Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: The New Polish Streetfighter, based on chinese engine and frame 
    The new Zanella motorcycles look very much like Yamaha models to me.

2. #22 Re: The New Polish Streetfighter, based on chinese engine and frame 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Jeez,fookin,Christ!!! I expect... so, this is the reall value of "My China Moto": every bullshit will be unmasked Thanks guys!
    At last! This is the intereseting questin. I'll write about this to ROMET co.

3. #23 Re: The New Polish Streetfighter, based on chinese engine and frame 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by PandaBeat View Post
    Hey, I know for fact that the Zanellas are made in China and just assembled in Argentina to pay less taxes, which is a shame because in the past they actually made every component here :( and now all they do is screw a couple of bolts together and say "Made in Argentina" or "Made in Uruguay".
    I do not understand, why tahat is the shame? It is normal practice. The duty on the export from China are ,what I herad, the real killer. I expect the this bike is not a polish concept.
    Why? It is simple: capitalism suck! :D

The new Zanella motorcycles look very much like Yamaha models to me.
    For me, the above example looks like CBR 250. This bike bottom is really cool design!

4. #24 Re: The New Polish Streetfighter, based on chinese engine and frame 
    The duty on import from china are high in some countries not exports, they have incentives to export from china in china and restriction are on imports.
    In the USA all small trucks have a duty of over 10% if assembled and only 2% if unassembled. The result is all the trucks sold in the USA are made in the USA.
    You can buy a new Toyota truck in the USA for $15,000.00 actually the lowest priced small truck on the market and its assembled in Texas, San Antonio used to be in Fremont California but that plants closed or is closing.
    I would be fine with that law being imposed on 250cc and under in the USA, then the Japanese can buy the parts from china and pay Americans to assemble them. The quality and customer service would go up, then new comers in the market would have to invest something domestically beyond bribing customs, warehouses and internet sites.
    Then they can go ahead and pass laws like they have in Britain for restrictions on size for new riders.
    Then you would have more jobs and fewer fatalities.

5. #25 Re: The New Polish Streetfighter, based on chinese engine and frame 
    Dammit, motorcyclists really should run the world. Between us we have all the answers and false boundaries such as countries just restrict our fertile minds and bodies.

6. #26 Re: The New Polish Streetfighter, based on chinese engine and frame 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The duty on import from china are high in some countries not exports, (...)
    Yes, that right. Sorry, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    Dammit, motorcyclists really should run the world. Between us we have all the answers and false boundaries such as countries just restrict our fertile minds and bodies.
    I agree in 100%. :D

7. #27 Re: The New Polish Streetfighter, based on chinese engine and frame 
    I visited your linked website….mostly Jinlun cruisers? Is that were you are hearing criticism of the Division’s design?
    Here is another image of the Romet Division 249.…they could have called it a 223 if it in fact sports the Honda Technology based engine? I think that’s a good engine for that bike IMO and if I was to design a bike around a Chinese manufactured engine I would choose that one. Good as for the specs not sure if its well made many are made by different sources and the quality control does not only vary on manufacturer it can vary within each and their production process.

I would say Romet designed the bike and contracted SENKE to manufacture it, mostly likely scenario. But others scenarios are not outside possibility.
    If a company can sell enough products, those that invest in custom designs pull on my heart strings….as that’s what I would do. If that bike sells well that could be furthered into designing more and the possibilities are endless.
    Its not revolutionary, its just a good tidy modern design. The thing is Romet invested some of the capital it leveraged though sales of re-badged Jinlun motorcycles and then applied that to designing this product with off the shelve Chinese components….that’s ok, its a step up from just re-branding.
    We all know that BMW took engine designs to china and others if they have capital can do the same.
    Romet could design another and likely would…but only if this bike is embraced if not then it like the dog that was kicked once….its reluctant to come back.
    I suspect the Romet name as well as the Zenalla brand name were resurrected with Chinese low cost manufacturing, not necessarily displaced. None of it is static it changes its best to be interactive then to sit on the sidelines pouting about it.
    I have no contention if they have good intentions…..like investing in designs I like that and would like to see more of it….I also believe that if limiting riders to small engines to begin ridding on encourages it then I would contend with it, I also believe that if requiring domestic assembly of those bike adds only marginal costs then it should happen.
    The results could be and I honestly believe this less fatalities and a wider range of low cost motorcycles. It would also integrate the process better domestically and that’s important as it all has to balance. Greed is what... wanting it all with no regard to how it impacts others?

8. #28 Re: The New Polish Streetfighter, based on chinese engine and frame 
    Its not bad looking.

9. #29 Re: The New Polish Streetfighter, based on chinese engine and frame 

10. #30 Re: The New Polish Streetfighter, based on chinese engine and frame 

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast