Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: sourcing tires insidie China 
    I can get you Metzeler Tourance, Bridgestone Battlewings, or Bridgestone Trailwings. Between 2000-2500 for a set. My F650 uses the same tires and I generally buy 3 sets per year in the Guangzhou motorcycle market. BG Performance is a good source for tires, but they usually cater to the sportbike crowd so you have to wait a while to get your order. The concrete roads are devastating on tire life, prepare thy wallet.

Also might be worth making friends at BG as they are probably one of the only shops in China that know how to correctly mount and balance. I do mine meself.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

2. #12 Re: sourcing tires insidie China 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    BG-Performance should get you tyres out of HK but might take a few weeks, http://www.bg-performance.com

the German Tianma Circuit bloke is a verbal diarrhea and was nicknamed "motormouth" by some Shanghai bike owners a long time ago.....

ride safe! PAL
    well interestingly enough that same German engineer has quite a few words to say about the shiet being palmed off by all and sundry around about... as with most things here, if it seems too good to be true... it likely is, and the motorcycles being offered (BMW's, Japs, and the odd European motorbikes -which have not been bought in legally) need to be carefully scrutinised , which includes a full engine strip... I have seen some of the stuff being passed off with way more km's as evidenced inside the internals than is shown on the speedo, here with my own eyes - it's buyer beware!

3. #13 Re: sourcing tires insidie China 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    well interestingly enough that same German engineer has quite a few words to say about the shiet being palmed off by all and sundry around about... it's buyer beware!
    Just curious, is German "motormouth" still fiddling around with the Triumph and Duc in his shop?

Never bought anything from all the Tianma shops, mates and I had a few parts imports via BG-Performance and they handled everything in a very timely professional manner, two thumbs up!

Ride safe PAL!

4. #14 Re: sourcing tires insidie China 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    I can get you Metzeler Tourance, Bridgestone Battlewings, or Bridgestone Trailwings. Between 2000-2500 for a set. My F650 uses the same tires and I generally buy 3 sets per year in the Guangzhou motorcycle market. BG Performance is a good source for tires, but they usually cater to the sportbike crowd so you have to wait a while to get your order. The concrete roads are devastating on tire life, prepare thy wallet.
    Thanks ChinaV. It's a kind offer, and a tempting one. I'll keep you posted as I do my shopping. Have you considered any of the domestic tires, especially Shinko, Kenda and, what's this, Sanwang, that bikerdoc point out?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=3385447501

i guess tires are a very personal thing. i'm such a newb i have now idea how to evaluate and choose.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #15 Re: sourcing tires insidie China 
    I have China tires in my bike and I fancy them big time. Just great tires, totally awesome in any terrain and perfectly fine for low power motorcycle I have. Your bigger and more powerful bike might need better tires, or maybe not unless you drive it like some race driver taking everything out of the engine and cornering like a road racer. I myself am only puzzled on can I get the same tires as I have now for cheap here in Finland or will I have to pay double or triple of tires which wear more quicly and make no other difference whatsoever.

6. #16 Re: sourcing tires insidie China 
    For Beijing: Motorway carries a good selection, even TKC 80s can be found there!

Check it out
    Andy

7. #17 Re: sourcing tires insidie China 
    euphonius, you're welcome to come screaming through Zibo, and stop for a night on the way through, we have a few places for visitors to stay and a few bars. Let me know when you are heading up, I could meet you in Qufu and take you up to Binzhou, as Taishan and the mountainous Jinan and Southern Zibo district areas are very attractive.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

8. #18 Re: sourcing tires insidie China 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    you're welcome to come screaming through Zibo, and stop for a night on the way through, we have a few places for visitors to stay and a few bars. Let me know when you are heading up, I could meet you in Qufu and take you up to Binzhou, as Taishan and the mountainous Jinan and Southern Zibo district areas are very attractive.
    ZMC, thanks much for the warm welcome, and I likely will take you up on your invitation! I'm now thinking of shoving off early on Tuesday, but getting all the way to Zibo or even Qufu in one day, though doable, is not my idea of a fun ride. So I'm thinking I'll get myself to northern Jiangsu on Tuesday, then could be in Qufu by midday Wednesday if you wanted to meet up there and do some riding together, and further recreation in the evening in Zibo.

It's been years and years since my last visit to Zibo, but I remember it as being a nice, self-confident and fun town.

I can't imagine it's too hard to get to Beijing from Zibo in one day, right?

I'll PM you my contacts.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #19 Re: sourcing tires insidie China 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    I can't imagine it's too hard to get to Beijing from Zibo in one day, right?
    Zibo to BJ is perfectly doable in a day. My phone no is your inbox and we would like to welcome you to the capital and the mountain roads around it
    Andy

10. #20 Re: sourcing tires insidie China 
    Hi there, I am just brwosing Taobao to find some knobby tires for my JH-150 GY-3 and I am confused.
    My current front tire is 90/90-19 and the rear 110/90-17. So I know that the last figure refers to the size of the wheel in inches, the first figure is the tire width. The figure in the middle is something like the section proportion. But what does it actually mean and why can't I find any knobby tires for my bike on Taobao? Is it ok if the first and last numbers are the same but the middle one is slightly different?

Any explanations highly appreciated!
    ------------------------------
    JH-150GY-3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast