Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Qingqi Tracker

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Qingqi Tracker 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    It's a copy of the Suzuki Grass Tracker....
    I wrote it earlier - perhaps the most appropriate name for the "Qingqgi", (to be in line with the Suzuki's logic) would be "Grass Smoker".
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #22 Re: Qingqi Tracker 
    They call it a Grass Tracker after the sport, I believe its done primarily in Britain …that being Grass Track Racing, they still do it, the track has two straights and two curves. Its on turf…hence the name Grass Tracker. http://www.grasstrack.net/

Its a TU250 they made a few version of them...maybe its just me that sees the logic?
    Last edited by MJH; 07-22-2010 at 04:21 AM.

3. #23 Re: Qingqi Tracker 
    I also have a lot of affection for these 1970’s Honda SL’s….
    Last edited by MJH; 12-01-2011 at 05:58 AM.

4. #24 Re: Qingqi Tracker 
    very late to add my 2 pence to this but that is sold as the Sinnis Trackstar inthe UK the tyres look big int he pictures but seeing them up close its like looking at a scaled down CG125

5. #25 Re: Qingqi Tracker 
    Yes, the Qingqi frame is to small, Suzuki made a larger frame and called it the Grass Tracker GB “Big Boy”. The smaller version was the Grass Tracker G.

They were called TU250 GB and TU250 G.
    http://www.suzukicycles.org/TU-serie...stracker.shtml

The TU came stock with 3.00-18 tires front and rear.

The Qingqi has a 16” rear and a 19” front tire, not sure what profile the tires are, it only is a 125cc. I’d say a nice alternative to a typical CB125 type learner bike, but not something that would hold an enthusiast for long.

The TU250GB with a 249cc 15kw engine would satisfy more and for longer, the 18” wheels with tires just wide enough for decent cornering without being cumbersome in tight places. The TU is still a small bike but just not as small as the Qingqi.

TU250GB

I like the Chuck Taylor's....

6. #26 Re: Qingqi Tracker 
    The engine on the TU250GB is the same engine that is employed on the Suzuki GZ250. That model was not imported this year to the USA. That does not mean it has been discontinued, just that inventory is high and when that happens they stop importing them.

http://www.gz250bike.com/spec.htm

The GZ250 is said to be the most common model chosen by ridding schools. Its a learners bike it is small and easy to handle. But it is also said to be incredibly boring by many and I am one of them.

The engine is made in china by WONJAN that has a formal relationship with Suzuki, however Suzuki claims that the engine on the GZ250 is sourced from a Japanese plant. The actual assembly of the GZ is done in Spain.

Wonjan representatives will not sell the engine, they only offer it for sale in their models. One of them is a GN250 and the other a WJ250GY. Wonjan sold the GN250 in china under the Suzuki brand name.
    http://www.classicmotorcycles.org.uk...zuki_gn250.htm

WJ250GY

I like the engine and also the use of it on the TU250GB….not to be confused with the TU250X which has a different engine and also a different frame. That engine is also being manufactured in china by Jinan Qingqi, however the EFI vesion of that engine offered in the USA is manufactured in Japan. It is a 249cc 2-valve with nearly the same power output as the 4-valve version manufactured by Wonjan.

That is the engine you will see on the 250 version of the Sinnis Apache…the Qingqi obviously.
    http://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/news/
    Last edited by MJH; 05-22-2011 at 03:58 AM.

7. #27 Re: Qingqi Tracker 
    not too bad i guess but the power is abit low for a 250cc my Rieju marathon pro 125 SM that im getting on thursday will be rated at 20.1bhp once iv run it in and deristricted the CDI and air box and yes its a 4 stroke engine this power is due to it being a 4 valve liquid cooled Minarelli/yamaha unit, in terms of wheel sizes its got 17' wheels both froint and back. when i first get it it'll be restricted to 15bhp for learner limits in the UK should have my full license in a few weeks and run the engine in for it to handle the 20.1bhp

8. #28 Re: Qingqi Tracker 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    not too bad i guess but the power is abit low for a 250cc my Rieju marathon pro 125 SM that im getting on thursday will be rated at 20.1bhp once iv run it in and deristricted the CDI and air box and yes its a 4 stroke engine this power is due to it being a 4 valve liquid cooled Minarelli/yamaha unit, in terms of wheel sizes its got 17' wheels both froint and back. when i first get it it'll be restricted to 15bhp for learner limits in the UK should have my full license in a few weeks and run the engine in for it to handle the 20.1bhp
    It is also a DOHC....whats the price $5,000.00?

9. #29 Re: Qingqi Tracker 
    well they retail at £3300-£3500 but i got £300 punds off since its a ex demo zero miles unregistered that got it down to £3000 but then i got a offer of £800 for my scooter for part exchange so thats £2200 in total for her amazing price for a trick piece of kit a Keihin CVK 30 carb, Marzocchi USD forks aluminium frame, plus at that price its half the price of the yamaha WR125 in the UK which cannot make that 20.1bhp since thats fuel injection and doesnt have the flash looking USD forks. its around $3580 in US dollars

10. #30 Re: Qingqi Tracker 
    3,500 pounds is $5,700.00

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast