Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1. #111 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    The sound you hear when riding over rough surfaces might be due to some design of the front forks. As an example, BMW's G650GS has a plastic insert/cap that vibrates with a thump sound when the forks are subjected to harsh movements such as when hitting sudden objects/obstacles. Not sure if this is a similar situation with the Jetmax shocks. Never the less, due to design and execution, riding the bike to the conditions, I hardly - if ever experience such phenomena with the Jetmax. My GS is a different story however.

If you find your Jetmax seems to experience a fairly constant amount of the front end thumping within the front end, I'd suggest you pay attention to that RHS rear swing arm. Given that two other CFMoto scoots (MCM members) have suffered failures with the rear swingarm alloy subframe. Again, IMO it is due to both riders pushing the scoots. a Jetmax (one rider) & a Jetlux (the other rider) beyond the spec's for which the scooters are designed. Put another way, with a lot more mileage on my Jetmax I have not suffered the same failure as has been the case with either the Jetmax or Jetlux. I pay a lot of attention to the riding surfaces and always take steps to avoid or minimise stresses to the scoot (in fact all my rides), either slowing speed considerably or where possible riding round the irregularity - basically riding to the conditions.

In regards to the main fuse, that looks to be the main fuse that are in the front main cubby on my and a mates older Jetmax, which one assumes has been relocated on newer models. Having that fuse up front has been useful as it is where I connect my trickle battery charger.

Wonder why CFMoto relocated that fuse? Would be interesting to put an new and older model side-by-side stripped down for comparison sake.

As for the photos, edit your post, and when you do, look for the advanced edit button below the text edit window. When in the advanced edit, scroll down past the text edit window and you will see the photos attached. Edit them and delete the ones you don't want.

Jetmax = CF250T-6A
    Jetlux = CF250T-8
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

2. #112 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Amazing amount of space under seat
    Thats a 30 can box of 375ml cans with space to spare.
    I wish we could get one of these in Vietnam, fill it up with ice a dozen cans and a couple of Banh Mi and off to our favourite bit of beach for the day, something we just can't do with a Nouvo.
    IMG238 - Copy.jpg

3. #113 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Does anyone have any idea where to find the fan relay?

As I rolled into the driveway today after a longish ride I got a slow red followed by 5 fast so a 15 code which is "Short circuit to battery' s positive polar of the fan relay."
    Doesn't sound like much of a drama and I am hoping its just a loose connector, but where is it???
    I can guess that its removing panels to access the front but knowing my luck after doing that it'll end up being down the back.

Its due for its 6000 klm service in about 200klm, should I just not worry about it and get it fixed under warranty?
    Help or advice appreciated.

ADD: It hasn't happened again and the fan does come on, so I guess it will wait.
    I assume they will plug the computer in and see the error code and address it, I will remind them to do so anyway and to repair the MP3 player while they are at it, I don't use it but it should be working, wish it had a trip counter instead.
    Last edited by seven of nine; 11-24-2014 at 08:01 AM.

4. #114 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Noob
    Please any one can informed me from where could I find spare parts to jetmax or buy it on line I am from Egypt and I can't find any parts for jetmax please help.
    I want any site could buy spare parts on line and can shipping to Egypt for jetmax .

5. #115 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Noob
    Having problems with charging the battery. Don't know if I need to replace or not. I am charging it through the glove box as suggested. Had it on over 20 hours. It still won't start and I noticed the speedometer is all the way up. Could there be a problem? The digital read out is on even though the key is not turned on. I don't want to wreck anything. Please help, I am not very scooter literate.

6. #116 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by boop0440 View Post
    Having problems with charging the battery. Don't know if I need to replace or not. I am charging it through the glove box as suggested. Had it on over 20 hours. It still won't start and I noticed the speedometer is all the way up. Could there be a problem? The digital read out is on even though the key is not turned on. I don't want to wreck anything. Please help, I am not very scooter literate.
    Battery Replacements:
    Yuasa YTX12-BS
    Motobatt MBTX12U
    The first part sounds like a dying battery. I'd replace the battery first.
    I have found that the OEM battery on the Jetmax to last about year before they seem to die off, so I've switched to a Motobatt battery. Some might suggest a Yuasa brand battery - which are fairly reliable, however I personally like the adaptability of the Motobatt connectors on top. MotoBatt is an AGM battery, a type of Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) battery.

According to Motobatt...
    AGM Battery Technology AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) sealed battery technology was originally developed for military aircraft where power, weight, safety, and reliability were paramount considerations.

AGM battery technology offers improvements over other sealed battery technologies.
    This "next generation" technology delivers increased safety, performance, and service life over all other existing sealed battery types, including Gel technology.
    AGM batteries have an extremely low internal electrical resistance combined with faster acid migration, which allows the AGM batteries to deliver and absorb higher rates of amperage than other types of sealed batteries during discharging and charging.

AGM technology batteries can be charged at normal lead-acid regulated charging voltages therefore, it's not necessary to recalibrate charging systems or purchase special battery chargers.

The second aspect of your enquiry suggest that there's possibly a short circuit if when you turn OFF the ignition (especially if removing ignition key from ignition) and the dash display remains on. The speedo needle normally does a sweep of the speedometer as part of the ECU self check diagnostic on ignition ON. Is the scoot getting any red light code flashes on the dash at all?

I'd go with battery replacement first - then if that doesn't remedy things, take the scoot to an auto-electrician, unless you have faith in your local CFMoto dealer... or the scoot is still under warranty.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 03-16-2015 at 02:40 AM.
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #117 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Still loving mine, best bang for buck 200, 300cc scooter by a country mile in my opinion and I have ridden them all now.

The battery drainage issue on the newer models seems to be fixed, I was overseas for a couple of months and expected a dead battery on return but it fired up first time so I am happy with that.

8. #118 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post

Headlights / Lights:
    I've replaced the stock Quartz Halogen 35/35W headlights. <snip> Instead I installed some 80/100W halogens (Korean brand) which seem to work well (haven't installed a relay as yet).
    Hi,
    I take it that these bulbs were H4, not HS1 as per original fitment?
    About to do the same and as I have a set of 55 watt H4's sitting in a box was considering using them.
    Have you had any issues, the interweb mentions meltage issues on various bikes.

Thanks

9. #119 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
    Hi,
    I take it that these bulbs were H4, not HS1 as per original fitment?
    About to do the same and as I have a set of 55 watt H4's sitting in a box was considering using them.
    Have you had any issues, the interweb mentions meltage issues on various bikes.
    Thanks
    H4 bulbs from memory.
    I think the maximum wattage would be 55/60W. The standard wiring loom doesn't seem to be able to handle much more than that. The 3 pin connectors that connect directly to the 3 male pins of the headlight bulb, deformed on mine. Some heat warped/melted the connectors. I went with HIDs eventually. However I'd look at LEDs since they are available now. Make sure to get LEDs with the heat sink or fan, and not just a LED headlight replacement bulb. The LED needs to operate at a maximum temperature, anything more degrades the life of the LED.
    - Pablo Picasso

10. #120 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Yeah OK thanks for that and on to plan B as I don't really want to go ripping guards off and buying more bulbs.
    As its really only for an occasional short trip, not a regular thing by any stretch I'll just mount one of these in line with the bottom of the grill angled down.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1PC-6INCH...item19d80b4b33

Only drama I see is the law says it must be high beam only, whereas I only need it for low beam.
    Just need to figure out how to have it so it only comes on when the lights are on with a toggle switch to select "high on LED on" as per the law and "low on LED on" as per my actual needs.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast