Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post
Just wanted to chime in on this thread about "Mr. Muffler". I've had this same guy do a whole bunch of different work for me, about 5 mufflers and some custom welds for parts that had to be fabricated. He is indeed a master craftsman, who puts a lot of effort into his work. When working with higher quality materials, stainless steel for instance, he is very careful not to scratch anything and even buffs it all out once its installed. I highly recommend this guy's welding, and if you have some custom work, can speak Chinese (or have a friend to translate), he will try his best for you at a very reasonable price.
Do you think this "Mr Muffler" man (what's his name, and anyone got a contact number for him etc?), could handle a project that I now have, having bought a new CFMoto Jetmax 250cc scooter. http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?2109-2010-CFMoto-Jetmax-250-Scooter&p=15556#post15556
I would like to somehow fabricate a rear mounted luggage rack so that I can fit a quick release/demountable top-box on the rear of the scooter. Unfortunately someone at the CFMoto design studio decided in his/her wisdom to leave off such a rack in the design, which I'm surprised given how so many bikes in China have top-boxes. The Jetmax's passenger grab rails are an alloy and may serve as a base from which to fabricate a bracket that could be added to fit across the width of bike at the rear of the pillion seat, or it might be more feasible to remove the passenger grab rails and fabricate a suitable replacement to retrofit that incorporates a luggage rack as a complete unit. Unfortunately I don't have a complete workshop at my disposal otherwise I'd be happy to experiment with the options myself. That being said, since I'm not in that position, I want someone who not only has the mental capacity and ability to fully understand all that's required (ie. something that can last more than '5 minutes') and also do a bang on job (ie. take great care and pride in their workmanship). The other big thing is I'd have to travel from Ningbo to Mr Muffler man's workshop unless I can make some other arrangement. Any of 'you guys' got any ideas, or can lend some design input?

I'm hopeful that whatever design is adopted that works, could either lead to a viable aftermarket alternative or else lead to CFMoto actually changing their design and incorporating it, in much the same way Jialing has with the JH600 and the mods that have been posted here by the likes of Pfaezler et al.

Oh, and while I'm here on my soapbox, anyone here got ideas on how to add more than 5 photos into a post without adding additional posts to a thread. I've become frustrated with my Jetmax post (see link above) because I can't seem to add any more than 5 photos to it, and I would prefer to keep my review together in one post with photos rather than stretch it out into multiple posts. Any tricks on how to accomplish this?