Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: JH600 Repair Manual 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    BTW, I also now have the repair manual in hand (thanks for informing us and giving us the contact details euphonius) ... AND (drum roll please) I also have an e-copy. But it is a huge set of pics totaling about 30 MB. Sorry, I am always a little late off the mark.

I can see that a winter project will be translating the manual into English.

2. #12 Re: JH600 Repair Manual 
    Lao Jia Hou,
    It is great to hear there is an electronic copy existing. I am impressed with your ability to get the impossible done!

I actually am happy to have this in Chinese as it worked well for me to go from the picture to actual Chinese descriptions when I ordered my last parts.

I did not realize you had the JH600 too, Glad to hear of more people getting one. Keep us updated on your experiences.
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

3. #13 Re: JH600 Repair Manual 
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
    Lao Jia Hou,
    It is great to hear there is an electronic copy existing.
    I can share my toys if I can figure out how to transmit 30mb files. The pics are .jpg and I tried to edit them in Fireworks, but for some reason Fireworks doesn't recognize them. It is project # 725 to figure that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
    I did not realize you had the JH600 too, Glad to hear of more people getting one. Keep us updated on your experiences.
    Well, I am just a neophyte with the JH600 - only 500 kms on it so far - but, so far, so good. Like every bike, it has good points and not-so-good points. The HUGE advantage for me is that it can be legally registered/insured in the center of Beijing (京A plates)

I've been closely watching all of the expert comments about the JH600 (thank you CC, a million times thank you for this website). The bike piqued my interest for many reasons so I decided to pick one up. I've got a black one, just a few weeks old.

And you may be interested to know that I am also purchasing the JH600B (the sidecar version) ... so my "updates" will be on a comparison between the two, as well as comparison with the typical rides in the PRC.

I want to run my JH600 without any modifications for a while to really get to know it. And then I will gradually start changing things to see what is a "must have", what is a "nice to have" and what might just be "bling". Nothing wrong with "bling", by the way.

Anyways, if all goes well, during August or September I will be taking the JH600 through the North East, hugging parts of the North Korean & Russian borders, etc. I lived/worked for several years in Heilongjiang and rode a Chang (and other things) through much of the North East (summer & winter)

Anyone want to come along for some sightseeing? The North Korean border area is quite interesting, with great scenery to the north, and unbelievably depressing scenery to the south.

4. #14 Re: JH600 Repair Manual 
    021..jpgIt sounds like you are a great resource for China riding! I will be taking time this fall to ride in Texas and the Colorado mountains so I cannot make it to North China in the next few months. HOWEVER< I am seriously looking at the Edelweiss China tour in the spring. I have had great luck in the past with this group.
    http://www.edelweissbike.com
    Maybe we can meet up then.

I think we have the same opinion of the JH600 so far. I will be interested to hear how you like the B version. Post some pictures of your 2 wheel version when you get a chance. I also agree the best thing about the bike is being able to legally register anywhere while not spending US$20K+ for a bike with semi large displacement.

If you make it down to Nanjing, let me know.
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

5. #15 Re: JH600 Repair Manual 
    Sorry for the tardy reply - life just gets in the way.

The Jialing service centre (Beijing) where I bought my JH600 is also the base operations for Edelweiss. An English-speaking guy named Rick seems to be managing it. Nice chap who seems quite knowledgeable. They have a crop of BMW GS 1200s that they use, as well as some JH600s. Frankly, inside China, I think the BMW bikes are overkill for the interesting little adventures. Years ago, I had an BMW 1150 that I took through Northern Canada and more than once I wished I had a Honda 90 in the sloppy muck. Using my BMW was like trying to navigate an elephant down a hutong. In fact, I sometimes think the JH600 might be a bit too big & top-heavy also.

Had to rethink the North Korea border because flooding has damaged the border road in a few areas - looking at Inner Mongolia now and then up to the Chinese "North Pole" (Mohe) and then somehow getting back down.

I finally bought a camera ... so once I figure out how to remove the nuclear-proof Chinese plastic wrapping from the box, I will try and get some pics of my black beauty up here.

Nanjing is somewhere south of Beijing, right? I've heard stories from friends in Beijing that there are hungry dragons that live south of the city! And dragons find us foreigners especially tasty, particularly with vinegar, albeit a little fatty.

6. #16 Re: JH600 Repair Manual 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    BTW, I also now have the repair manual in hand (thanks for informing us and giving us the contact details euphonius) ... AND (drum roll please) I also have an e-copy. But it is a huge set of pics totaling about 30 MB. Sorry, I am always a little late off the mark.

I can see that a winter project will be translating the manual into English.
    Hello Lao Jia Hou.

Can you, please, send me an e-copy? my email is: hachondo@hotmail.com, i know that this file have 30mb but donīt worry, you can use www.hotfile.com to upload the file. Can you understand me?

THANKS!!!
    MY BUGGY JOCSPORTS 600cc engine Jailing JH600

7. #17 Re: JH600 Repair Manual 
    Hi - what I actually have is the JH600 Parts Manual, now in pdf format (about 7 MB). I've emailed it to you.

Cheers
    Richard

8. #18 Re: JH600 Repair Manual 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Hi - what I actually have is the JH600 Parts Manual, now in pdf format (about 7 MB). I've emailed it to you.

Cheers
    Richard
    Itīs ok, thanks very much.

email: hachondo@hotmail.com

9. #19 Re: JH600 Repair Manual 
    Hi artop
    In fact, i found you everywhere we talk about Jialing 600 engine.

10. #20 Re: JH600 Repair Manual 

SANSONI7 you are a very GOOD MAN!!

iīm looking for a clutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is very urgent

some help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast