foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar

4. #14 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 

5. #15 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 

6. #16 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Overall I'm pretty impressed and happy with my purchase decision, and it definitely represents good value for the money spent. Now if only they had a English manual, which I'm trying to get.
    Very interesting pictures. I hope the plastic is of good quality.
    Why did you changes the left mirror?
    If you ever have cooling problems: remove the horn ;)
    The front fork looks quite impressive.

BTW: have the fluids (fork oil etc) been replaced? I always had problems with fork and brakes with the original fluids.

And for the manual: I was totally surprised to find an english manual for the old CFMOTO e-jewel I had. Didn't find one for the V3. Hope you get one for the jetmax. How many other chinese manufacturers have service manuals for their products? (oh well, what a question)
    Last edited by messenger61; 07-25-2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: still looking at the pictures

7. #17 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by messenger61 View Post
    Very interesting pictures. I hope the plastic is of good quality.
    Yes the plastic is good, I've already removed all of the front body panels more than 4-5 times already including one time in the dealers shop so we could install an alarm. Not one item or clip of the plastic panelling has broken or snapped, which further reinforces that the plastic is a better than average.

Why did you changes the left mirror?
    The photo that shows the different left mirror which I took from my Dragstar to show the different angles used between a standard mirror and that on the Jetmax. The standard mirrors on the Jetmax had a position that was too upright, while functionally they were just okay, the mirrors didn't look good aesthetically and the reflected field of view was not as good as mirrors that had mounting brackets with more of an angle. I ended up changing both mirrors, the same day I went to the dealer for the first service at 300km just to change the engine oil, I bought a motorcycle alarm (Suzuki bike alarm) - just touch the bike with one finger with minute movement and the alarm will chirp a few times as a warning, if movement continues then the alarm sounds continuously and it is loud, but it also has multiple frequencies and the high pitch sound is almost unbearable.

If you ever have cooling problems: remove the horn ;)
    So far I have not had any issues with overheating, and that's also a good thing considering that it's hot here at the moment, temperatures been in the mid-to-high thirties and high humidity in the nineties, and the bikes temp hasn't got more than 3-4 bars on the temp display. But I do take your point about horn location, however I used the original horn location to fit the two tone horns, plus with that location there is little interference from body panels etc so the sound is loud - which is a MUST in China.

The front fork looks quite impressive.
    BTW: have the fluids (fork oil etc) been replaced? I always had problems with fork and brakes with the original fluids
    For the moment I've not done anything with the front fork oi and I've no plan to for the time being. The brakes do not present a problem with the exception that I'm not convinced that the front brake employs a standard ABS system like I'm familiar with on the BMW's etc.

And for the manual: I was totally surprised to find an english manual for the old CFMOTO e-jewel I had. Didn't find one for the V3. Hope you get one for the jetmax. How many other chinese manufacturers have service manuals for their products? (oh well, what a question)
    CFMoto has a good range of manuals, which you can find and download in English from http://www.cfmoto-us.com/html/downloadCust.aspx (you will find the V3 manual there). I have the standard owners manual in Simplified Chinese, since I bought the scooter in China, but I have asked to get the English manual, although the manual is pretty basic.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 07-25-2010 at 10:42 PM.

8. #18 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    CFMoto has a good range of manuals, which you can find and download in English from http://www.cfmoto-us.com/html/downloadCust.aspx (you will find the V3 manual there). I have the standard owners manual in Simplified Chinese, since I bought the scooter in China, but I have asked to get the English manual, although the manual is pretty basic.
    I mean I was impressed to find a service manual for the e-jewel. The owners manual is too basic (sooner or later someone has to know torque values or valve gaps for maintenance).

9. #19 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    I mean I was impressed to find a service manual for the e-jewel. The owners manual is too basic (sooner or later someone has to know torque values or valve gaps for maintenance).
    Arhhh now I understand & agree with you entirely. I also like to have workshop manuals for my vehicles, well at least most of them. I'm not too worried about my little JinJian 125 scooter... :)

10. #20 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Nice looking scooter. I have been thinking it could be nice to drive a scooter to Nordkapp. Would be perfect for that.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast