Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Spaldashery: The Chinese Way? Or just mainland China? 
    So I go to the doctor because I've got and infected cut on my arm, quite common in this hot and humid weather. I go to see the doctor at a clinic who is better than 98% of the hospital doctors. Treatment was OK, having treated my own wounds before....but the dressing! The sticky dressing first fell of in about 30 seconds, the next one she tried to wrap around the whole arm in sections. This one lasted about 4 minutes. Then I went back and she wrapped a whole piece of sticky dressing around it and tried to hold it down with extra strips of super narrow surgical tape. This one made it about 30 minutes. Then I remembered! I have some plasters, dressing and surgical tape from the UK in a drawer at home so I dress my own wound... and it's still on my arm 6 hours later and going strong!

So why can I do a better job of doing something than someone who's job it is to do that thing? Why is this the hundredth thing? Why can I go to a bar, and I can pour a better beer than the barman? I go to a servo, but I can fill my own bike without spilling fuel all over my tank? I can change my oil without leaving 30% of the old oil in the bike and then overfilling it? I can paint a wall without leaving paint splatter for a 100 yard radius? I know that low grade steel window bars will leave brown streaks in a few months? Are these people having a laugh at my expense because I'm a foreigner? Is there something going on I can't understand?
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

2. #2 Re: Spaldashery: The Chinese Way? Or just mainland China? 
    Don't get paranoid, as Mr. Pfaelzer once said: edikashun, edikashun, edikashun. It is not just in China that you find a whole generation that doesn't know better in terms of direct knowledge and training, it is a generation or more in this world that doesn't care. Political and economic factors have ruined the whole world. The fact that you know better, I know better and some small percentage of our social groupings may know better is just the remnant of education and training left over as the world dies. Previously the 'education' was provided in order that the menial and slave classes could better do what was required of them; the ideals of equality and furtherance of humankind were just that, ideals never attained or seriously sought after. The technically trained classes have got lost as the great unwashed masses of breeders surged over and (so they thought) became the new middle class. In fact they are just the pampered serfs of a failing and perverse system and will end up drinking their own blood and eating the limbs of their neighbours.

Such is life. I suggest you stash away some good boots, a gun, a sharp sword, a bow and arrow and lots more good quality bandages and some disinfectant. And a fire starter stick. Food will come easily enough if you are not squeamish about where you find your daily flesh - just kill them as they try and come through the door and rusted windows, stick the heads on a row of stakes out front as a warning to others then when things settle down a bit move to the hills, kill the male inhabitants of a village, enslave a few of the stronger women and emasculated boys to build a stone tower over a well and then you can just breed a lot. You can also by then have a musician or two and become a patron of the arts, a jester to bring humour and life back to the world while you fuck, eat, kill and repeat. It can be fun, doesn't have to be all gloom and suffering mate.

3. #3 Re: Spaldashery: The Chinese Way? Or just mainland China? 
    HAHAHAHA, great fantasy Jape A modern day Robinson Crusoe.

I wonder to whom that "truth" is appropriate? According to Irwing Kristol "there are different kinds of truths for different kinds of people. There are truths appropriate for children; truths that are appropriate for students; truths that are appropriate for educated adults; and truths that are appropriate for highly educated adults, and the notion that there should be one set of truths available to everyone is a modern democratic fallacy. It doesn't work."

You should actually become a movie director or writer. I bet you could write a good book but since the target group doesn't read any books it would not be a good business. You must make a movie, or write a book and sell the rights to make a movie of the book so that the playstation generation can watch it and you profit.

By the way, did you know that according to one study university students today feel 40% less empathy than uni students 20 or 30 years ago?

http://education-portal.com/articles...k_Empathy.html

I wait for the day when the most common reply in Internet forums is /care.

4. #4 Re: Spaldashery: The Chinese Way? Or just mainland China? 
    The more people I meet the more I like my dog!!
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido