Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. #91 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Hi JAyKay, great stuff. So where are the pictures? The golden rule of motorcycle forums is, - if there are no pictures then it doesn't exist... LOL.

It sounds then as though the shock extenders don't list the scoot as high as replacing the CST low profile radial tyres with regular radial tyres. When I did this the centre stand could not deploy to handle the increased ground clearance without modification.

Look forward to some photos and a RR before too long.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 08-05-2014 at 04:16 PM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

2. #92 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Hi JAyKay, great stuff. So where are the pictures? The golden rule of motorcycle forums is, - if they're no pictures then it doesn't exist... LOL.

It sounds then as though the shock extenders don't list the scoot as high as replacing the CST low profile radial tyres with regular radial tyres. When I did this the centre stand could not deploy to handle the increased ground clearance without modification.

Look forward to some photos and a RR before too long.
    Haha. Yes, you are right of course. H/W photo of extender in place.
    CameraZOOM-20140805093800275.jpg
    The bike sits nicely on the center stand when on level hard standing, however, if you are on the soft stuff or very uneven surface then I'd recommend using the side stand with a plastic support under it to stop sinking. With the reduced clearance created by the extenders the center stand will only tolerate about a centimeter of sinking before the bikes stability may be compromised.
    I'm really happy with this bikes performance so far and once I've got past the running in period I'm hoping there will be much more positive feedback to come.
    Just as postscript, the handling and feel of the bike has been positively effected by this upgrade. The steering now has a more precise feel to it and by reducing the compression of the rear shocks (mine are now set on 2nd level) a softer more comfortable ride can be had even with two up and fully loaded!

3. #93 Re: Bikerdocs 2010 CF250T-6A Jetmax Review 
    C-Moto Regular
    My 2014 model doesn't have the big white fuse which you made mention of connecting a charger to the ends of in another post?

I will run wires from the battery up to the same area and have bought this, one end in this area and the other on my battery charger

I would love to run heavier wire and put remote battery terminals in for jump starting but the cost of remote terminals seemed over the top considering what they are.

4. #94 Re: Bikerdocs 2010 CF250T-6A Jetmax Review 
    Interested to read that the '14 Jetmax does away with that main fuse hidden in the front cubby/locker. I suspect it might have been relocated elsewhere maybe on the inside of the tupperware? That fuse I refer to and as can just be seen in the right of the pic above, is an old glass cylindrical type, and very useful for using as a de-facto charging point. I have a trickle charger on it most of the time when the scoot is parked up. Getting at the battery is a right pain, lessened if one removes the front grill and associated tupperware etc.

I do know that there have been a few other mods concerning the brake design on the newer Jetmax models compared to the likes of mine, not sure on other mods though. The export model Jetmax's are fitted with adjustable rear pre-load shocks compared to the non-adjustable type for the domestic market model. The adjustable shocks are far more expensive compared to the non-adjustable type.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 09-22-2014 at 10:36 AM.
    - Pablo Picasso

5. #95 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    A friend has removed the riders backrest on his black Jetmax which has resulted in a much longer reach to the handle bars & more leg room. We're attempting to fabricate a better seat design that is more foreign friendly for our taller average heights/leg length.
    I have done the same and ride is better but there is a mounting block about 100mm x 50mm that the backrest attached to with zero foam on it that digs into my lower back on harder bumps.
    I have taken it to an upholsterer that just does bike seats and he said this is common on other breeds as well and he has cut them out without affecting seat strength.
    He took pics of me on the bike for positioning and will use a better quality and thicker (+25mm) foam, build up a backrest further back where I need it and recover so I hopefully will have a new version back in a few days.

Since about 6000km's the Jetmax has been leaving a small amount of oil on the garage floor when parked. At first I thought it was an engine leak, but have traced the oil to an oil breather hose which protrudes near belt drive housing & to the left in front of the rear wheel. I'm left to wonder why they didn't have the hose exiting back into the engine or sump, or into the air filter housing as is the norm on many motorcycles. Instead I have a small 20-30ml oil deposit that is growing in size nightly in my garage. Time for a small oil collection pan or I might explore an alternative way of collecting the oil at the end of the tube/hose.
    I have the same but only a drop or two running down I assume the inside of the rear guard and onto the floor.
    Or could that bump midscreen be an outlet? (off to check)
    I wiped it before going out this morning and 50klm later it looks like this again
    Capture.JPG
    The oil level is over the max fill mark so I am wondering if it'll stop when it gets down to the fill line.

6. #96 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Posted a reply but lost it when attempting to upload photos to this post...
    Aint going to rewrite it, so here's the screenshot of my typed reply.

Jetmax reply.jpg

But pictures speak a thousand words...

Jetmax tube.jpg

Jetmax tube 2.jpg
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #97 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Thanks for that, sounds like while the seat is in getting redone I get to do some mod's tomorrow.

8. #98 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    But I must ask, what's the point of a crankcase breather if it is then blocked off?

9. #99 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Heres a better view of the culprit

Capture.JPG

What if instead of blocking or crimping the end I raised it so the oil drains back into the system but the breather still breathes?

10. #100 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    The new seat.

That and the shockies wound off a notch from max and the bum is happier

Capture.JPG

Now, off to install those horns.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast