Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SNorton!

Thanks for taking the time to list out some of your mods and pics. That's some real first class custom mod working going on there. Wiring, metal fabrication, cross-usage of parts...the whole deal. Wouldn't it be great to have a job designing bikes?

Want to ask, after your pit-bikes' engine modifications, was there a noticable increase in performance?

CC

P.S. - You take good pics!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #12 Crazy Carl 
    Master of Thump
    Hey thanks for the compliments Crazy Carl, it is appreciated. You obviuosly understand knuckle-busting work when you see it . Thank you very much indeed .

And yes , it would be nice to have that job, but like any job it would involve money and time constraints and ruin my fun . But it is a novel idea or dream to have at least ? I do this stuff for the love of the motorcycle , and I do it for free for my friends . If I charged money I would hate it .

As far as the 125cc Pit-Bike mods, after the performance CDI units were installed and the big fat-pipes installed , it increased horsepower and grunt from the low-end incredibly . Plus no rev limits is nice too , it has nice powerband top-end speed too. Nice rev curve indeed now. When I went with the 24mm Mikuni and 24mm intake manifold on the Red bike, it now flat out screams :biggrin: It has the nicest one kick start with that carb and very smooth acceleration once I got it tuned in . The carb increased the horsepower greatly too . It is squirrely fast .The little Lifan race motors are fast anyway, but any mod just makes them shine more. I equalled my mods to the motor with my frames and suspension so I don't ripp apart the rest of the bike with some badd-ass motor only , to have the rest of the bike fall apart around me. That is the key to building bikes, equal motor, equal platform . Thats a winner ! I also run Dunlops on the red one to try to keep it on the ground . TRY !!!
    I went with a 25mm carb on the black bike and 25mm intake too, so you can just imagine that little increase ? It is my Stealth Black Death machine, scarey fast indeed . I just wrecked the red one ( no damge , its built stout )
    the other day riding a power wheelie out of my front yard drainage culvert shifting from first to second gear . I came out of the culvert kinda sidways and the the bike spun around 180* underneath me full throttle of course, me landing on top of the bike, my boot and knee under the bike. Ouch . This thing is so fast it happened in a split second. I am 200 pounds and 6' tall . That is why I say they are squirrely fast . I have great respect , not fear of these bikes, but you got to be paying attention , and I wasn't LOL !

I haven't had one lick of problems with those motors either, they are dialed in right from the factory very well. They are race ready as is. I just made them lethall is all . Obviously the Mikuni is a no brainer too, hardly any adjsutment to the air fuel mixture and no slide adjsutment was needed on either . Those I got from ECROX and they treat me well there . Needless to say after spending several thousand dollars on parts, the treat me like a King .

Ok Crazy Carl, now I really got to go to bed, will chat later, thanks again ,
    Snortin Norton out

Welcome to the site, SN,

I am impressed with the mod you did to these Chinese bikes. Can I use the photos to show to other Chinese bikers what can be done to their rides?

By the way, take a look at the JH600. It can be your project bike to make it lighter and more powerful to ride.

Cheers,

Franki

Quote Originally Posted by Snortin Norton View Post
    I came out of the culvert kinda sidways and the the bike spun around 180* underneath me... I have great respect , not fear of these bikes, but you got to be paying attention , and I wasn't LOL !
    Spoken like a true motorcyclist! It's all about how well you can focus. Wicked stuff but full of love! The motorcycle bug dun' ate you up! Feeeels gooood. :thumbup:

The back end of the black bike looks like it's solid man. It's nothing but seat-tube, shock and swing-arm! Looks like it could take some abuse and be super light. What's the power to weight ratio?

Hey they got anyone really roid out these things and race them at a track? How quickly do they reach top speed? Sorry for so many questions!

CC

Those little bikes are really rad. You should start a thread and tell us all about them

And we want to see some action shots!

6. #16 Howdee Hi agian 
    Master of Thump
    Hey Yall , active site here , I like it !
    Wish I did not work for a living as I would have more time to focus on looking around here . Busy boy I am lately. Plus this weekend we are putting in more track or upgrading our 2 acre race track on our property better than it is . Should have some action shots soon enough folks .

Franki, ya sure ya bettya , go ahead and share the photos . Might even inspire someone to do some mods of thier own and teach me some things too I am sure . Its all good and I like to share . If you make money off them send some my way so I can buy more parts !! LOL !
    JH600, will check it out , thanks for the input .

SuperSignet , consider it done as soon as I can get some more time to post . I have a huge job I am working on and time is not on my side right now , but I will threade the pit-bike builds for everyone for sure . It took a couple months to build those and there were lots of fabrication processes involved , because NOTHING I ordered was for any certain application , I had to customize most everything to fit it right and ride right too . Rather extensive build process on those . Also very pricey. I have over $2,000 in each bike and I am not quite done with upgrades either I want to do to them .

Crazy Carl ,
    the motorcycle bug done ate me up is an understatement probably . Little backround on my life here for ya all , but my Dad started riding me on his Norton Atlas gas tank when I was pretty much born 1966 , so the Snortin Norton heart-beat is litterally in my blood and soul from day one at birth practically .
    He was a Brittish only rider for a long time, then Honda back in the days of Isle of Mann TT when the CB350 Hondas hit that scene . I started riding at 4 years old, never stopped and can't get enough now at 42 years old . Bug ? No bug , it is my life and my heart-beat . Master of Thump I am , LOL !
    There is no such thing as too many motorcycles owned. It is too little time to ride is more like it . When I am old and grey I will be rdiing till I cannot stand up anymore or hold my stead upright . Then I will put the Norton motor in my freekin wheelchair . I aint kidding either here .
    This is not my only passion mind you , I am equally addicted to guns, girls , and rock and roll . Fishing would follow a close second to all those . My girl is top of the pops too and we ride together and she ownes her owne bikes, Very cool ! She is restoring her 1953 Triumph TT as we speak . A woman with a bike is AWSOME woman !!!!!! I hate passengers anyway .
    Crazy Carl, yes the black bike is the beast of the pit-bikes , but the red one has a better m longer swingarm actually . But Stealth bike is pretty awsome too . I really do not know what the weight to power ratio is on it , honestly . I do know it throws this 200 pound 6' guy around like a freekin rag-doll . It is no YZ80 Yamaha, but it ripps good anyway . There are some guys racing these powerplants up agianst the Jpanese bikes now and having soem local success doing so, but that is mostly rider ability racing anyway as you probably know already . I will never race these, except for myself up agianst myself and my Fiance' of course and friends too . I gave up racing AMA Moto years ago . No desire to be in pain anymore or broke or desireing any stature in life anymore . I just want to blast for fun now .
    I have not speedometer tested either bike Crazy Carl , so I can't really tell you the top speed yet. It has never entered my mind to actually do that ? I guess that is because I really don't care how fast it is going, only that it goes fast ? It goes way too fast for a two acre track, I will say that much :biggrin: I would love to let my neighbors kid ride it , he weighs about 70 pounds but he would wreck it for sure . I would like to catch his FLIGHT on film though right before he wrecks, for my amusment of course . :biggrin:

One thing I will say to you all about the pit-bikes . If you want serious speed and allot of fun, more fun than man should have without sex involved, build one today , you'll never regret it , nor are they as small as you think they are .
    They are allot like strapping yourself to one Roller Skate with a jet engine attatched , pulling the pin on the Handgrenade and holding it till she scares you enough to let her go . Not for the Timid , but certainly for the Insaine !
    Hear that Cuclune, you qualify for that award for sure .

Well for now its off to bed I go, I owe I owe I owe and I need more parts !!!!

Cheers to all of you, hope your getting in some riding too this weekend . I can't wait to tear up some new burms .

Good night Johnboy, Mary Ellen and Elizabeth, but this Biker is signing off to dream of something nice I hope. :biggrin:

Snortin Norton out

Wow! Your words are like a work of art--very flowing and eloquent and all that. However, I still don't know where I fit into that last post, but Kelly knows!! :drool:

Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Wow! Your words are like a work of art--very flowing and eloquent and all that. ...
    The man's just tellin' it like it is!

CC

9. #19 Culcune 
    Master of Thump
    Cuclune,
    are you kidding me, you don't know where "YOU" fit in in my award department and for what on this post ? :blink:
    It may well be because you hunt Gang-Banger Mexicans with your rubber-band gun and try to actually get the China Dealers to sell direct to you for one bike ? Take your pick, your insaine either way . :thumbup:
    I think strapping one of my rocket powered pit-bike roller skates would be right up your alley too, so there you go, your in my post because of that if nothing else .
    Elequent and flowing writing ? Alrighty then thanks , but I think it is because all of the LSD I did in HighSchool . They called it "High" School for a reason I thought ? Although I did 4.0 my way to the bottom of academia through it all and have three high school diplomas and two college certificates to prove I spent allot of money .:biggrin: I actually graduated High School with my first diploma at 15 through Napa College, California , with a Profficiency Exam diploma. Second was a regular diploma, third was G.E.D for extra credit for craps and giggles .
    I was a glutton for abuse obviously and all that LSD kept me sharp as a tack .
    Just kidding , but I am book smart , and street smart . More street smart because I really don't like to read unless it is motorcycle magazines or Guns and Ammo . :thumbup:

Cherrios and Fruitloops too Cuclune . I hope you can get that bike you sent pictures of to me . I am rooting for ya man !

Cheers, Snortin Norton out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12