1. #121 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    It was these videos that put me onto that particular light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yetGKStxbFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyz8Hqt2oLY

2. #122 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
    Front shocks crashing on occasion is a bit of a concern, but google shows that many bikes of many brands have similar issues so I guess its something i'll live with unless anyone has suggestions?
    I had grown to live with this but today I am concerned no more.
    The brake hose on the left side has a metal spiral, spring type cover on it
    When I hit a sharp bump like a driveway edge it bangs into the mudguard and there are now several small grooves in the plastic from repeated hits making it easy to identify.

I got a bit of the material below, split it and wrapped the brake hose and put a couple of electrical ties on it and that's it, all gone.
    http://www.bunnings.com.au/k-flex-9-...tion-_p4920091

Incidentally, I have been using the above product as a poor mans "pussy grip" getting several sets for less than $4.
    They have talcum powder on them so they slide over the originals easily enough.
    Carpal tunnel when riding is gone and when I start to get the tingles after a few months its a 1 minute job to put on another set.

3. #123 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    I think it's related to an after market muffler I've fitted bought via taobao for cny100 which also backfires through the exhaust a lot on deceleration (indicating that fuel/air mix is running to lean - which given fuel injection and ECU management I'm not worried about playing around with). The muffler is louder and thus provides less back pressure, and since I doubt that there's any decent motorcycles mechanics with a dyno-jet or the like to calibrate the new muffler to air/fuel mixture and the EFI wizardry -it's a no brainer.
    Am looking to have a better after market exhaust fitted, perhaps a Lazer muffler for a Tmax, though if the gains are not worth it, I might just go back to the standard muffler.
    Hi, is it worth doing anything with the standard exhaust?

Aftermarket in Australia is not justified but I have seen some claiming drilling several extra holes in the back face, I guess to bring the 38mm in to around 38mm out Vs the current 16mm pipe to be of benefit to both performance and note.

I have seen no real evidence of this making a difference to performance and, if I needed to throw money at "tuning" I wouldn't be bothered.
    Thoughts?

4. #124 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    After experimenting with a couple after-market mufflers, and tending to find that on deceleration just as the scoot was coming to a stop (low rev's) with 'popping' (like little backfiring - just not anywhere near as loud) at the muffler. I decided to just go back to the standard muffler. Before I did swap back to the OEM muffler though I had a local certified CFMoto mechanic (his own workshop, no MC sales) plug in the computer module to the ECU/ECM to attempt to change parameters etc to try and stop the 'popping' - without success. Actually some of what the mechanic attempted I wasn't happy with (TIC LFZ!) but I won't go into that, as most other times the mechanic provided pretty good work for TIC. Unfortunately he eventually closed up shop and moved to a South East Asian country and is employed building car engines - if what he says is to be believed (TIC...).

I'd imagine that in different circumstances/location (e.g. a developed country) one could more easily find/seek out a custom made muffler etc. likely resulting in better results than my attempt. Though unsure if the ECU/ECM might need recalibrating. On my CF650TR the IXIL muffler (can) I fitted has worked flawlessly with the bike running fine. No 'popping' or such like, never touched the ECU/ECM.

Question is, is it worth it? Sometimes straying too far from 'standard' has its own pitfalls/limitations too.

YMMV.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

5. #125 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular

I'd imagine that in different circumstances/location (e.g. a developed country) one could more easily find/seek out a custom made muffler etc. likely resulting in better results than my attempt.
    Looking at some of the coinage being asked for a bike exhausts, let alone custom, it'd probably be cheaper to sell the jetmax and buy a 650 burgman with similar klms

Question is, is it worth it?
    Not if those are the only options, happy to stick with what it has.

Thanks for the reply

6. #126 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    No worries with the reply. As for the Burgy 650, I have owned three. NZ K4 model executive (sold) & bought a L4 in NZ, and still have a K7 here in PRC. No comparison between the AN650's and the Jetmax, I'd go with the 650.

IMO the Jetmax is okay, better than the average scoot from a local manufacturer here in PRC at the time when first released, and likely still holds its own compared with many of the locally made scoots today, however IMO it's not fully comparable to a Japanese 250cc scoot from any of the big 4. It's obvious that the Jetmax and even the more luxurious Jetlux is manufactured to a lower price point.
    Chalk & cheese as is said.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 07-06-2015 at 10:08 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #127 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    however IMO it's not fully comparable to a Japanese 250cc scoot from any of the big 4. It's obvious that the Jetmax and even the more luxurious Jetlax is manufactured to a lower price point.
    Chalk & cheese as is said.
    See, I disagree there.
    Before I bought mine I rode various bikes in the same dollar range, so second hand and aging Yamaha Majesty, Honda Forza, various Sym's a 400 burgman and a Tmax 500 and while some had more top end I think the Jetmax was equal or even better up to about 80kph, it felt better with the bigger tyres than most, fitted me better being a large wheelbase and low seat cruiser style and was a whole lot cheaper.
    Plus it was new and shiney with 2 years of warranty.

Of course if you are comparing a new $12,000+ Jap bike to a $4000 jetmax and weren't paying for it I would go the Jap bike every day of the week

8. #128 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    See, I disagree there.
    Before I bought mine I rode various bikes in the same dollar range, so second hand and aging Yamaha Majesty, Honda Forza, various Sym's a 400 burgman and a Tmax 500 and while some had more top end I think the Jetmax was equal or even better up to about 80kph, it felt better with the bigger tyres than most, fitted me better being a large wheelbase and low seat cruiser style and was a whole lot cheaper.

Of course if you are comparing a new $12,000+ Jap bike to a $4000 jetmax and weren't paying for it I would go the Jap bike every day of the week
    You pay for what you get. Most of the time, the cheaper one can do about 80+ % of what the Japanese or European scooters can do at half or one third the price. So it is up to you if you think if it is value for money.
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

9. #129 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    See, I disagree there.

Hi seven of Nine

Here is a picture of my rear lower swing arm on my CF Jetlux happen only after 5000 km from new, luck was on my side because I noticed the crack and was able to replace it with a new one . I am not the only person which has had this problem, a total failure could of been a life or death situation IMO.

Bike was less than a year old and all i got back from CF is " life is a bitch mate" and here is the bill for the new part.

Have you heard about a recall on this model ?

I am sure if this had been a Japanese made bike this would of been big news.

So please DONT EXPECT TO MUCH

Not sure if the Jetmax has the same design, worth a look

bike x.jpg

bikexx.jpg

bike.jpg
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

10. #130 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi seven of Nine

Here is a picture of my rear lower swing arm on my CF Jetlux happen only after 5000 km from new, luck was on my side because I noticed the crack and was able to replace it with a new one . I am not the only person which has had this problem, a total failure could of been a life or death situation IMO.

Bike was less than a year old and all i got back from CF is " life is a bitch mate" and here is the bill for the new part.
    Well, like bikerdoc said in post #75
    OK, the crack of the RHS rear sub swing-arm assembly is due to over stress. A big enough hit, like jumps and potholes will do that. Might have accumulated from a number of hits then hitting the pothole might have been the final hit. I've ridden mine 60K km without that happening, but I slow down whenever I encounter bad road conditions or what not, unlike another mate who rides his like he stole it (basically treats it like a dual purpose bike). His Jetmax's rear swing-arm suiffered the same fate as yours, so he had it specially welded up, though I think he bought a replacement in the end. I've followed him on his Jetmax more than once, and have often times cringed at just how abusive he is towards the scoot. Taking jumps of high berms and what not, then he complains about this or that not lasting etc. I just shake my head (our side joke - all arse, no class).
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post61796
    You didn't deny this and any company would do the same on a vehicle that had been treated hard

Have you heard about a recall on this model ?

I am sure if this had been a Japanese made bike this would of been big news.
    Not on this model but I have on others
    http://blog.motorcycle.com/2011/11/1...rake-controls/

So please DONT EXPECT TO MUCH
    I dont, its a $3000 bike
    Not sure if the Jetmax has the same design, worth a look
    I do check it every few days when down there checking the oil and tyre pressure, thanks for the heads up.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast