Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyy View Post
    Train is best way for happy journey.Coincidentally, I visited Shanghai Station yesterday to ask about shipping my JH600 to Guiyang, about 2000km to the southwest. First I went to the Railway shipping department, and they quoted more than 4,000 rmb -- close to $500. Very discouraging. But at the station itself, they said just push it into the station with the tank empty, and it'll take a couple of days. She estimated the fare at less than 700 rmb, or under US$100. Now that's a nice deal. No need to package it up. They just roll it into a baggage car, and lean it on its side or center stand. Probably also lash it down. I then can take a separate train or plane, then come to fetch it at Guiyang station.
    MumbaiLocalTrain
    I shipped my bike twice
    At the station is more expensive and no battery allowed
    The first time was a local shipping company that use a train service and was 500¥ 1800km in straight line without the issue of draining the tank or removing the battery

2. #32 Re: Bike on a Train? 
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyy View Post
    Train is best way for happy journey.Coincidentally, I visited Shanghai Station yesterday to ask about shipping my JH600 to Guiyang, about 2000km to the southwest. First I went to the Railway shipping department, and they quoted more than 4,000 rmb -- close to $500. Very discouraging. But at the station itself, they said just push it into the station with the tank empty, and it'll take a couple of days. She estimated the fare at less than 700 rmb, or under US$100. Now that's a nice deal. No need to package it up. They just roll it into a baggage car, and lean it on its side or center stand. Probably also lash it down. I then can take a separate train or plane, then come to fetch it at Guiyang station.
    MumbaiLocalTrain
    Noticed that your "Location" is India. Maybe you could give us a pointer or two for motorcycle traveling in India.
    Sorry to get off topic here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234