Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Getting legal: Registering my JH600 in Shanghai 
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton
    This is rather bizarre. Even when motorcycles are accurately described as the preferred means of transportation of the people, they are not treated as part of the normal traffic, to be managed and protected equally as all others on the road. Instead they are considered menaces to the general traffic.
    This is because people who make the laws are still in the mentality that cars are good, give you face and are wonderful. Something they've always wanted and can now have. They are also encouraged as being a five pillar economic growth factor. Also many Chinese people feel that they are not modern and will loose face if they don not use a car for even then the most frivolous few hundred meter school runs. These are cultural and political biases that have the effect of using laws to attempt to force other users off the roads in favor of cars, trucks are prime targets, secondary targets are various three wheeled vehicles and then motorcycles, followed by electric bicycles and then even bicycles.

Sooner or later the realization, as in western countries that building more roads just encourages more cars and that gridlock is inevitable. At first the sight of seeing a motorcycle scything through traffic will turn any Chinese car driver green with envy and seething with jealousy. However as time passes the idea for a minority of the wealthy, and even some of those in government will be a switch at least for some back to motorcycles, the green shoots of this are visible with wealthy people purchasing their high-end BMWs and Harleys, hopefully they will be increasingly be used for commuting and real recreational riding, rather than just showpieces.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

2. #32 Re: Getting legal: Registering my JH600 in Shanghai 
    Yes, and again it isn't just a Chinese way of thinking, tally up the number of useless 4WD monsters in the suburbs and around schools in the mornings in any western city worldwide, unsafe but 'feel' safe, never go off-road, guzzle gas, usually just have mum and a kid or two. Then look at the number of 'hot' saloons, all tricked up with spoilers, mag wheels and V* or other sports engines that just take a 19 yr old a mile or so to work. I don't want to spoil anyone's fun, truly, even my next door neighbour with his five flash cars but somehow this greed and waste has to be curtailed so that the latest 'cool' is an appropriate car carrying passengers. maybe a fuel ration ...

3. #33 Re: Getting legal: Registering my JH600 in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Regular
    hi I'm come on JH600 OH My god i like it , you too???yes ?

4. #34 Re: Getting legal: Registering my JH600 in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi, Euphonius! I am new on that forum, but I know the truth: you're the One, man! Thank you for your post and I am sorry for my bad English! Actually, I am from Brazil and I have a JH250E. What I wanting for now is to import JH150E's parts, like fuel tank and headlignts, you know, but I don't know how I can, man!! Can you help me? Thanks.

5. #35 Re: Getting legal: Registering my JH600 in Shanghai 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear tonybarros,

Greetings from Shanghai, and welcome to our forum. It's a great place share stories and information about Chinabikes like yours.

As for your Jialing 250, you should have several options for parts support. First, if you haven't done so already, check with the Jialing importers there in Brazil. Jialing has a huge presence in South America, and they even have staff in Chongqing who speak Spanish to support that market; I don't know whether they know Portuguese. Was there a dealer involved when you purchased your 250? Have you asked them to help with parts?

google for jialing brasil and see the extent of Jialing's presence in your amazing country.

http://portuguese.cri.cn/101/2008/01/03/1@81627.htm

If that trail goes cold, you can go directly to Jialing in Chongqing, though this is not the easiest thing to accomplish. The people I know there all speak only Chinese, and it's often hard to get them on the phone. The sales department does monitor this email address -- sales@jialingchina.com.cn -- but you may have to hit them several times. Have you tried the Jialing global website? http://en.jialing.com.cn/contact-us/

Finally, you'll see others in this forum working with www.taobao.com and a related service called Taobao Focus. Taobao is a huge online marketplace where you can find almost any part for any chinabike. But it's in Chinese. Here's a taobao search for your model number, which seems to show some things. If you use google's chrome browser, it will give you a quick/dirty translation into english, and maybe into portuguese. finally, you can then ask taobao focus to help you purchase parts in taobao, then forward them to you via air freight.

Hope you can find the stuff you need!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #36 Re: Getting legal: Registering my JH600 in Shanghai 
    tonybarrios,
    Like euphonius said about taobaofocus

http://taobaofocus.com/order

you can search and order from taobao in English, Russian, or French.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

7. #37 Re: Getting legal: Registering my JH600 in Shanghai 
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybarros View Post
    ...fuel tank and headlignts...
    These 2 are just standard Honda rebel & clone parts/ Pay huge fee ship from overseas for personal use is false economy.
    Business is another sector . Look the products from tank maker / lamp maker in alibaba.com 1st. Many spanish (i know Brazilian Portuguese is another language, but they are similar...) speaking agent willing to help u in China for $$$.

8. #38 Re: Getting legal: Registering my JH600 in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I'm a bit late in seeing this thread I guess, but just wondering about the B证... is this a Shanghai-only thing? Or can it be had anywhere in China to speedify the registration/licensing process? I also heard about a C证 but I have no idea what it is...

9. #39 Re: Getting legal: Registering my JH600 in Shanghai 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    To my knowledge, it's Shanghai only. Never have seen a similar card anywhere else in China.

It's not essential for registering a bike, but it helps a lot because it directly links your non-Chinese name with your Chinese name. And, yes, you need a Chinese name to register a vehicle in Shanghai because their computers only accept Chinese characters. Or so it was a year ago.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #40 Re: Getting legal: Registering my JH600 in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks, I was wondering how to go about getting a foreigner's Chinese name on an official document, being as there is no official instance of a randomly chosen name...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast