Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Not sure if this was mentioned, but I saw this scooter, or at least I am fairly sure it is, on CFMoto's US site:

http://www.cfmoto-us.com/html/Produc...ssname=Scooter

although it is called the CF250T-6 on the site.

2. #22 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned, but I saw this scooter, or at least I am fairly sure it is, on CFMoto's US site:
    http://www.cfmoto-us.com/html/Produc...ssname=Scooter
    although it is called the CF250T-6 on the site.
    Yes, that's the Jetmax model: CF250T-6A available in 4 colours; black, silver, pearl white, & gold.

3. #23 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    I looked at the US CFMoto site again, and it states that the price is $0.00, so I figure it is not yet available here in the US yet.

4. #24 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    We (the infamous "Beijing Dragons") went out for a ride yesterday (Saturday) and there was a guy that showed up with a CF-Moto V3 (250). It sure looked nice and the rider claimed it was one of the easiest bikes he has ever ridden in his lengthy experience (he has a Harley back home in the USA). He said he was quite happy with CF-Moto's product.

Personally, I think CF-Moto has some very interesting products. I keep hoping to see the Jetmax on a Beijing street, but I think our city's current quagmire about Jing A plating is keeping many new models from being registered this summer.

5. #25 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    I looked at the US CFMoto site again, and it states that the price is $0.00, so I figure it is not yet available here in the US yet.
    Gee, you don't think that's just a nice promotional price? "Act now, get a free bike!"
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #26 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    I am NEVER that lucky......

7. #27 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Noob
    Bikerdoc, thanks for the info and review of the Jetmax. I have been researching CFMoto products over the last couple of months and your posts were very helpful. I think CFMOto is one of the better manufacturers in China.

8. #28 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    I'm left wondering if it really is a true ABS system like that used on BMW's or is there some form of redundancy - relief valve built into the system? The front stops but its just very vague.
    hi bikerdoc, i think that system is only a simple device, and they call it ABS
    check this link http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=2627906195
    2010712164737222.jpg
    the above piciture shows the normal position found at a single disk system. For dual disk break, the most possible place is around Y shape dividing valve.
    remove that device and front break should work sharp.
    Last edited by td_ref; 08-28-2010 at 08:28 PM.

9. #29 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by robert View Post
    Bikerdoc, thanks for the info and review of the Jetmax. I have been researching CFMoto products over the last couple of months and your posts were very helpful. I think CFMOto is one of the better manufacturers in China.
    No worries. I think the quality of CFmoto products is fairly decent on the whole, though their head office could do with some lessons in sales and marketing IMHO. I sent a detailed email to the Manager International Sales (Minnie) at CFmoto here in China about a month ago, and I've not received even an acknowledgement. A friend (a foreign business owner based here in China) also called that same person at CFmoto, and he said she was anything less than helpful and told him he had to contact a dealer. Before I bought the Jetmax, we'd made multiple calls to different folks at CFmoto, only to find we had differing and inconsistent stories told to us. However I've learnt that such is the way in China.

10. #30 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by robert View Post
    After having had two CFmoto scooters (CF250T-Fashion VIP aka. Honda Helix clone & now the Jetmax) I can say with some confidence that the quality is definately better than many other motorcycle manufacturer's in mainland China. It may not be up to the same level as Kymco, or the Japanese main four, but it's certainly better than many other mainland manufacturer's. Last week me and a good mate drove down to Taizhou to check out a 300cc scooter made by Geely Motorcycles http://www.geelybike.com/product_view300cc.asp?id=937

JL300T-8.jpg

I tried to talk my mate out of it, as I've seen a few scoots of similar design around, and aesthetically I think they look ugly fugly. But my mate was so annoyed with CFmoto's attitude that he's seriously looking at alternatives as he'd ridden my Jetmax and was fairly impressed but with the response he had from CFmoto HQ, he's looking elsewhere. So off we went, and I'm glad we did.

After managing to find Geely's Taizhou site where both cars and motorcycles are made in sites on opposite sides of the road (we were only given the road name, no number & even a online search never turned up a physical address number - thankfully I used my GarminXT). On arrival at the correct Geely site we were welcomed by the export manager - a young Chinese guy who spoke minimal English, who after some idle chit chat in Mandarin beckoned us into the Geely showroom in a room of the motorcycle assembly plant. The usual run of the mill scooters with one of two modern looking scoot's added for interest. The large 300cc scoot though wasn't amongst the lineup. For that we had to go into the assembly plant. I'm glad we did.

There were two assembly lines, with assembly workers working on various scooters in various stages of assembly. We saw areas where engines were sitting on pallets and the floor on one area, while bare frames sat in another. Completed scoots and motorcycles were parked in another area.

Geely 1.jpg

On close inspection of the frames, my mate and I were astonished at just how bad the welding was. It wasn't bad welding technique on just one or two frames with lax QC. The whole lot, were really bad. It was obvious that stick welding was being done by hand, and really poorly. I wish it was better, but it wasn't. The welding used on the Geely frames just don't compare to that used on the CFmoto Jetmax frames of my two scooters.

We were lead to an area near one of the assembly lines, where half a dozen scooters were parked in various states of completion or undress with a couple of workers tending them. In amongst the collection was the Geely JL300T-8. Man was it even uglier than I thought. First impressions were that the plastics used were crap, totally opposite of the quality plastic used on the CFmoto Jetmax. To his credit the export manager did tell us, that the scooter was a preproduction model (the only one), but it didn't help that the storage compartment lids didn't fit or close properly once opened. The JT300T-8 sits low and is long, though y impression is it's not anywhere near as long as the Jetmax.

We took the scoot for a ride, my mate doing the honours first. After a time it was my turn. I found the scoot to conceal its weight down low but with such a low slung centre of gravity one had to be even more careful with low speed turns. I did find the brakes to be really responsive and had lots of fun, riding the bike up and down the various site roads, locking up the brakes. No ABS or interlinking brakes on this scoot. The rear seat opens as two parts, with riders seat opening forward while the pillion seat opens with a hinge at the rear.

Geely 2.jpg

To cut a long story short, we left the Geely motorcycle factory totally unimpressed, but thankful at the chance to see first hand the quality of the production.

Unfortunately we didn't have time to visit the Jonway factory located nearby, but we did find out that the Jonway GTS500 scooter http://cn.jonway.com/english/index.asp isn't in production despite what the various incarnations of Jonways or dealers website might otherwise suggest. From what we were told by phone from Jonway (Taizhou) there have been issues with the 500cc engine used, serious enough that all manufacturers using the engine have halted their respective production runs.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast