Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
  1. #141 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    For anyone else in Oz wanting parts I got onto a mob called EZBuy as mentioned above.
    Placed the order for Belt, rollers and 4 filters , all matching part numbers and delivered it came to $284.07aud , $29 of which was their fee , $54 was freight and they claim to have it to me in " Typically it will takes 3-4 days for items reach to our warehouse. When we received the items, we will arrange shipment to send out items and it would takes 7-10 days by economy air shipping. " (snipped from email)

They also use PayPal which is a plus

Best price I got from dealers here was $563 + freight from Melb. so a considerable saving if it all goes to plan.

2. #142 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Bikerdoc, how did you "lock" the CVT so as to do the final torque of the nuts on the CVT?
    According to my interpretation of the manual the front is 60~65N.m and rear is 70~75N.m

There is mention in the manual (section 5-18) of a "especial tools and method 2-15" for releasing the nuts (yes I saw you used a rattle gun) so I am thinking the same special tool will be needed to hold them for cranking to correct torque settings.
    Again looking in the manual at special tools (section 1-17) tool 2 is a "CVT Standstill Locking" used for "remove/install CVT Driver,driven plate nut.

Could this be one of these? http://thirdgear.com.au/adjustable-pulley-holder/
    And if so do you see slots in the case where the tines/prongs could be inserted?

The reason I am asking is because I dont have a rattle gun and one to do the job here will cost $100 or more
    I do have sockets, breaker bars and torque wrench already so if this $25 tool works i'll get it instead.

Yeah, on further investigation that tool above won't help get the CVT cover off but this thread on a vespa forum may.
    It shows a similar CVT cover to the Jetmax and how they get their cover off without a rattle gun - very simple
    http://modernvespa.com/forum/wiki-gt...a-installation
    Last edited by seven of nine; 07-26-2015 at 01:56 PM.

3. #143 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
    For anyone else in Oz wanting parts I got onto a mob called EZBuy as mentioned above.
    Placed the order for Belt, rollers and 4 filters , all matching part numbers and delivered it came to $284.07aud , $29 of which was their fee , $54 was freight and they claim to have it to me in " Typically it will takes 3-4 days for items reach to our warehouse. When we received the items, we will arrange shipment to send out items and it would takes 7-10 days by economy air shipping. " (snipped from email)

Best price I got from dealers here was $563 + freight from Melb. so a considerable saving if it all goes to plan.
    That is a good saving. Will they be able to get parts for other CFMoto models such as 650TK?
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

4. #144 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    That is a good saving. Will they be able to get parts for other CFMoto models such as 650TK?
    Had a quick look, there were CFMoto 650tk parts there
    http://s.taobao.com/search?q=cfmoto+...150728&ie=utf8

5. #145 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Bikerdoc, how did you "lock" the CVT so as to do the final torque of the nuts on the CVT?
    According to my interpretation of the manual the front is 60~65N.m and rear is 70~75N.m

There is mention in the manual (section 5-18) of a "especial tools and method 2-15" for releasing the nuts (yes I saw you used a rattle gun) so I am thinking the same special tool will be needed to hold them for cranking to correct torque settings.
    Again looking in the manual at special tools (section 1-17) tool 2 is a "CVT Standstill Locking" used for "remove/install CVT Driver,driven plate nut.

Could this be one of these? http://thirdgear.com.au/adjustable-pulley-holder/
    And if so do you see slots in the case where the tines/prongs could be inserted?

The reason I am asking is because I dont have a rattle gun and one to do the job here will cost $100 or more
    I do have sockets, breaker bars and torque wrench already so if this $25 tool works i'll get it instead.

Yeah, on further investigation that tool above won't help get the CVT cover off but this thread on a vespa forum may.
    It shows a similar CVT cover to the Jetmax and how they get their cover off without a rattle gun - very simple
    http://modernvespa.com/forum/wiki-gt...a-installation
    As PM'd I didn't use a torque wrench at all. Just used the portable Milwaukee electric impact driver, and marked the nut and surrounding surface. Have had the CVT apart up to half a dozen times, and my method seems to work okay. Mate has done the same or similar on his Jetmax. Don't think there needs to be too much over-thinking. The Modern Vespa link looks interesting and might be a viable option. Let us know how you get on should you try it...
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

6. #146 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular

UPDATE

Just got the email, all looks promising so far

Freight ended up being CHEEEEEEP so smiles all round there.
    Dear customer,

Your order #XXXXXXX has been shipped out by economy air shipment with tracking numberXXXXXX.
    The estimated time of arrival is on about 8Aug, 2015. You'll get another email notification once parcel is ready for collection.

The chargeable weight for this parcel is 0.8kg, the international shipping fee only cost AU$8. The extra international shipping fee as well as the corresponding service charge has been deposited into your prepay account. You could check in My wallet.

Thank you.

------------------
    Sincerely,

EZbuy team
    and yes, in my Prepaid wallet (whatever the hell that is) I have
    My Wallet
    My Prepaid Balance
    AU$ 49.57
    Withdraw(Coming Soon..)
    Seems at this stage it sits there for next purchase but there'll have to be a way of getting it back into my PayPal acc.

7. #147 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    The Modern Vespa link looks interesting and might be a viable option. Let us know how you get on should you try it...
    Path of least resistance is a corded rattle gun and witness marks
    My knees, back and knuckles will thank me I am sure

8. #148 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    For anyone interested or considering using the above crowd at this stage I give them the thumbs up.
    Every step of the way had tracking for the items so I saw them arrive at depot in China, leave depot, arrive in Sydney, leave Sydney, arrive QLD and then an email from ezbuy saying they were ready for pickup at the pick up centre.
    They arrived in a box that wasn't crushed with all parts in original bags with CFmoto tags on them.
    25 July order and 4th Aug. delivered here all for $8 freight.
    Can't complain about that.

9. #149 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    I figured paying $200+ dollars for dropping the oil and giving the bike the once over, which I do every second day myself, was a bit of a rort so I have started doing the "servicing" myself.

Today was new oil and filter time.

The manual says to use a minimum of SG grade oil or an appropriate SAE (10w-30, 15w-40, 20w-50) oil and as I live in QLD where it is warmer I chose the 20w-50 and as it has a dry clutch, like so many I decided one without a picture of a bike on the bottle would be fine.

Valvoline XLD Premium ticked the box being better than SG grade (SL) and as the oil is dropped every 3000klm's at $9.99 for 5L (on special @ supercheap auto) I grabbed 10 litres.

I had a nagging doubt in the back of my mind about that oil so called the dealer to confirm it was ok to use that brand and weight of oil and for QLD they say not a problem

Expensive motul oil out, filter out and new stuff in and started it up.

Before it sounded a bit thumpy (but not in a bad way) like a single pot 250 sometimes does but now I could hardly hear it run it was so very smoooooth.

Check levels top it up and off for a ride.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I went for restart it had an error code show and reappear each time I turned on the ignition.
    Seems it is the maintenance warning light telling me its time to drop the oil, obviously a klm thing and not oil quality sensor.

Have reset instructions at hand so an easy fix.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Today was belt changing day.

Popular video on youtube shows taking a belt off without removing variator but there was no way in the world that was happening here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XakW...5x_ECb&index=7

Not really sure why they say the belt needs changing at 10,000 on this. There was no sign of wear and the width was less than 1mm different to the new one.

Inside the case was remarkably clean, I expected to see heaps of clutch or worn belt dust.

Roller weights show no sign of wear or size difference vs the new ones I had and no score marks or grooves in metal that they roll in so I didn't replace them.

I put witness marks on the nuts and bolt before taking them off so rattled back up to them , ran it for a while and then took it for a run and all seems fine.

Gearbox oil next which is the same oil as the engine.

Damnit, to drain the gearbox oil the CVT cover needs to come off and that means removing side step and panel, a dozen bolts and the rattle gun again for the clutch nut.

Undid the fill bolt and oil seeped out still looking clean so it can wait until next oil change I think.

10. #150 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Heres a better view of the culprit

Attachment 16233

What if instead of blocking or crimping the end I raised it so the oil drains back into the system but the breather still breathes?
    First time in a long time it started dripping oil again
    Went in for a look and oil sitting in tube up to second bolt head on left of the picture.
    Looked at the "special" breather valve in the end and had my suspicions which were proven correct when I removed it.

It was nothing more than a bog standard tyre valve cap.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast