Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
  1. #151 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Hello, going to buy the Jetmax 250. I have thought to change the tyres with "Michelin City Grip". Do you have any suggestions?
    Many thanks in advance

2. #152 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I went from the OEM CST tyres to Bridgestone Battlax's as documented in this thread. This required some modification to the centre stand since the OEM tyres are low profile. The larger Bridgestone's clear the swingarm okay and there's enough room under the front mudguard/fender so I didn't need to raise that. I was okay with the OEM tyres (CST if my memory serves me correctly), though I did find that the rear tyre started to 'square off' approaching the 9-10K mark. Also I found that as the rear OEM tyre got closer to the 10K km mileage mark they were more prone to experience punctures. One such rear ended up with like 4-5 plugged punctures. I ended up pulling that tyre off and replacing it when it likely could have provided a further 2K km. I still have a new OEM rear tyre sitting in my garage but I prefer to fit the Bridgestones instead. Just a personal preference.

More than happy with the performance of the Bridgestones.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #153 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Hello, I have got my Jetmax last night, and of course start the problems. The engine does a weird sound as metallic (like a small bells I don't know how to describe). No matter if stopped or moving. The technician (Chinese) said that for a chinese scooter it is normal. So I have showed to him a video where there is the sound of the Jetmax engine totally normal. What this sound could be? Valves? or what? Could someone help me?
    Thanks in advance

4. #154 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi, I experienced a similar type of weird sound when using minor quality gasoline in one of my bikes some years back...maybe a first easy thing to check, if not yet done.

5. #155 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Thanks, I will check

6. #156 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ischel View Post
    Hi, I experienced a similar type of weird sound when using minor quality gasoline in one of my bikes some years back...maybe a first easy thing to check, if not yet done.
    Perhaps you had a lower octane/grade of petrol? Check out AKI = Anti Knock Index...
    my BMW GS has a AKI 87 means equivalent 91 RON. If use less than that then there will be an audible knock inside the engine (Some might refer to 'pinging' sound) especially under load. Gently does it... if one can only find a lower than recommended octane gasoline/petrol.
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #157 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Perhaps you had a lower octane/grade of petrol? Check out AKI = Anti Knock Index...
    my BMW GS has a AKI 87 means equivalent 91 RON. If use less than that then there will be an audible knock inside the engine (Some might refer to 'pinging' sound) especially under load. Gently does it... if one can only find a lower than recommended octane gasoline/petrol.
    Hello, in China there are only two kinds: 92 and 95. The shop gave me the motorcycle already full. So I don't know what there is inside. I normally in my old motorbike always use 95. Anyway the sound improves when the engine is warm. And I have checked also that during the going, the engine loses shots. Who knows, I am unlucky, I have never read about troubles with this model.
    Thanks for your answer.

8. #158 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    There is 92, 93, 95 & 97 octane available depending on location - it is also possible to still find 91 but very few locations now... remember in PRC there is no one rule or consistency.

Not sure what you mean by "loses shots"..? do you mean backfiring or popping on deceleration or similar?
    I'd think it prudent to be concerned with the 'sound' and get either the shop you bought it from to check it, or some other shop/technician (and I use that term 'technician' - tongue in cheek).

If the shop has another Jetmax or Jetlux, ask them to start it so you can all compare the sounds...
    Without being there and hearing what it is you try to describe - no way to know if it's normal sound or not...

Make a video of the scoot with the sound and post a link to it or something...?
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 02-24-2016 at 08:58 AM.
    - Pablo Picasso

9. #159 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayat60 View Post
    Hello, in China there are only two kinds: 92 and 95...
    Ur China is NOT the REAL 1
    MUST met GB17930-2013 http://www.anystandards.com/plus/dow...id=42980&cid=3 国IV 90,93,97 or 国V 89,92,95,98 in theory BUT http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-Shitty-petrol
    Last edited by humanbeing; 02-24-2016 at 06:37 AM.

10. #160 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    Ur China is NOT the REAL 1
    MUST met GB17930-2013 http://www.anystandards.com/plus/dow...id=42980&cid=3 国IV 90,93,97 or 国V 89,92,95,98 in theory BUT http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-Shitty-petrol
    I live in Tianjin and here only SINOPEC who sales only 92 and 95. Sorry but I cannot read the chinese link

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast