Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Hello hello!

1. #1 Hello hello! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hello guys, greetings from Uruguay, South America!

I'm here doing some research on chinese motorcycles since they are a huge interrogation sign to me - they've been importing some of them to my country since recent years - but I realized that I know like nothing on them (or China!) so, here I am, trying to learn a bit.

I only have little experience with bikes, driving occasionaly someone else's bike and what not, or the 50ccs that we have in the house (Zanella, Derbi scooter, classic Piaggio Bravo...)... but even driving those little things puts a smile on my face, so, why not drive something bigger? why not china made? so here I am, trying to form a more educated opinion on these things. From what I've seen so far, I'd love to have a Qingqi Motard...

Don't yell at me if you see some really n00b questions posted around! hehehe

2. #2 Re: Hello hello! 
    Yeah, welcome mate. Do Kinlon sell down your way? The motard riders here in Aus seem to like them and I have the R/T which is OK. I see you have chipped in a bit around the place already, great. Don't worry about Noob questions, some of us older blokes have to ask them because we forget things or are going senile, you should fit right in. For instance yesterday outside the cafe I sat like a fool really glad I was wearing a full face and sunnies to hide my blushes, trying to start the 'bike over and over until I realised the obvious, 'kill switch' had got knocked. I keep on doing that to my embarrassment, but don't ever seem to learn to look at that, never had 'kill switches' on bikes when I learnt, we called them ignitions in those days and that was enough.

3. #3 Re: Hello hello! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    Yeah, welcome mate. Do Kinlon sell down your way? The motard riders here in Aus seem to like them and I have the R/T which is OK. I see you have chipped in a bit around the place already, great. Don't worry about Noob questions, some of us older blokes have to ask them because we forget things or are going senile, you should fit right in. For instance yesterday outside the cafe I sat like a fool really glad I was wearing a full face and sunnies to hide my blushes, trying to start the 'bike over and over until I realised the obvious, 'kill switch' had got knocked. I keep on doing that to my embarrassment, but don't ever seem to learn to look at that, never had 'kill switches' on bikes when I learnt, we called them ignitions in those days and that was enough.

HEHEHEHE, thanks for the welcome jape :)

I think it's possible that they're selling the Kinlons rebadged as something else... these ones look very similar, I think:

http://www.kinlon.com.au/super_moto.php
    http://www.zanella.com.ar/sitio/moto...t200motard.php

4. #4 Re: Hello hello! 
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

5. #5 Re: Hello hello! 
    C-Moto Regular
    hello hello moilami!

I'm honestly amazed at the information that I've found reading old threads in this forum. Really fantastic stuff about China and its motorcycles (just finished reading one of those big threads about the Galaxy XTR250).

6. #6 Re: Hello hello! 
    the best way to know china is to visit her. greeting from Shenzhen.

7. #7 Re: Hello hello! 
    Hi PandaBeat, sorry for the late welcome! I just want to say your forum name is absolutely brilliant.

I have decided that i will call my firstborn PandaBeat.

8. #8 Re: Hello hello! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Hi PandaBeat, sorry for the late welcome! I just want to say your forum name is absolutely brilliant.

I have decided that i will call my firstborn PandaBeat.

I get that a lot.... HAHAHA not really!; thanks for the warm welcome.

:-)