Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Howdee Hi Yall ! 
    Master of Thump
    Hi Yall, Snortin Norton here ,
    newbee here , not a newbee to bikes .
    Wish there was a dirt bike section to post on this here forum ???
    Hers my bikes anyway .

Not Chinese, 1972 Norton Commando

My Harley Davidson Iron Head sits behind the Viva 250 Green Weenie !!!

Cheers, nice to meet you all, hope you can find space for me, I need a home like a good puppy does :biggrin:

Welcome, sure a lot of bikes in your stable, that Norton looks really cool.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Welcome aboard S.N.,

The mud puppies look sharp but, entirely too clean. I'm more of a cruiser kinda guy but yours really look great. I had considered one to ride around the fields here but just have never done it. I like the Norton as well.

Regards,

You look awfully familiar.....:thumbup:

Welcome to the board Norman! You've got a serious collection of Chinese Motos there!

Take your time and smell around the forums. The categories evolve over time and if you have any questions or suggestions don't hesitate to ask. Dirt-bike topics generally go under the "DualSport/Enduro" header in the "Your China Moto" category.

How did you get interested in C-Motos? With so many of them it looks like your whole family might ride!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Welcome to the site Snortin....wait is it the bike that is snorting??

Nice collection of bikes and cars. A man after my own heart. I too was a member of the "I hoard too many vehicles" club

Do you have any ride reports or pics you can show us of you and your dirt bikes in action?

7. #7 Hey Mates 
    Master of Thump
    Hey Mates,
    thanks for the kind reply and comments too !
    Yes Country Cruiser , they are too clean . I have only had my China Motos since last November . I just bought many is all . Plus I keep them washed and waxed and nice when they are not dirty-muddy .
    Sorry no action pics yet, someday I am sure .
    Crazy Carl , I got into the China Moto thing because I am tired of paying toooo much for Japanese bikes that I have bought all my life . I also work on the bikes , all bikes, so doing my own wrenching on a bike I knew that I would have to was a no brainer for me to buy also . Honestly , I am pretty impressed with the quality to cash ratio of my machines . With some mods they are quite racey and very dependable so far . Especially my Viva 250 , it is exceptionally well made for the $1,300 to my door I gave for it . I think from the pics , the little 125cc pit-bikes are built the best with the best componants too out of all my China bikes , but I hand picked my parts and built the machines myself . They are badd-ass , period .
    Thanks for the Norton comment Jim, appreciate that , restored and customized that one myself . It sports the Birtt Engine Race-Kit inside
    of 923cc and 38mm Mikuni two into one Sudko Racing carb. She flies . It is bored and stroked to boot , swirrled intake port work and a Barnnet clutch package . Lockheed Martin front brake too, stops on a diem and corners like no other . Hmmm, can you tell that is my pride and joy , hee hee .

It is nice to be welcomed so much on this forum, I appreciate that alot from you all . I lost my password or I would have responded sooner, but I was too stupid to read enough to realize how to retreive it , sorry . Im'e Pollish so I forgive myself .

Cheers,and look forward to veiwing this site when I have some time soon to check out all your bikes !!!!!
    Ps. Crazy carl, I actually owne all those bikes, my gal has an ATV67 Roketa and the little black SUNL125 int he one pic. No kids . Kids would just interupt my spending spree !

PS, Culcune, you bet I look familiar !!!! Ha ha ha ..

Cheers Snortin Norton out
    Last edited by Snortin Norton; 05-22-2008 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Misspelling

For pit bikes 125cc's on a tiny little frame is an incredible power to weight ratio and bound to be some fun. Norton seems like a little beast! You've got em looking nice too.

What kind of riding would you say you mostly do? We'd also love to hear about any modifications you've done to the C-Motos and/or any problems you've had with them.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snortin Norton View Post
    Thanks for the Norton comment Jim, appreciate that , restored and customized that one myself . It sports the Birtt Engine Race-Kit inside
    of 923cc and 38mm Mikuni two into one Sudko Racing carb. She flies . It is bored and stroked to boot , swirrled intake port work and a Barnnet clutch package . Lockheed Martin front brake too, stops on a diem and corners like no other . Hmmm, can you tell that is my pride and joy , hee hee .
    I can indeed, and well deserved too :):thumbup:

10. #10 China Moto responce 
    Master of Thump
    Well Crazy Carl ,
    I would say lately I ride more Motocross than anything else, but I do throw in some Street riding too with the Harley Davidson and the Norton . I do NOT commute on a bike, never will , never have . Bikes to me are for fun, not for comuting, because commuting is not fun .
    I do not owne a China street bike yet , but I will someday and am sure it will be soon . I like the little v-twin they got out and I also like the water-cooled twin they have out too . I also like the sporty looking China crotch Rocket impersonations they make too ? My wish list is tooooo big Crazy Carl, I want one or two of each of everything I see unfortuantely . Some of the Enduros look mighty tempting too . I am waiting for those Enduros to get to a bigger CC ratio for my liking and good prices. It will come , but it will take time for them to market that here in the States of course and be competitive also ? I would really like a 500cc Enduro/sport style bike if I get one ? I really like the style of the bikes they race the asphalt and dirt with , Super moto stuff . I just want some CC's behind it is all , so the wait continus for me it appears .
    And yes, little Lifan square ratio mators, egual bore to stroke motors do ripp pretty good in those tiny chromoly frames I bought . Plus I went with almost completely alloy componants too , so they are super light bikes. I can lift the red one over my head. The Carbon Fibre black one is much larger and heavier .
    Heres the shock mod I did on the Red one . Also a shot of the Mikuni installed with the good airfilter on it .

heres a shot of the reverse tensioned chain roller adjuster on this alluminum swingarm I did to get more hight from the bike and to keep it from rubbing the swingarm . It works great and works exactly the same as it would the other way sprung. You got to innovative on these bikes to get what you want out of them . The Shock strutt mod is made out of hardened steel plates and hardened bolts, nuts etc, . There are spacers fabricated between the plates and bolts to keep everything solid , overkill but thats me ! I needed more hight . I got it !

Heres a shot of a serious no nonsence rear-end !

And another on the Carbon Fibre build . This rear-end is totally awsome .

Better shot of the Nortons Carb , just for craps and giggles for Jim ! And yes JIM , those are inverted square Brittish mirrors, just like on the Cafe' bikes of the 60's . Not that I need mirrors, nobody is ever beating me for the lead !! LOL !

Heres my ignition switch mod for the Viva 250. It is a Harley Davidson Tachometer mount I fabricated inside the wind damm . It used to be up on the old bars but kept hitting the tripple tree nut and killing my motor .

Heres the new MSR bars installed , low profile Suzuki RM250 bars .

Here is my totally custom billet alluminum one off ignition switch and housing I built out of the bar guard brush-busters mount for my DB200 . This took allot of time and thinking to pull off, but now I have a switch that I can count on and is out of the way and NOT out in front of the bike where you can't reach it unless your off the bike like it was stock . This is mounted to the Head Steady . I used extruded alluminum bar stock to make the mount to mount the billet ingniton switch holder . All bolts and nuts washers are stainless . I use NO locktite on my bikes, never have , never will . With the right amount of lockwashers and shaker washers, they are NOT needed . I do this on my Halrey and Norton too so I know it works . JMHO

Can you tell now I love motorcycles Yeh, like there was ever any question ? LOL .

Well there are some of my mods . I have more but this post is getting too long as it is . Will elaborate on engine upgrades and adjustments later .
    Time for beddy bye now, tis late USA time boys and girls .
    Cheers, and thanks for the interest .

Snortin Norton out :biggrin:
    Last edited by Snortin Norton; 05-22-2008 at 09:23 AM. Reason: bad spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast