Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: VAN VAN

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: VAN VAN 
    You could always cut your balls off and move to Thailand. No conflict then. They have islands there too and you could get the 'bike nearby I am sure - and be anything else you want to be.

2. #12 Re: VAN VAN 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Lately Ive been riding around with a group of lesbians that all have Harley Davidsonsits fun and we stop at the park sometimes to throw a football around theyre a great group.they stopped telling me to get a real mans bike as often as they used to. I told them that I am gay for the Harleys, it seemed to have helped. Its rough finding people that share the same interests, you do what you can.
    Grass is always greener and the bloody bike I want is only sold someplace else.
    I feel conflicted again..
    HAHA, got a new HD bashing joke: Get a HD, even lesbians drive it in order to be more manly.

3. #13 Re: VAN VAN 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    In Northern California, where I grew up, lesbians have been riding Harleys, Moto Guzzis and other big cruisers since the 1960s, and they have a great name for themselves: Dykes on bikes. (Their own idea, not mine.)

That image (nice helmet!) comes from this lovely thread from South Bay Riders.

And THIS apparently is their Facebook page (which of course is blocked here in China and my VPN is faltering).
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #14 Re: VAN VAN 
    Pity outsiders can't see the helmet anymore. Facebook page at least was open for public access. Would be interesting to make a photo report of them.

5. #15 Re: VAN VAN 
    Oh I get it if your taste in motorcycles is for Trackers then your either a dirt ball farmer or a Thai transvestite, is there a book on conventional wisdom so I can get familiar with that doctrine of idiocracy?
    Is there a source for all this or is it just a loosely aligned cooperative of minions…march stepping?
    The only person that would buy that bike is either a motorcycling border collie or a miss tiffany? Sounds like the preverbal flinging of shit against the wall just for what to see what sticks.
    You can stuff big balls in tight jeans…but watch out for the size thirteen boot it makes them a real tempting target.
    Trackers and HD are not mutually exclusive are they?

6. #16 Re: VAN VAN 
    Seriously how does it work does the head rancher get the HD or does the Miss Tiffany winner or both and are they basically the same things? Are the Dykes on bikes the same as the hells angles? Probably not since some of them are riding moto guzi and ducatti, how can I get up to speed on the preconceptions and mainstream generalizations? I would like to be abreast of the conventional wisdom….that’s not the same as wanting to have breasts, just for the record, as some seem to have some trouble with what is literal and what is figurative.

7. #17 Re: VAN VAN 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear MJH,

I hope you are just misinterpreting the tone of banter in this forum. I've found nothing indicating disrespect.

In fact, I've ridden with the Dykes on Bikes, and was in awe and admiration of their skills, their choice and quality of rides, totally respectful attitude toward themselves and other riders, and overall joy of riding. I'd follow them (almost) anywhere.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

8. #18 Re: VAN VAN 
    Which basically means you are a bit up yourself MJH. Relax.
    Like it or not enjoy it or not, it is actually inclusive and responsive to your own posts. Flash yourself at people, strangers, and they react. And call them idiots and threaten with size 13's and you are being a pratt, showing your insecurities.

And all this about a pic or two of a style of motorbike? The wonders of the WWW.

9. #19 Re: VAN VAN 
    C-Moto Noob
    You can now get Suzuki Van Van replicas from Skyteam, the model is the V-Raptor and i comes in 125 and 250 versions.
    You can get these fun bikes at www.northbridgebikes.co.uk

IMG-20110422-00212.jpg
    Check out the facebook pages for Northbridge Bikes and for Skyteam.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/NorthB...87657931277319
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sky-Te...70600496319847

10. #20 Re: VAN VAN 
    You pimping for those guys mate or what? If you are associated all you have to do is introduce yourself under the dealers part of the forum, its free. If you are just an owner then we want more info about you and your bike and pics of 'Bristalal' (thats how they talk there, honest)
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast