power trip and an illusion (on both sides). Its the devil we are dealing with and he is us! Just get your bike, love your missus, support your mates and riiiiide. That is is all there ever was and will be. The laws and the chaos are just the balance.

3. #13 Re: Pep Boys and Baja imports 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I'm not a hippie, beacuse I'm too young. Punk is my origin. I saw in my life two changes of system. So, the current world crisis for me and, I think, many peopple from East Europe, is the only another change. Today neoliberalism died. So, what "ism" will be next? Will this new "ism" be more peacefull or agressive? :D
    You said: "law and chaos". I ask: Law by Who?
    The emissin limits are a merchandise on market. Good merchandise for rich corporations. If they need some, they goes to buy it and everything is alright and accordance with the law. They don't need breaks the law. But small importer, who sold several ATVs without homologation for emission... this is a horrible criminal. Who knows? Maybe a terrorist from Al Kaida.

4. #14 Re: Pep Boys and Baja imports 
    Yeah, I enjoyed punk too! Especially the girls with torn singlets and no bras.
    Laws? Well it doesn't matter by whom. I disagree with all laws and prefer consensus, responsibility, commonsense, compassion. And if all else fails it comes down to a choice of using power or the strength to 'turn the other cheek'. I fail in that just about every time, hence 'the devil is us'.

Probably more pollution in one unnecessary trip to a tourist island by jumbo jet than in a lifetime of riding my bike I reckon.
    You can do a lot in your lifetime if everyday you are mindful of waste and greed. No need to forget technology, just learn and research and make choices and accept responsibility. You won't stop any big corporation (or monarchy or empire or state or tribe or clan) using power for its own purpose until we survive another millennium as a world society and maybe evolve.

How many here ride big bikes when in reality a 250cc or less would do them fine? It is up to them but being mindful of what we do in such choices would do more for nature than suing a few companies, large or small. Production of a few plastic coated stickers supporting 'ecology movements' for the bike panniers probably costs the equivalent of a meal or six somewhere else. Just my few cents worth.

5. #15 Re: Pep Boys and Baja imports 
    If they have to return or destroy 1300 products, that means that those products are not on the list of products that went through testing.
    I can guess how that happened, they may have said they were something other than what they claimed to be at the port.
    There are lists of products that are approved and if approved they are fully documented….but does that include technical documentation? Does it include access to parts and service documentation?
    Hey I am a practical person the products are not that complex but they do have specifics that need to be defined and related to operation and maintenance.
    Were is the check of that? I say yes it should have emission testing and DOT only means it has what is required to be ridden on the public roads, I would not assume its a safety test. But what about the relationship with operation and maintenance?
    What I desire as a goal is low cost reliable and safe products in the market. I also would like a variety of choices within that. What is preventing that is both greed and ignorance.
    So before it enters the port it should have a full set of linked documents, I keep saying it that its a Vehicle Identification Number and should be linked to all the information. It is and should be the primary code that links to all other necessary data, that’s all the needed documentation to ensure it is what it says it is and also so that collectively and objectively everyone as consumers can see the metrics of and related to it and also its performance in the market.
    That’s what NHSTA the National Highway Safety Administration role is, if the VIN (model) has a propensity for its wheel to fall off they should see that and the manufacturer then obliged to address that inherent weakness in a design. The resolution documented on the associated VIN and for all to see.

These are metrics and if a one hundred enter the market then the parts associated with those the service associated with those all a matter of public record.
    Maybe the concept of Big Brother policing bothers people…that’s really self defeating ignorance. The role of government should be primarily that of tracking numbers and data, then regulating on that in the open for all to see and based on actual know values and actual real derivations that some of us can see and understand. Mathematic are not subjective they are objective the more you see the more accurate the extrapolation.
    If you want to address the future of mankind…I’d say you better have a quotient in the noggin higher then one hundred and thirty. Understand that many are functioning in or society with less then one hundred and if that’s the case they will or may never come to terms with their own ability to comprehend or compose the complex thoughts . So what is this revolution the legions of narcissistic learning disabled and developmentally handicapped rising up in self righteous ignorance? That’s what I get out of it, lead by average ordinary dickheads that use logical manipulation based on gut feelings?
    The leaders of tomorrow need to be brilliant and not afraid to say sit down and shut the fuck up you dumb asses.
    People that take everything personal is that evidence of the epidemic, the narcissism?
    Tell me the total costs and I tell you what it is worth and based on your contribution to that value chain and I can tell you what your role is worth and that based on the actual cost of living. Oh please look around you have people that would struggle finding their way out of a paper bag making six figures. If the door is locked you can bet they are naked with their hands all over each other. Its a crime and a sin children even if the tree falls in a desolate forest it still generates wave lengths.

It s not a matter of opinion it’s the reality of values, real numbers and opening it all up to view.

6. #16 Re: Pep Boys and Baja imports 
    Lol that was amusing to read. It all comes down, you seem to say, to a numerical value that is mathematically quantifiable? Or maybe I misunderstood you? Despite my Mensa IQ of 169!

There are other values and there are balances between such things as the individual and the society that are not just economically, politically or market-value based. 'Cost of living' for many is that they die from hunger while we debate emissions standards of our luxury goods and pastimes.

The old world control by European States or the USA model now in practice world-wide, especially the continued destruction of other civilisations does not contain any 'emission control' as far as heavy metal weapons, landmines and pharmacological products are concerned.

Nature is to live from the death of others, that I accept, but mensuration of minor details and prosecution of minor entities in the game just misses the point.

7. #17 Re: Pep Boys and Baja imports 
    A single value.no, not a single value ,sets of values that are all interrelated. The value are all tracked in real-time data feeds. As you proceed you are a set of variables or values that are for the most part ratios. The sum of all cost is the cost of living it does have component costs and collectively that active value would be a math function. f(x) the variable would be time if active then real-time as it happens with no lag. You as in we all have either income or savings that we draw from to cover costs. So you could say f(x) = f(x) one function is money in and the other money out.
    The cost of transportation.that as a percentage of the total costs.
    The cost of housing..
    The cost of food
    The cost of insurance
    The cost of taxes
    If your costs exceed your income then you usurp if your costs are below your income youre a donor if it breaks even its a point of equilibrium. It is the point on the supply and demand curve and the point of optimization.
    Each component cost has its own set of criteria and two sides and interrelated the more you get paid then the more the product costs and then those that buy it either pay more or are disfranchised.
    A mensuration is a measurement of an area, we exist on a parcel of land it has area and the use of the space in value is a costs per square foot for one and then also the cost to maintain the space, related and interactive all part of it. If you are spending too much then your percentage of total cost relegated to that, doing better or perhaps not? Too much would compromise other needs or perhaps other obligations? Maybe the value is distorted and then that skews the allocation of resources and is inflationary and has a chain reaction across the economy.
    Its all about running feeds through series of programs, its about artificial intelligence. A mensuration would be one criteria and for optimization values on land use, then other would be stochastic models and event probabilities.lots of value and lots of formulas.
    All the numbers day lighted all the values out in the open not by name but collectively for revue and summarizations and analyses, currently claims are made that are not qualitative and certainly not quantitative they are often just lies and manipulations. Some people lie and then believe their own lies.
    When the financial markets failed the transaction processing should have been separated from those that have conflicting interests to your optimizations, they actually force you to inflate and continue to borrow beyond the real and actual limits.the limits are hidden as are the real detriments. Thats already been proven and the results were to push the event further ahead the event is facing the fact its beyond a limit. The limit is real and can be or should be seen mathematically and not conveniently ignored as it is by those that simply cannot understand it.
    The transaction processing has the information systems its the VISA network its the ATM network and its secure and it has interfaces that can support it. It could be and is sometimes called a dashboard and would be your set of data and within it you have choices, but if empowered then you have access to what only the rich have and that being able to game it. You could request optimization options and then see the options as real and legitimate choices instantaneously.
    A better job and housing could result in a higher level of disposable capital, what if the job paid less and the housing cost less and the transportation cost less. Would you see the result being a higher residual balance as better? Would you see that you actually had more free time and more capital thats disposable? Some might say why would I do dat its a step down!
    I had my IQ tested when I was eleven and I did not ask to be measured.I never really thought much of it, but they said that I had the comprehension of a college student and it helped me understand why everyone seemed.sodumb. It was my fifth grade math teacher that felt compelled to clock me..do mensa men measure themselves often? The last person I heard make that claimwhen asked whats the calculation for IQ he did not know it.I thought then how can you be mensa?
    I checked it later in lifeits a simple ratio your theoretical intelligence in age/actual age (20/11) multiplied by one hundred. But I was only tested on comprehension asked what did you read, asked questions about what was right in front of me. It was not valid the answers were right there.
    Nothing really changes it just keep repeating in an endless loop, like a terrier chasing its tail. How long will it take for the monkeys to progress beyond flinging shit at each other in recourse? Perhaps one bright monkey can bring them all to reason?
    Its all for amusement dude.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12