Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Racing chinese bikes 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Has anyone heard of a race for these chinese manufactured bikes?
    I have setup my BigBoy Zooka SRC250 so we can do a few laps on an enduro track/mx track.

Any comments/tips?

2. #2 Re: Racing chinese bikes 
    Yeah I have heard of ChinaV Open and CrazyCarl Classics. More details can be found in this forum.

3. #3 Re: Racing chinese bikes 
    C-Moto Guru
    These guys racing the Shineray XY250-GY2 in Sweden: http://www.defendamoto.com/

4. #4 Re: Racing chinese bikes 
    Sirkku has used Skyteam for Enduro racing: http://www.kolumbus.fi/sivutie/index.htm

Mods she recommends for Skyteam: http://www.kolumbus.fi/sivutie/ST200_enskaksi.htm

There will be next week Finnish national enduro race in Mikkeli I don't participate but have plans to do a ninja test drive of the track.

It will be interesting to see how many enduro world champions will come to Mikkeli. We have plenty of those, most notable being Juha Salminen (born 27 September, 1976 in Vantaa). He is a 12-time World Enduro Champion (including the overall world championship titles from 2000 to 2004) and has also won the German championship (1998) and the Spanish championship (2000-2002). In motocross, he won the Finnish championship in 2002. In addition to his personal titles, Salminen is a five-time winner of the International Six Days Enduro (ISDE) World Trophy with Team Finland.

Kari "Mr. Enduro" Tiainen (born 26 August, 1966 in Riihimäki). He is a seven-time World Enduro Champion and held the record for most wins in the world championship (77), until the record was broken by compatriot Juha Salminen during the 2008 season.[1] Tiainen has also participated in several national championships, becoming a four-time German and two-time Finnish and Spanish champion.
    In addition to his personal world titles, he has won the International Six Days Enduro (ISDE) World Trophy for Finland in 1996, 1998, 1999 and 2003. He was the fastest rider in the 500 cc class in 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 and 1999. In 1999, he also drove for Finland in the Race of Champions, alongside Tommi Mäkinen and JJ Lehto, and the team won the Nations' Cup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kari_Tiainen
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juha_Salminen

Awesome enduro drivers we have in Finland, yet the media totally ignores them and puts all attention on some crappy F1 and WRC drivers Pisses me big time. Media here is more interested to tell where Kimi Räikkönen was last seen drunken or where Mika Häkkinen ate breakfast with his new Austrian(?) girl than to tell that Finnish driver won yet again international enduro championship -.-

5. #5 Re: Racing chinese bikes 
    Yeah. right...

Only Matti is the one who really flies...
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

6. #6 Re: Racing chinese bikes 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Oh well we have enduro races every second weekend, and it is not iffy terrain. I am taking out my modified Apollo AGB-36 (250cc class) for clubmans, everyone said the chinese bike won't hold together and it would brake down on the first try - everyone was laughing. But when I finished 7th in my class a lot of the guys sat up and took notice of my chinese 250 thumper.
    I will post up pics when mt wife downloads the pics.

7. #7 Re: Racing chinese bikes 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by andre555 View Post
    These guys racing the Shineray XY250-GY2 in Sweden: http://www.defendamoto.com/
    Yeah, I am looking at the Shineray guys, but their riders have got a Honda CRF250 they race with? What?.......

There is another company that makes their own bikes, the recently released a 300cc - go have a look at http://www.puzey.co.za
    They seem to have promise in their MX and enduro bikes.

8. #8 Re: Racing chinese bikes 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Yeah. right...

Only Matti is the one who really flies...

xD Used to be so, novadays Matti sings.

One good thing in not following fashion is that you don't look ridiculous in 10 years old pictures.

9. #9 Re: Racing chinese bikes 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yeah well, here is a few pics of me racing the hell outa the poor 250, you can't see it but there is a Honda CRF250 chasing me, that thing is scary fast.
    DSCI1942..JPGDSCI1935..JPG

10. #10 Re: Racing chinese bikes 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    There is no reason that a Chinese bike can’t be competitive in many forms of racing the trick is to tune and setup properly. I advise many new bike owners to strip their new bike to a bare frame and start from there. My own Chinese race bike (mini motard) has been ridden for 2 seasons with no motor rebuild when it was stock. During that time it won more than it’s fair share of races. Then once it was realy down on compression I rebuilt it to 13.8/8 comp bore from 57 to 60mm to a total of 160cc it now produces just on 20 hp, since that rebuild it has done some 50 hours of track time with out skipping a beat. It will soon be changed over to be a mini motox bike and see how long it can last in the dirt or how long I can hang on to it in the dirt which ever comes first. Key elements to tuning many Chinese bikes for competition are to change to a decent carb (OKO are great value) and build a well tuned exhaust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast