Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. #101 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Horns done (Big difference) and over the last few days have gradually wound the shockie adjusters back down to zero - ride is more comfortable, I don't know why I thought they needed to wound up to max.
    Waiting for china mail to get my LED's for the top box to me.

Took a 2009 400cc Burgman for a blast yesterday to see if I was missing out on anything and am happy to say that I prefered the Jetmax by far, especially with the modified seat.
    The burgy did suck up the bumps better and I did like it's mirrors, but it didn't feel as tight, nippy and nimble as the jetmax.
    Sure, it was an older bike, but it was top dollar at a dealership so should have been tweaked and presented at its best I would think.

2. #102 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Oil leak has stopped, seems it was over full, now it is on the line no more leak.
    Front shocks crashing on occasion is a bit of a concern, but google shows that many bikes of many brands have similar issues so I guess its something i'll live with unless anyone has suggestions?

6000klm service coming up soon, cant find info on what gets done and will have to hit bikerdoc up for some parts - not sure how long brake pads should last but will get a full set as well as filters

Near 3000klm ridden since purchase and couldn't be happier with my purchase.

3. #103 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
    Oil leak has stopped, seems it was over full, now it is on the line no more leak.
    Front shocks crashing on occasion is a bit of a concern, but google shows that many bikes of many brands have similar issues so I guess its something i'll live with unless anyone has suggestions?

6000klm service coming up soon, cant find info on what gets done and will have to hit bikerdoc up for some parts - not sure how long brake pads should last but will get a full set as well as filters

Hi
    With my CF Jetlux got about 11.000km out of the back and fronts was ok but replaced all front and back . Both the Jetlux and Jetmax are good bikes had a chance the other week to ride the Docs Jetmax , same good ride as the Jetlux but with a different skin but rides a bit better with bigger wheels a must say

Front shocks crashing on occasion is a bit of a concern
    Mine are fine you must be hitting some big holes to fast ?
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #104 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi
    With my CF Jetlux got about 11.000km out of the back and fronts was ok but replaced all front and back .
    Good to hear, so several thousand to go then

Mine are fine you must be hitting some big holes to fast ?
    Lots of big holes in the road in Australia, not so noticable in a car which is 99% of users.
    Mostly its things like coming off of a or entering a driveway, here we tend to have as much as a 50mm 90 degree edge on them, hit them at much more than walking speed and I get the clunk.
    Also we have a tendency to put a manhole cover either 1 inch higher or lower than the road level and have that right on your line when going through a roundabout at 50kph.
    Or dig a trench across a road for some reason and then fill it either 2 inches low or 1 inch high, so yeah, I am hitting them too fast but what to do when the speed limit is 60, 80 k + and you have a car up your arse.

5. #105 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Hi
    50mm don't sound that much to worrie
    about , here in China we tend to worrie about
    Holes of 150 mm !! so "maybe" you could
    have a issue with your front shocks , need to get
    them checked out !!
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

6. #106 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post

Sounds like the crankcase might have been overfilled? But check that breather tube regardless as the open ended type tube with a bung/plug in the end will leak after a time. The sealed tube is the better proposition. I saw a new Jetlux (Jetmax in different clothes and smaller wheels sold here by CFMoto) with a sealed breather hose/tube just last Sunday.
    Keep in mind that the front shocks are not full length shocks as found on motorcycles or on many of the big maxi scooters e.g. Burgmna650, TMax500 etc. Consequently the amount of suspension travel on the shorter shocks such that the Jetmax has, is significantly less. ANY Surface irregularities will be felt way more on the likes of the Jetmax in comparison. Changing your riding style and approach to road conditions is paramount otherwise your ride will likely suffer some form of failure. Just like a mates Jetmax RHS swingarm sub frame did. He rides it like a trail bike though, so it was to be expected. Though I was surprised when he complained about the build quality etc, when the reality the failure was induced stress bought about by operator error IMO.

As for sourcing parts, most of the consumables must be available in OZ surely, but if not then sure I can help out.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #107 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    My swing arm at the back that the Doc is referring to .

bikexx.jpg

Please bear in mind roads can be very bad in China so 50mm to us is classed as nearly being flat heheh with my Jetlux like Docs friend I did hit some very deep holes at high speeds, Bad on Me not bad on the bike IMO

8. #108 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Changing your riding style and approach to road conditions is paramount otherwise your ride will likely suffer some form of failure. Just like a mates Jetmax RHS swingarm sub frame did. He rides it like a trail bike though,
    I certainly dont ride it hard or take it in the rough, just occasionally I get caught with an unavoidable, to me, bump.
    Enough to get a clunk from the front, but not enough to feel anything bad from the rear.

As for sourcing parts, most of the consumables must be available in OZ surely, but if not then sure I can help out.
    Oh I can get them here, but like most things here we will get raped.
    Price on a full set of pads here was $150 Vs $25 in China (plus freight ???)
    Oil filter here was $18 and there they are about $2.50 (plus freight ???)
    http://buytome.com/goods/item/detail/id/17060813734

I buy stuff in from the states and on eBay from China regularly, but can find little for the jetmax on eBay.
    How safe do you think these guys (above) would be to use?

I found this one that you use there but chrome doesn't auto translate for some reason
    http://s.taobao.com/search?q=cfmoto+...shopz_20141024

9. #109 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    It's the freight aspect that can be a cost prohibitive factor, unless one is buying expensive &/or large quantities. I recently sent AUD1100+ worth of replacement parts over to another CFMoto rider in OZ (QLD)- fuel tank, set of front forks, radiator, headlight ...yadda, yadda, yadda, and some consumables etc for a 650... so for that rider it was worth the AUD200 courier... mind you once it was sent, he had the items within several days.
    It's a lot of work though from this end...
    I as a rule generally don't deal with any of the TB sellers for CFMoto parts I can source from the factory... I prefer to deal direct with CFMoto factory parts...

Word of caution, just because something is advertised on TB don't mean it exists, real, available or is as it indicates it MIGHT be on the tin...
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

10. #110 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Regular
    With the front shocks, after reading countless posts about various breeds of bikes I am not 100% convinced it is actually the shock but perhaps a hose or something hitting something???
    I need to investigate more.
    Does not happen on all bumps, doesn't even happen on all big bumps.

First drama since ownership came this morning when I did hit a big bump, big enough that soon after the bike started missing, finally ended up stalling and having all sorts of re starting issues.
    No warning lights in dash and no temp issues so I initially thought it was shit in the tank jolted up after the bump as it was just cough splutter stall but when it became no turning over at all I gathered it was electrical.
    Eventually after a bit of scolding (think Basil Fawlty beating his car) it did start and I limped it home.

Pulled some plastic for a look and here is what I found on the left hand side

left.JPGleft 1.JPG

Pushed the wires and boots back in and all seems better than ever.

This pic here on the right hand side, I take it this is the main fuse that used to be in the dash with the other fuses on older models?

main fuse.JPG

Spare pics - not sure why they are there, cant get rid of them sorry
    Attached Images
    Last edited by seven of nine; 11-02-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast