Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Where to get motorcycle riders license in Shanghai? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Ah, the plot thickens. Let's really focus on this and get all the right dope in one place. This is really valuable for folks who remain unlicensed....

Interesting that these health checks are all stupidly perfunctory wherever you get them.

thanks again, and cheers.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #22 Re: Where to get motorcycle riders license in Shanghai? 
    Yea innit, but you have to get them from different places to do different things and give everybody pictures and photocopies. From me alone the govt. have two health checks, countless photographs, photcopies of visas and suchlike. We all must have our own boxes deep down in the bowels or many smaller files scattered around. Someone should explain to those over-ripe decision makers how this new "inter-net" thingy works and how to share information. Would save a lot o man hours (although I guess the money-motivation to save man hours is a bit weak) and bother and maybe some of the the paper pushers could be out busting everyone who cuts corners and overtakes/turns left without looking..... and skips the queue yea!

3. #23 Re: Where to get motorcycle riders license in Shanghai? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by corporal_clegg View Post
    Yea innit, but you have to get them from different places to do different things and give everybody pictures and photocopies. From me alone the govt. have two health checks, countless photographs, photcopies of visas and suchlike. We all must have our own boxes deep down in the bowels or many smaller files scattered around. Someone should explain to those over-ripe decision makers how this new "inter-net" thingy works and how to share information. Would save a lot o man hours (although I guess the money-motivation to save man hours is a bit weak) and bother and maybe some of the the paper pushers could be out busting everyone who cuts corners and overtakes/turns left without looking..... and skips the queue yea!
    Ah, but think of the satisfaction and bragging rights that come with having run the gauntlet! (Yes, I've been in China waaaay too long.)
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #24 Re: Where to get motorcycle riders license in Shanghai? 
    C-Moto Noob
    I had my license and I used the app China Drive http://thinknao.com/appContent.php?appId=34, this is for iPhone, iPad and Android. And no this is not a promotional post, just sharing as it is easier to have it on your phone than to use the 300+ pages pdf.

I just got my driving license for cars, now moving to the motorbike; hope it will be smooth.

5. #25 Re: Where to get motorcycle riders license in Shanghai? 
    Thanks for the tip kunlun, hopefully someone who needs it might see your post. Looks like a handy app!

6. #26 Re: Where to get motorcycle riders license in Shanghai? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi,

I just got my car driving license (about a month ago, it was a transfert from a french one), I called several driving school and some told me I can not pass my motorbike license before 1 year (which will force me to retake the test). Anybody knows if that is right? If not, do you have a school to propose me?

Thanks in advance.

7. #27 Re: Where to get motorcycle riders license in Shanghai? 
    Quote Originally Posted by kunlun View Post
    Hi,

I just got my car driving license (about a month ago, it was a transfert from a french one), I called several driving school and some told me I can not pass my motorbike license before 1 year (which will force me to retake the test). Anybody knows if that is right? If not, do you have a school to propose me?

Thanks in advance.
    Am no thats just not true man. I got mine in three months. So did most people. Most of it is waiting for the written test (2-3 weeks) the the driving training and test (wait is bout 3-4 weeks i think) then the training and test takes about a month i think it was. I went to jinqiu 金球 driving school in hongqiao. I have posted the details on this site somewhere. Either in this thread or it was with euphonius' thread or some other driving licence thread.

Now the reason I am looking at this topi is that my gf is going to get her licence now soon and she's a (real) teacher ie. she works days so I'm wondering if anyone has done it at jinqiu school recently, know someone who has or the realy question is does anyone remember which days exactly you had to go for the training and tests?

Btw Im going to go get a three wheel licence and car licence too. Yay!!

8. #28 Re: Where to get motorcycle riders license in Shanghai? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks corporal_clegg, I just called them and they told me the same; I have to wait a year before i can do it. It looks like it changed perhaps... If anybody had more information about it please let me know.

9. #29 Re: Where to get motorcycle riders license in Shanghai? 
    C-Moto Noob
    I am still looking around to get the motorbike license, but still have the same answer (need to wait 1 year after the car license in order to take it)...anybody had the same issue? If not, how did you dealt with?

10. #30 Re: Where to get motorcycle riders license in Shanghai? 
    Did you go to the licensing bureau directly? There are two. One in Hongkou (I think on Guangdong Road) and the other in Xingchuang (?). My whole process took 3 months:

Health test (Day 1) and school registration (two different places)
    Written Test ( a few weeks later)
    Motorcycle lesson phase 1 (few weeks later)
    Motorcycle lesson phase 1 test (1 month later)
    Motorcycle lesson phase 2 (1 week later)
    Motorcycle lesson phase 2 test (1 month later)
    Receive motorcycle license (if pass - 2 weeks later)

So actually the whole process takes much longer. Maybe 4 months, from the day you start to the day you actually receive the license in hand. But certainly not 1 year.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast