Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1. #61 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraman View Post
    Thanks for all theinformation, thejetmaxwill be onsale in mycountry in10 days,and I want tobuy,27,000 kmlastrollers, you know theprice or weightof them? you are wecome for more information https://www.facebook.com/groups/221496227923542/
    You might like to correct the colour of the fonts, as it's not easy to read your post.
    The roller weights are 11g each. Price for the roller weights comes complete with the front variator and cost special price of CNY900 though it is advertised as CNY1450. Besides you are in Argentina so the price will likely be different. The rollers are not sold separately, only supplied by CFMoto as complete variator assembly. I replaced the front variator with rollers at 34000km, and now have completed 36000km. Just replaced front and rear tyres, with a 120/70-15 Pirelli and a 150/70-14 Bridgestone. Also fitted new rear brake pads and refaced the rear rotor brake-disc. Added a couple of small semi-circular tabs to the bottom of the centre stand to compensate for the slightly bigger rear tyre (standard rear is a 140/60-14) which has increased the rear ride height a little. All in all, happy with the scoot.

2. #62 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    I did look at Mitsuboshi when I was looking to replace the CVT belt, but honestly it was more convenient to just buy the belt and then later the rear variator pulley complete with roller weights directly from CFMoto. You might be able to find a belt that fits, or even as in my case I was looking for replacement roller weights from another after market supplier. But you need to know the dimensions etc of these items since there is so many variables. At the time when I had problems with one then later a second roller weight, I did look elsewhere since CFMoto only sells the roller weights complete with the variator assembly. Perhaps they already knew that the life of the roller weights and the variator ramps would wear out around the same time. Who knows... anyway as stated, it was far easier in the end to just buy what I needed at the time from CFMoto which has a shop on Taoabo (like eBay).

3. #63 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    thanks Bikerdoc four your time this am in the motorcycle expo in My Country, you have brake rotor picture? You could buy the CTV? Mitsuboshi 226 x 903 price? in dolar .is difficult to find the model on page Mitsuboshi
    The Jetmax in the picture you posted doesn't have the integrated pillion grab rails with rear luggage rack or luggage rack lugs.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 12-30-2011 at 04:44 AM.

4. #64 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Noob
    You share here good images of scooter.I like this scooter design and its features.This scooter engine is powerful then other scooter.Thanks for sharing info about this scooter.

5. #65 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Noob
    From Chile (not China) Hi Bikerdoc:
    The Jetmax is in our market since March 2012, and is all sold out now. Next shipment will arrive for latest November, and given
    my interest in one, your brilliant report is very helpful for me. I'm a chinese user, Great Wall d/c truck & Skygo V250 bike, both very good machines at 40% price of the japs.
    Thanks and best regards
    Alberto

6. #66 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Bikerdoc thank you very much for the information, CFMOTO shop shipping outside of China ?
    Jetmax just buy my idea is to travel from the beaches ARGENTINA-BRAZIL2500 km.total 5300km, you made a long travel to China?
    something you want to recommend me for this trip?
    Sorry missed your reply. So how did your trip go?

7. #67 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by albest View Post
    From Chile (not China) Hi Bikerdoc:
    The Jetmax is in our market since March 2012, and is all sold out now. Next shipment will arrive for latest November, and given my interest in one, your brilliant report is very helpful for me. I'm a chinese user, Great Wall d/c truck & Skygo V250 bike, both very good machines at 40% price of the japs.
    Thanks and best regards
    Alberto
    Hi Alberto, glad to see that you have interest in the Jetmax. Keep in mind that CFMoto also have a Jetlux which shares the same engine, but has quite a different design, different plastics, smaller diameter wheels, different headlights and seat design. One thing that is important to consider is even though CFmoto are better in many ways to the average Chinese motorcycle manufacturer there are still costs savings being made on their motorcycles. The savings have got to come from somewhere. If you have a chance to compare a Kymco Xciting 250 and the CFmoto Jetmax 250 you find substantial differences, as I did. When I ride my Jetmax and then ride my Burgman they are just so different and I am not referring to just engine size 250 vs 650. Quality of paint, plastics, fittings, design and functionality, materials and so on.

Just because you might save 60% MSRP between a Chinese bike and something comparable does not mean that they are the same quality, fit and finish. You just need to compare bikes to work out if the 60% cost saving to you is worth the sacrifices in other areas. In other words, if the circumstance were different and I could have had other choices at the time of purchase, would I still buy and ride the Jetmax all things being equal, probably not. This became even more apparent to me when I was back in NZ for 3 months (March-June) and I bought a Suzuki AN650 executive model. The difference between that and the Jetmax is quite remarkable. Keep in mind that I have done 47000km+ on my Jetmax, and modified it a lot. The differences are there and it is the reason I bought another AN650 Executive here in China even though I contemplated the CFMoto 650TR. I even rode 900km return trip to see a 650TR in person so I could judge for myself, if it ticked enough boxes for me to buy one. The 650TR while quite nice, is expensive (rmb46800 MSRP) and still some significant compromises in my opinion. At the moment there is still a significant gap between Chinese motorcycles and those from Japan, Europe and elsewhere.

Keep in mind that nothing comes for free, the 60% price difference between the Jetmax and some other overseas manufacturers model, has been arrived at in many different ways, not just in terms of manufacturing, but also in terms of market & currency manipulation plus other methods.

Just sayin...

YMMV

8. #68 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Hi Alberto, glad to see that you have interest in the Jetmax...........

Just sayin...

YMMV
    Hi Bikerdoc: Thanks for your complete replay, and I must add that I agree with all your points and understand clearly your "just sayin". But in my current world some things are now different: 68 y/o, 57 ys riding motorcycles but never scooter, that has become a desire; but in these days I think we must keep our feet on the ground, and I really don´t need a US$ 13.000 scooter to ride 5.000 mls a year if I can get a new Jetmax for US$ 4.000. BTW I´m also keeping my current bike, and with both I´m going to do about 8.000 mls in the year.
    Again, thanks for taking your time
    Alberto

9. #69 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by albest View Post
    Hi Bikerdoc: Thanks for your complete replay, and I must add that I agree with all your points and understand clearly your "just sayin". But in my current world some things are now different: 68 y/o, 57 ys riding motorcycles but never scooter, that has become a desire; but in these days I think we must keep our feet on the ground, and I really don´t need a US$ 13.000 scooter to ride 5.000 mls a year if I can get a new Jetmax for US$ 4.000. BTW I´m also keeping my current bike, and with both I´m going to do about 8.000 mls in the year.
    Again, thanks for taking your time
    Alberto
    Hi all ,,I think you have a point Aberto,,,,but I look at owning Chinese machines from a diffferent perspective,being the price they are right now (cheap),it allows me to own a machine for every speical roll,,ie dirt bike,,,highway touring,,and scootering,,,there is no one bike that will do all these jobs,,and is reasonbly good at all them, what ever the manufacturers say....Sure they have not got the quantitiy of the Japs and Europeans,,,but they still are not too bad.....Saying That!!!! I could not being myself to part with £2800 for a Jetmax,the one I saw (in black) looked really iffy.........Good regards Lipsee

10. #70 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by lipsee View Post
    Hi all ,,I think you have a point Aberto,,,,but I look at owning Chinese machines from a diffferent perspective,being the price they are right now (cheap),it allows me to own a machine for every speical roll,,ie dirt bike,,,highway touring,,and scootering,,,there is no one bike that will do all these jobs,,and is reasonbly good at all them, what ever the manufacturers say....Sure they have not got the quantitiy of the Japs and Europeans,,,but they still are not too bad.....Saying That!!!! I could not being myself to part with £2800 for a Jetmax,the one I saw (in black) looked really iffy.........Good regards Lipsee
    Hi Lipsee: I´m in the same vein as you; I´ve got a chinese custom V250 bike, Yamaha "clone", and its quality is the same as the Yamaha(at least till now - 13.000 km); now I want to add a scooter, and I like the Jetmax and don´t need anything bigger nor better. As I´m not a boy, I think I will finish my bike-life with both bikes.
    Best regards
    Alberto

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast