Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: VAN VAN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 VAN VAN 
    I like certain types of motorcycles….I call them cool bikes. This is one of them, I also have to admit that knowing that the Chinese can manufacture these cool bikes and that they could be sold relatively cheap in the USA…and are not…is to put it mildly…frustrating.

However these are being replicated in china and being sold through a company called SKYTEAM...not in the USA though..oh no...and why is that?

2. #2 Re: VAN VAN 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    reminds me of a farm bike... some family relatives had a similar looking bike that my uncle used on the farm to round-up sheep and other farmers used to bring in the cows for milking...

3. #3 Re: VAN VAN 
    It’s a tracker….the original model from 1972.

I am not 100% sure but I believe that the AMA still sanctions an under 250cc class flat track race.
    I know they have a 750cc class and this bike would be typical for that class.

I guess it would make sense that ranchers would use the bikes for herding?
    The manufacturer that is making the replica Skyteam makes little bikes, I would call them minibikes. The original RV125 to me looks like a oversized minibike. I would say that Suzuki had some creative engineers in 2002/2003 they introduced the VAN VAN and also the Grass Tracker 250 that year.
    The Grasstracker also went by the Bigboy or TU250GB

Here is the limited version of the VAN VAN 200 also called a RV200Z.

4. #4 Re: VAN VAN 
    Very cool bike.

5. #5 Re: VAN VAN 
    Grasstracker also very cool
    Last edited by MJH; 07-09-2010 at 04:40 AM.

6. #6 Re: VAN VAN 
    The Qinqqi Tracker.....not so cool.

7. #7 Re: VAN VAN 
    I think its all very interesting here is link to Skyteam, the RV bike is on the site its not a Suzuki engine being offered on it it is a 223cc engine instead.

Article from Motoinfos.com:
    SKY TEAM V-Raptor

Hyusoung offer a model called a Karion

Which I personally think is very cool.

It looks alot like the DR200...sept its way cooler, LOL

8. #8 Re: VAN VAN 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob

Check out my forum www.suzukivanvan.co.uk

9. #9 Re: VAN VAN 
    In all honesty those vids weren't impressive, back views of a bunch of folk doing nothing much adventurous and back views of sheep and one heifer for a change. Oh yeah and a couple of puddles. Mate, we were riding road bikes and Morris Minors on those high-valley roads decades ago in all weathers including snow, right across Wales not just a day trip to Shropshire; flashed up farm bikes don't do it any better. Get off your bike, take some decent action pics side-on and front on of the bike not just peoples arses. I see them every day I ride through town. And you lot all ride too close together, try a greater separation for safety.

10. #10 Re: VAN VAN 
    Why is it that all the cool people are someplace else…I might as well live on an island.
    Not really….thanks for posting the videos and the link to the club, unfortunately I reside in the USA so little chance I’ll be signing up.
    I sat on a TU250 at a dealer but it’s a street version and not a Tracker which is what I really want and a local club…and events.
    Lately I’ve been riding around with a group of lesbians that all have Harley Davidson’s…it’s fun and we stop at the park sometimes to throw a football around… they’re a great group….they stopped telling me to get a real mans bike… as often as they used to. I told them that I am gay for the Harley’s, it seemed to have helped. It’s rough finding people that share the same interests, you do what you can.
    Grass is always greener and the bloody bike I want is only sold someplace else.
    I feel conflicted again…..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast