Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CQR 250

1. #1 CQR 250 
    Dongying Shandong China moving to Qingdao
    My new CQR 250 two days ago I love it. Light wight a bit tall good handing on and off road good power. 7100 base as shown 8030 plus 700 for delivery and all the paper work. Today the 17 inch rims should get here. I want to get inverted forks swap on the ECU and get HID lights. I want to know what should I do to get more power, and what are the best size and Chinese tires for supermoto street riding, the guy at the shop says 130's are the way to go google says 150 to 170's. Also if you know any good bike shops in Qingdao.
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: CQR 250 
    Congrats on the new ride! Seems really good value for 7100, gotta be one of the cheapest 250s in China. Does it have a 223, 233 or 249cc engine?

I only live down the road in Zibo if you want to have a ride drop me a PM.

From experience loving a Chinese bike out of the box is one thing, loving it after 10,000 kms is quite another. Not saying it will definitely go wrong, but they often have some niggles, torquing and loctiting the engine and suspension bolts and changing the engine oil at this stage is a good idea. Also using a western fuel filter, Chinese fuel has impurities as it is mostly unfiltered from the station, and many Chinese fuel filters are almost useless (due to the size of the paper micro pores).

If it were my bike and I wanted to run it as a motard I'd use tubeless rims that match up well with regularly used good quality China tires. Copying the Sakura sizes across from a YBR250 would be a sensible idea if you want to go 17 inch; front 100/80-17, rear 130/70-17. Bigger sizes might be better in some ways, but if there are not good quality tires or available on import only, or rare as hens teeth locally it could be a pain.

Sometimes just changing the spark plug to an imported NGK plug and running an NGK HT lead can improve the bikes spark and be and be a simple noticeable improvement, other times it makes no noticeable difference. Playing with the carb and air filter may make the bike slightly more powerful, but just dumping more fuel into the carb by using bigger jets, raising needles and increasing idle richness (many people do this) actually makes the bike slower. Sometimes Chinese bikes have restrictive exhausts, sometimes these are just baffles and spacers to reduce emissions, reduce noise and gain some torque. It's certainly worth inspecting the exhaust first and thinking about an after market clip-on air filter. Benefits gained depend on each bike specifically though.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

3. #3 Re: CQR 250 
    Dongying Shandong China moving to Qingdao
    The bikes 249cc my friends Jailing 250 was 4700 new. Where can you get a western fuel filter? The NKG wire kit should be here tomorrow and my new CDI should be here in a few weeks and a new exhaust will be here this afternoon. I wanted to know changing the camshaft to a racing cam is that a good idea?